Diablo® III

Blood shards and greater horadric caches?

I missed the memo. Were Greater Horadric Caches removed from Beta?

Also, is there anything else to use Blood Shards on other than Kadala?
Reply Quote
1) Apparently they were, and now the Rift boss just drops whatever loot they would've contained.

2) Nope. You used to be able to buy a loot bag but they removed that as well so all you can buy is the mystery item gambles.
Reply Quote
I got a horadric cache from Tyrael each time I finished all bounties in one Act.

Blood shards can only be used for gambling afaik.
Reply Quote
Horadric Caches are part of bounties.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 08:50 PMPosted by Shiimiish
I got a horadric cache from Tyrael each time I finished all bounties in one Act.

Blood shards can only be used for gambling afaik.

*Greater* There were big and small loot bags in the beta
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/25/2014 08:49 PMPosted by Masty
1) Apparently they were, and now the Rift boss just drops whatever loot they would've contained.

This is correct! We felt it was more appropriate to have the Rift bosses explode with loot, rather than just open up a bag in town. The reward simply moved places.

03/25/2014 08:46 PMPosted by Abrasive

Currently, there is not. It's always possible we explore other avenues of Blood Shard use at a later date. We'll see what the future holds!
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 08:53 PMPosted by Nevalistis

This is correct! We felt it was more appropriate to have the Rift bosses explode with loot, rather than just open up a bag in town. The reward simply moved places.

Currently, there is not. It's always possible we explore other avenues of Blood Shard use at a later date. We'll see what the future holds!

Is there a limit on Blood Shards?
Reply Quote

please for the love of god have blood shards used to buy set pieces or something.....

the single thing i want in this game right now is my final two pieces of tal rasha so i can use that 4 piece set bonus

however thanks to RNG and even more additions of set pieces, it could take me literally months to get those final two pieces if RNG REALLY REALLY hates me

i'm all for uniques being on the RNG draw because there are multiple pieces for each spot that can get me by while i look for that one special unique

however, the set piece is the ONLY thing that will help me get to the 4 piece

or have tal rasha able to be bought, while having the new Firebird set be put in Torment only drops.....and then when you introduce another Wizard only set, bring Firebird in to be bought with the new on Torment only drops

this way, people who got the random drops while as a torment only drop get to be badass for a while, and then others will eventually get to be badass if RNG hated their guts
Reply Quote
Just spent 150 shards hoping for a decent 1h, all salvaged :\ would love a way to invest these shards in something other than a gamble with 0% chance in a set item. Maybe being able to buy things that increase chance in certain item drops or can be used to cover cost of mystic rolls or a guardanteed legendary for say 500/750/1000 shards (last one with chance of set). Some variety is all I'm after I think.
Reply Quote
Posted by Abrasive

If I can make a suggestion then I would say make it possible to purchase gems with blood shards, especially now that crafts and enchants actually require quite high gems as mats even with marquise dropping it takes a long time just to get 1 of the mats. I'll leave the cost/type of gem if it does get implemented up to you.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 01:27 AMPosted by xchocobox
If I can make a suggestion then I would say make it possible to purchase gems with blood shards, especially now that crafts and enchants actually require quite high gems as mats even with marquise dropping it takes a long time just to get 1 of the mats. I'll leave the cost/type of gem if it does get implemented up to you.

I actually seriously agree with this idea or the "set piece" idea.
Having the ability to buy those high level gems would end up saving us that 10mil per gem nonsense. Not saying it isnt doable, but thats a high cost for 1 gem that requires what... 81 marquise to start?+1
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 01:32 AMPosted by Ares
03/26/2014 01:27 AMPosted by xchocobox

Having the ability to buy those high level gems would end up saving us that 10mil per gem nonsense. Not saying it isnt doable, but thats a high cost for 1 gem that requires what... 81 marquise to start?+1

Stop crying nerf. Gold is easy to get,and Marquise gems drop all over the place.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 01:38 AMPosted by AntiFaith
03/26/2014 01:32 AMPosted by Ares

Stop crying nerf. Gold is easy to get,and Marquise gems drop all over the place.

ya because marq gems are good. ? lol
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 09:00 PMPosted by KAMBO

Is there a limit on Blood Shards?

yes 500.
Reply Quote
If you want an easy way to get gear then might as well to make it pay to win. Soon as trading becomes available so will the third party buy gear with cash sites. This way you keep what you kill!!!!!
The shards are just an added way to get some extra gear. If you could get a end game set 100% with the shards then the fun would be gone in a day or they would have to daily cap the shards. No thanks
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 03:07 AMPosted by Brickadin
If you want an easy way to get gear then might as well to make it pay to win. Soon as trading becomes available so will the third party buy gear with cash sites. This way you keep what you kill!!!!!
The shards are just an added way to get some extra gear. If you could get a end game set 100% with the shards then the fun would be gone in a day or they would have to daily cap the shards. No thanks

The simplest problem here is they kept the old loot system (a legendary an hour, give/take) with the new system which literally allows for zero player interaction within those legendary items. If your whole goal is to complete the Tal's set, then you have to sit there and HOPE to see the drop, HOPE it rolls Tal's, and HOPE that it's a piece that you didn't already have. This is a problem. They made money unable to be traded, that fixed the need to worry about gold inflating the market or being the buying/selling point, not the gear. But then they make everything bind as soon as it touches the floor, that's just stupid. If you're going to remove player trading, then player drops need to be extremely available. You need to be able to acquire gear, and if they aren't giving it out then no one is.

Already over the last two days I've run into at least twenty circumstances where I wished I could give something to a friend who was IN THE GAME AS THE THING DROPPED. Be it the hallowed set as I'm wearing a ridiculous slorak's that's not getting replaced anytime soon, or things as simple as the legendary crafting mats which drop what, once every fifty kills when they have the recipe and I don't. It's all pointlessly stupid. Making us hold onto worthless whites just because some recipe calls for it, making us farm up endless legendary crafting mats, seriously, there's more legendary crafting mats than there are legendary items in just about every category. How ridiculous is this?
Reply Quote
So once you do all 5 act bounties and kill the rift boss, he drops the loot equivlant to a greater horadrim cashe.

What if you open a second rift after? Does the rift boss drop as if you had not done all 5 acts bounties?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
03/26/2014 03:57 AMPosted by BulKathos
So once you do all 5 act bounties and kill the rift boss, he drops the loot equivlant to a greater horadrim cashe.

What if you open a second rift after? Does the rift boss drop as if you had not done all 5 acts bounties?

^ good question
Reply Quote

LOL..if you believe this, I've got some beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you. How do we know exactly what was going to come out of those cache's? We don't. My guess is this is another set of footprints in the sand. What a bunch of crap. It even says they are in the game in the strategy guide. Get with it Blizzard.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]