Diablo® III

[CALC] The (elemental) Power Of The Monk

If eDPS value has 12 => digits you can only see the value with few Excel zoom settings. Otherwise value is shown with ###. Wider column J could probably help.

You can still see actual value by mouseovering to cell but...
Edited by lvke#2791 on 4/19/2014 1:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi,

a lack of time this weekend, but uploaded just a new version with posibility to change colors and also with wider column J ;o)

Greetings and wish all a happy easetrn
Carfesch
Edited by Carfesch#2706 on 4/19/2014 10:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello and good morning,

if there is still interest, version 0.9.9 is uploaded: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKfowrcaiKLc3JrbXlEa1htTTg/edit?usp=sharing

Changes this time:

• Calculation of items (EP with Fist, Fire-Walker, Andariels, TF, Odyn, Schaefers, GNK, Fulminator, Thundergods) implemented
  • Set bonus for Innas can be defined and spirit reg. and regeneration will be calculated
  • Spirit calculation/reduction/regeneration implemented
  • LpS, LpSS implemented
  • Healing per second will be calculated
  • All skills (more checkboxes, sorry) can be activated and deactivated plus some specific activation for some skills
  • Showing on what WD the skill is based (MH or alternating MH/OH)
    Comparison (sheet 2) also now includes buffs of WotHF, DR, CW if activated in sheet 1

• Greetings from Overseas
    Carfesch
    Reply Quote
    Column K now has same issue with column width that column J had earlier with 12 => digits. This also affects column S where eDPS is displayed.

It is not that big of a deal now as we can just change font size to smaller.

Edit: 4/27/2014 Columns AB, AC, AF and AG are also affected this in row 24 (SSS, Mainhand min crit, max crit, Offhand min crit, max crit).
    Edited by lvke#2791 on 4/26/2014 10:07 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I'm not particularly sure what I might have filled in wrong, but the sheet is saying my effective dps is twice what I experienced in a ghom test. This is rather a big discrepancy, but I don't see where I filled anything in incorrectly.
    Reply Quote
    @Ivke: Thanks. I will fix this in next version...

@Coy: Difficult to say what is going wrong there. Several reasons may possible...

1st: MoC/OR is "wrong" in my sheet. It calculates with tool-tip, even the de-buff is just 6%/12% for MoC in general and 12%/18% for Overrawe.

2nd: Maybe you "spam" some skills or skills like Epiphany are only 15 sec, but the eDPS is shown for "1 second", not harmonized over the whole Cool-Down time...

I think there are many other reasons possible, but without more data, difficult to say at all...

Maybe you can upload the sheet with your data and give me the numbers that you measured. Then I can check maybe better...
    Reply Quote
    04/26/2014 04:43 PMPosted by Carfesch
    2nd: Maybe you "spam" some skills or skills like Epiphany are only 15 sec, but the eDPS is shown for "1 second", not harmonized over the whole Cool-Down time...

This looks to be the major contributor to the discrepancy. I was assuming it averaged the increase in dps over the entire cooldown and not just for the time it was active. When I ran a new test taking it out of the equation, the numbers were much closer, although with the sheet still overestimating. But this can be more easily explained by human error in timing my run or using my skills. Or just by Sweeping Winds Cyclones not performing at 100% damage.

I'll do some more runs taking anything variable out of the equation (like cyclones or my spirit spender).
    Reply Quote
    100 Worgen Mage
    When I put in a number higher than 3 for Attack Speed % the sheet is showing me a lower attack speed for that weapon than without the attack speed. I've tried putting in as much as 500% for the Attack Speed % and it still gives me a lower attack speed than without the % increase. It isn't until ~600% that it breaks even and starts to give positive returns. This is with a 1.4 speed weapon if that matters.
    Reply Quote
    05/07/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Jeanlpicard
    When I put in a number higher than 3 for Attack Speed % the sheet is showing me a lower attack speed for that weapon than without the attack speed.
    That´s funny, caused by some formulas that "round" the values. But you did 1 thing wrong, when just adding IAS on the weapon, without changing the ApS itself.

When you increase the attack speed on your weapon, the 1.4 will no longer be "valid", because it will also be higher (as IAS of the weapon is calculated within the 1.4% already). Means:

1.4 ApS of the weapon, you put in 1% IAS on the weapon, the attack speed is 1.4 * 1,01 = 1.414

At 2% it is 1.428
    3% = 1.442
    5% = 1,47

Then it is calculating in the right way. This is caused by the calculation from final values from the weapon to the basic values and then back in order to calculate DPS properly. I only have the description made in German, but Vrkhyz explained this in english...

—[ (Almost) Everything You Should Know about DPS ]—
    ○ by Vrkhyz
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004456313
    This is a complete guide on how DPS is calculated in Diablo III. You can determine exactly why your character hits for the damage he does given the stats that he has. This is a great source of information for the more mechanics-oriented monks.

I will try to find a "workarround" in one of the next version, but if the values are correct (like described above) the sheet also works properly.

Greetings from Overseas
    Carfesch
    Reply Quote
    I get "error cannot parse text" in the eDPS field. Is this a known issue ? If not, thoughts ?
    Reply Quote
    Hi guys,

First of all, a big thanks you to Carfesch. Awsome work and I love it.
    Do you plan on a update for 2.0.5 patch ? :)

Thanks !
    Reply Quote
    Loving your sheet!

What happened with Odyn Son checkbox in the sheet in version 2.0.5.1?
    Reply Quote
    Carfesch,

I just want to say that you did an awesome job with this spreadsheet and the way it calculates damage. I have one question that I can not seem to see answered in this thread, and, I also have on bug/??? about sweeping winds.

Question first: For the four primary generators, are we to put in the values as we see on the tooltips or what?

Sweeping Winds. I am a physical monk, so I do not use the Cyclone rune, therefor, I use Bladestorm. Your sheet only accounts for a lightning version of SW, never physical. Can you add that possibility to your next version, please? I am really curious how effect SW:Bladestorm is against my other skills I use. :) :)

Thanks
    Reply Quote
    deleted
    Edited by NitrUs#1750 on 5/24/2014 2:38 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    what is the proper number to put in for min and max dmg?
    Reply Quote
    Hello,

sorry. I am really not checking the forum every day ;o)

05/24/2014 08:42 AMPosted by Shaeltal
    What happened with Odyn Son checkbox
    as nobody really knows at the moment, how it is calculated exactly and therefore I cannot create a formula for it, I just deactivate it at the moment. I do no have an Odyn Son, so I can also not do test by myself :o(

05/24/2014 10:11 AMPosted by Relvinian
    Your sheet only accounts for a lightning version of SW, never physical. Can you add that possibility to your next version, please?
    You only have to choose "Bladestorm". The primary does not have any effect on this kind of wind (only for the cyclones ones). I upload a new version and already choose Bladestorms and activate it. So you can see the numbers after you fill in your values ;o)

05/24/2014 02:37 PMPosted by NitrUs
    what is the proper number to put in for min and max dmg?
    new version uploaded. I just renamed it to: Damage (from) and Damage (to).

For your Odyn Son it is 1366 and 1839 (these are just the 2 values you will find below your weapon DPS).

Greetings and wish you all a relaxed Sunday
    Carfesch

Link to version 2.0.5.1.1:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByKfowrcaiKLLXFPSGNyY3BqMm8/edit?usp=sharing
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]