Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfixes - 3/21/14

(Sticky / Locked)

This is why people should be wary asking Blizzard for positive changes to the game, they typically don't buff one aspect of the game without a corresponding nerf.
We have redesigned the reward structure in D3 you can find rewards in a variety of different ways and can play it the way you like...*chest runs* well not that way ... **mira runs** no that' s not right *crypt runs* not that way either... Tell you what we will release an instruction manual on exactly how we want you to play and you can follow that.
The rules aren't too hard to follow...

The higher you go the better the rewards

Is there really any other rule?

People farming normal should'nt be able to get drops as good as those you find in Torment. I know there are torment exclusives, which is fine by me. That, should be generalised.

If you whine because you can't beat Torment and thus, cannot find good items, well boohoo.
can't say I'm surprised at the hotfix. People were complaining about drop rates and the lack of reward progression in torment and instead of rightfully buffing torment or plainly listing how much of a % increase we get on legendary chance drops, they nerfed the lower difficulties. It's almost like someone at blizzard got mad at the complaints and said "oh you want torment to seem more rewarding? I'll make it seem more rewarding. How you like dem apples?"

This hurts hardcore players I assume (I dont play HC) as they have to play torment only now to get the sets they want.

The 2nd "fix" is unfair to those who are not buying RoS, and along with 2handers and sources, it further gives the message that unless you buy RoS, your vanilla experience will further worsen.
03/21/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Aethan
I trust you will be increasing the amount experience granted by monsters with higher than average health pools...just to keep things even, right?

Hahaha, you must be thinking of some other company.
How is this a buff to Torment at all? You didn't make Torment MORE rewarding directly. You just made it "more rewarding than other difficulties" indirectly by nerfing everything else.

Did you raise drop rates to compensate?

And why do you nerf an exp run to match the Expansion BEFORE the expansion comes out? Nerf it later. There was no reason to handicap us and then add a 100% buff. The game comes out in three days. There is literally nothing to do but farm exp.
Did Blizzard secretly get bought by Comcast without anyone knowing?

This would explain a lot.
Unbelievable. The set items are already impossible to find as it is, and now you're making it HARDER?

We're expected to farm until our eyes bleed and then farm some more. To run through the SAME content COUNTLESS times with very little incentive to do so.

By the time I get the items I want I won't give a !@#$ about the game anymore.
03/21/2014 01:09 PMPosted by Phatty
Instead of nerfing things.

1) Why not give a bonus to increase the drop rate of set items different levels of torment?
2) Increase the reward for Adventure Mode and Bounty runs AND then just adjust tail end exp tables like you already have done before perhaps 700 - 800.

[/quote]

1) Because that would be FUN, and we can't have that!

2) See #1.
MVP
03/21/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Brock
This is why people should be wary asking Blizzard for positive changes to the game, they typically don't buff one aspect of the game without a corresponding nerf.

I had asked for a buff but no, it would just be an imposition on everyone else. =/

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11985388426

Every time I ask for an elegant solution to these problems people cry about it. So we get nerfs instead.

CotA needed addressed big time.
In addition to what I wrote, I bought RoS in good faith that the game is going in a positive direction. However, as soon as your support site is back online, I will be asking for a refund. This nerf is plainly ridiculous.
These are some good changes. Set items should be very hard to find, not something you can easily obtain in a week or even a few months(for your average player).
I know this is off topic but I just do not want to waste any more time farming this if it is bugged. Can we, the community, please receive a blue post on the state of the Spectrum Sword in Whimsyshire? It would be a great transmog sword if only it dropped XD.
I like the idea of low drop rate. This can make a clear distinction between devoted players and lazy players.

Set items drop rate could be something like this: 1 set item drop roughly per 1000 legendary drops. Lower the drop rate, but please increase the quality.
Edited by BowenLian#1673 on 3/21/2014 1:49 PM PDT
03/21/2014 01:45 PMPosted by DrothVader
03/21/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Brock

I had asked for a buff but no, it would just be an imposition on everyone else. =/

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11985388426

Every time I ask for an elegant solution to these problems people cry about it. So we get nerfs instead.

CotA needed addressed big time.

Looks like you completely forgot about your post prior to that where you SPECIFICALLY asked for nerfs to Cota runs and only after being rightfully vilified you then put up the post you linked.

You were told that this is what would happen and it has.
03/21/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want a larger variety, rather than only one or two particular routes, to be the most rewarding way to play.

The most variety we've had was when Blizzard buffed monster density, and that got reversed. This team is a total mess and has no idea what the hell they are doing.
Never thought i would be thinking about calling and canceling my preorder until now.

you nerf lower difficulties then dont raise the higher ones for balance

you nerf (low health pool monster) (wtf does that even mean???) but you arent going to raise the exp from the (larger health pool ones)

just OMG
poor babies can't handle their precious cota being nerfed
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]