Diablo® III

Question about Bloodshards

When you use then to purchase a mystery item is it possible to get a class set item from them? Or only non-set legendaries?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's possible to get a wide variety of Legendary items from giving your Bloodshards to Kadala, but class set items are not one of them. Those items have a chance to drop while in Torment, but even in that difficulty Kadala's inventory doesn't change.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Grimiku
It's possible to get a wide variety of Legendary items from giving your Bloodshards to Kadala, but class set items are not one of them. Those items have a chance to drop while in Torment, but even in that difficulty Kadala's inventory doesn't change.

I bought like 20 torso from her at the same time, all were very similar to each other, this has been happening a lot.

Are we going to see future development with Bloodsshards?
Edited by HawksKing#1474 on 3/25/2014 5:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's probably a Gamble mechanics like D2 Gheed and stuff. I bet the chance of getting a legendary is really low but then again, it's a free dip so might as well use it and if you get lucky awesome, if not, salvage.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Sorry but i just got a fist weapon from her im my first buy
not trolling i just got it
Reply Quote
the only question i care about... is thunderfury in her item pool?
Reply Quote
Are all legendaries possible to get except set pieces?

Would be nice to know.

Let's say I want a Mask of Jorem (Pets dmg buff) more than anything else. If it's not in the Kadala item pool, I'm going to be wasting my time and shards rolling helms.
Reply Quote
To help people, I rolled two legendary chests using shards thus far. One was blackthornes. So while as the blizz poster says it seems we can't get class sets, it is possible to get some set items.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 06:39 PMPosted by WhatsUpChuck
Are all legendaries possible to get except set pieces?

Would be nice to know.

Let's say I want a Mask of Jorem (Pets dmg buff) more than anything else. If it's not in the Kadala item pool, I'm going to be wasting my time and shards rolling helms.

I would also like to know this. Would be great to know what counts and what doesn't.

Edit: Leg I care about is Kridershot.
Edited by Ghostofdelta#1240 on 3/25/2014 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to know what the drop rate of the blood shards are? I just got to to Pandemonium on my main and I have yet to get one blood shards.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
03/25/2014 10:13 PMPosted by Bloodysoul27
I would like to know what the drop rate of the blood shards are? I just got to to Pandemonium on my main and I have yet to get one blood shards.

They seem to only drop in adventure mode, as that's the only place to access that merchant.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 10:13 PMPosted by Bloodysoul27

Blood shards are rewarded for successful bounties in adventure mode. They also drop from the horadric chest, that Tyrael hands out after completing all bounties in one Act. Finally they drop from the dungeon boss in a Nephalem rift. The higher the difficulty level you play, the more blood shards you get.

All of the above requires you to play in adventure mode.
Reply Quote
The higher the chance of legendaries from Kadala, the lower the drops will be in the game world. I'd take a lower chance on Kadala anyday of the week.
Reply Quote
ok thanks
Reply Quote

That's not how it should be.

Gambling should be a way to target the items you want, since there is no other way with BoA to specifically look for one item.

Especially when some set items are required to make your built work, it should not be the case that you solely depend on RNG to get those.
Reply Quote
The little tutorial tip when you first open Kadala explicitly says you *can* get Set items.

Either the game UI is lying or the CM is wrong.
Reply Quote
I'm going to assume the CM meant "Torment-only set item" when he said set item.

But we'll see.
Reply Quote

Is there a difference between a class set item and other set items? Is there a list of items that can only be obtained by LVL 70 Torment-1 or higher? (I would like that list sticky'd) Or could it be put on the game guide which items require Lvl 70 Torment via some kind of icon on the item's game guide page?

That way we aren't trying to farm for items on a difficulty that we can't find them on or gamble on.
Reply Quote

I've just seen this.

I created this post: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12249795243

Anyway... class specific class items cannot "drop" from Kadala but:

03/26/2014 01:41 PMPosted by Edriel
So this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-slanderer

and this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/little-rogue

can be obtained with blood shards too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]