Diablo® III

best way to farm for gear and gold?

so i have been extremly inactive in this game and as a result i am very far behind in gear. so much so that im getting gear drops right now that exceed my old pre loot 2.0 zuni set. i dont even have enough gems to craft full star gems.

im also extremly poor. i only have 600k to my name, which isnt enough to craft with even if i had all gems i need.

so whats the best way to gear up? should i reset my quests or farm a particular dungeon/act?
Reply Quote
Are you buying RoS?
Reply Quote
I would say reset and go get those guaranteed legendary items. Once you become a bit stronger, you might want to do more specialized run.

When you do quests, you can have other players around carrying your weight --- just stay in Torment 1 if you are not well geared. I tend to play T1 a lot because I can carry all 3 other players. Don't go in higher Torment unless you enjoy dragging the team down.
Reply Quote
Resetting quests and running normal to Diablo for that 100% legendary PoS.
Reply Quote
picking up gold is really tedious.

i would say level a WD if u don't have one and do like T1 runs with tons of pickup radius. Prolly the best way to get gold. Just go to places that have decent density like Act3.

also if you have enough crafting mats sell yellows, make decent gold.

it seems like the best way to get gold however is to buy RoS. You can either do that or enjoy beating your head against a wall scrounging for gold and perfect square gems to craft up to marquise. O_o
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 03:26 PMPosted by ihaveshirts
Are you buying RoS?

ya i pre ordered it
Reply Quote
Are you buying RoS?

ya i pre ordered it

03/22/2014 03:28 PMPosted by DoomBringer
I would say reset and go get those guaranteed legendary items. Once you become a bit stronger, you might want to do more specialized run.

When you do quests, you can have other players around carrying your weight --- just stay in Torment 1 if you are not well geared. I tend to play T1 a lot because I can carry all 3 other players. Don't go in higher Torment unless you enjoy dragging the team down.

which bosses drop the guaranteed legendary again? just the end act bosses such as azmo/diablo/butcher/etc?
Reply Quote
i do a combination of selling all my yellows and blues when my bags get full, then next time maybe salvage all to get mats and keep doing that. Im only at 3.2 mil right now so im sure you could get more by just selling all the yellows and blues alot.
Reply Quote
1) It's pointless to grind for gear. Even if you are undergeared. Find an act and difficulty you can run and farm it.
2) Paragon lvls > Gear. The more Paragon lvls you have allows for a greater diversity in build set ups.
3) RoS hits in 3 days. You will be lvling to 70 asap I assume so just stick with what you find while grinding Plvls atm and hit 70. Then you can farm for gear via, Bounties and Rifts.
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 03:40 PMPosted by Ballistixz
Are you buying RoS?

ya i pre ordered it

03/22/2014 03:28 PMPosted by DoomBringer

which bosses drop the guaranteed legendary again? just the end act bosses such as azmo/diablo/butcher/etc?

Diablo is the only one. If you do a complete reset he will drop at least 1 for you. This will happen each time you do a complete reset of quests.
Reply Quote
03/22/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Noyjitat
1) It's pointless to grind for gear. Even if you are undergeared. Find an act and difficulty you can run and farm it.
2) Paragon lvls > Gear. The more Paragon lvls you have allows for a greater diversity in build set ups.
3) RoS hits in 3 days. You will be lvling to 70 asap I assume so just stick with what you find while grinding Plvls atm and hit 70. Then you can farm for gear via, Bounties and Rifts.

well i mean it takes like 800 levels to max just the offense tab alone and im at lvl 20 only. so idk bro.
Reply Quote
800 Paragon maxes all tabs out except the first one which allows you to keep putting points into your main stat and Vit. I started out patch 2.0 with 160 paragon lvls. I'm currently at 425. Paragon points make an amazing difference if you spend them correctly depending on what you are lacking in your current gear. And if you are only Paragon lvl 20. In the time it takes you to farm 1 Leg you can farm 5 paragon lvls......
Reply Quote
running the game with goldskin armor, gold wrap and kymbos gold or whatever can be 100+25%+150+ extra gold per monster.. have to find them though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]