Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfixes - 3/21/14

(Sticky / Locked)

03/21/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Devoit
Agreed with a few guys that posted above. I think the change is a positive one but only if it comes with an increase in the actual set drop rates on the higher difficulties accordingly. As it stands, I've played quite a bit since 2.0 hit live and the only set items I've looted are:

* Several wailing host/etc rings
* Three of the blackthorne's set (all poorly rolled)
* One piece of IK gear (glove, poorly rolled)

that is literally it, which is insane because I've played tons since 2.0 hit.

^ This. Sets are rare, and when you do find one, you roll the worst possible stats i have ever seen. I have yet to find an Inna item, and I too have played a lot since 2.0 went live. This fix makes no sense; they didn't buff torment, they just nerfed lowers.
Why must you guys nerf anything anyone ever finds efficient in this game...you start to scare people out of their fun you know...If anyone talks about an efficient run, you take it away from them..I don't understand what we are playing sometimes. A game to have fun, or not to have fun.
Oh good. I was tired of being able to farm xp quickly on large groups of mobs. It's good to see they made the stronger big mobs worth more xp.

Oh wait, they just made the weaker enemies worth less.

Buffs to weak areas in the game are good

Nerfs to the only decent areas in the game are bad.

That's not too hard to understand is it?
Make Adventure mode and Rifts better then COTA & other runs
*munches popcorn*
03/21/2014 01:21 PMPosted by Mou
Are you kidding. So monster density is worthless now. THANKS BLIZZARD

Pretty much yea...I don't understand the logic in this!
03/21/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Lim3y
LOL, when people said "Make Torment more rewarding than chain running lower difficulties" they didn't mean "take good drops out of lower difficulties" they meant "buff the drop rate in torment"

This will not end well.

yeah blizzard, quit being diques
03/21/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Nevalistis
03/21/2014 01:07 PMPosted by Gunt
Exactly which "lower than average health pool" monsters will this be affecting?

The list is actually quite long, but we were specifically targeting enemies that "swarm." In other words, those that tend to appear in large quantities and offer little resistance.

Skeletons.

She means skeletons. :P
These changes are fair imo. It isn't like torment 1 is hard. I will miss killing trash mobs for exp though. There is something pretty satisfying about crushing huge mobs.

Have you noticed how Nevalistis always has to break the bad news? :(
03/21/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Nevalistis
we want to avoid situations where the most efficient game play isn't necessarily the most engaging and our investigations revealed this to be that kind of situation. We want a larger variety, rather than only one or two particular routes, to be the most rewarding way to play.

To bad that isn't what the gamer always wants. If someone want to take a portal somewhere and kill something over and over or pop the same chest 1,000,000,000 times in a row. They should have that option.

First you tell us that there are Boa's and we have to play self found which a lot of us hate.

Now you tell us where we can play for these Boa's and Experience.

That is just awesome. I feel like a human Bot and Blizzard is pulling the strings. No choices anymore.

/very sad
03/21/2014 01:14 PMPosted by LILSPARK
When people asked for things to be more rewarding that means raising drop rates and giving more Xp not nerfing what is good so it can all be terrible equally .

The drop rates are pretty close to good anyway. The tiniest of buff to drop rates across all Torment levels would make it perfect. Experience bonuses in Torment levels is already where it needs to be; I see my p-lvl progression bar move WAY faster in Torment than blitz-running normal.
Great, just great. Blizzard giveth, Blizzard taketh away.

Lets just take away the experience bonus.

WHY DOES IT MATTER TO YOU IF I AM HAVING FUN DOING THE SAME RUNS OVER AND OVER.

Now, i see little point into playing. Because i can't do anything worthwhile. Cota is what was fun to me, now it's not worth it.

Good job blizzard.

Oh , btw, i didn't pre-order reaper of souls. I sure as hell won't buy it now.
Is merrium skullthorn fixed? (pls blizz :o))))))))
The crafted items should be shareable with party members!!

Increase the gold rate drop or % response to Gold Find...ROS cost so much and you can make money on the AH. Need gold!!
It makes sense for all of them to be obtained at the same difficulty level, alongside the other sets that will be available at 70 in Torment I+. This should also make these very strong items a little bit more rare,

Please clarify.

You removed them from anything below Torment, does this also imply you reduced the drop rate in Torment as well?

It can be taken both ways.
We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough. As a result, we've reached the decision to make class-specific sets, specifically Natalya’s, Immortal Kings, Tal Rasha's, Inna's, and Zunimassa's, drop only in Torment I or above from this point forward

Are you joking me?

We meant MORE rewards in Torment, just as it was before 2.0 in higher MPs!

Meaning if players manage to farm Torment 6 the AMOUNT of legendaries they find should be higher.

/facepalm #1

Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

First of all I am TIRED of you guys ALWAYS speaking in stupid riddles. Just CLARIFY which areas you are nerfing and save us the time to test it and get even more frustrated.

Once again you fail to understand what your players want.

Instead of nerfing "popular" runs you should just buff those that aren't as popular.

And trust me on this one Blizzard, nobody "likes" doing Cota runs, let's be real here. We do it because the rest of the game is empty. Even the most dense zones like keep depths 2 are not close as dense as Cota, which is why we do it in the first place.

When you this company finally understand?

/facepalm #2
  • Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

• I trust you will be increasing the amount experience granted by monsters with higher than average health pools...just to keep things even, right?
    We've been listening to player feedback on difficulty rewards, and one of the most frequent comments we receive is that Torment difficulty isn't rewarding enough.

So rather than make it more rewarding the solution was to make everything below torment less rewarding?

Why am I not surprised?
    Reduced the amount of experience granted by monsters with lower than average health pools.

Could we increase the amount of experience granted by monsters with higher than average health pools?

Unless they're in the mix of another mob (or if I'm playing a difficulty where I risk dieing if I don't eliminate the high threat baddies) I sometimes skip things like Wood Wraiths & Charging Beasts.
    Edited by WhatsUpChuck#1763 on 3/21/2014 1:38 PM PDT
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]