Diablo® III

Crashing.

I hope we get another response soon. I have the week off of work and can't play this game like I wanted to.
Reply Quote
Experiencing the same crash. GTX 570, 335.23 driver-- also, problem persisted when I rolled back to the 334.89 driver. It has never happened in D3 before RoS and I can play other games without any issues. Temps are fine-- 32C at idle, 60C while playing D3.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
i have an Nvidia 560ti too, today i installed 335.23
and now my pc restarts everytime i start D3

the main problem is the Nvidia driver
Reply Quote
AArrgggghhhhh!!!!! Dammit!!!! Buying ROS and can't play nicely.... Never have a changes to finish the adventure mode as well as completed the Act V properly.... Need randomly to join others ppl. game to complete 1 mission, then out of the blue it crash!

Blizzard!!! Please fix the game! Or else refund!
Reply Quote
Same issue, dual GTX570's. Either nvidia driver resets or flat out blue screens, just started recently too.

It's not a card or hardware issue, I have D3 at the minimum settings (everything off or low, 30 max fps). I'm currently in WoW on max settings, and play most other games (DayZ, Titanfall, etc) at max or close settings with zero issues.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 09:40 AMPosted by AimBot
I found a solution.

Control Panel
System and Security
Windows Firewall
Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall (on the left)
Now check all the Battle.net and Blizzard programs

It worked for me... good luck!

Anybody else tried this?
Reply Quote
Having the same issue here, although I'm crashing in all acts, with act V crashing significantly more often. Played vanilla D3 without any issues whatsoever.

Would be nice if Blizz could atleast acknowledge that this is an issue with their software.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Radeon HD 7950. I don't even have the expansion and I'm still having crashes. They just happen at random, could be when I boot the game up, could be after 2 hours of playing. I also had it happen while I was playing WoW. Might be a hardware issue for me then, which I'm hoping it's not. :(
Edited by Eightyproof#1356 on 4/4/2014 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Do you get BSOD? and the friggin buzzzz sound?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
No, monitor loses signal and my computer just restarts. Sent in a ticket and even told them in the ticket that I updated my drivers. I finally get an answer and all the answer is, is that I should update my drivers...
Reply Quote
I have this on act V in the graveyard. every time i click to progress after killing the packs around the 2nd objective (cant remember what its called) my pc shuts down......not a hard shut down its like i went start shut down.....same place every time. wtff blizzard?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
04/04/2014 12:31 PMPosted by Rivak
No, monitor loses signal and my computer just restarts. Sent in a ticket and even told them in the ticket that I updated my drivers. I finally get an answer and all the answer is, is that I should update my drivers...

Re-open your ticket and let them know that you already have and tell them what version you are on. I suspect they might be forced to go through some of the same basic steps as part of a checklist :(
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 07:46 AMPosted by WhiteZombie
04/03/2014 09:40 AMPosted by AimBot
I found a solution.

Control Panel
System and Security
Windows Firewall
Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall (on the left)
Now check all the Battle.net and Blizzard programs

It worked for me... good luck!

Anybody else tried this?

I have, I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing. So far only in act V, when I try to go to the area where Tyrael is, my screen freezes, and I get the sound. The image never changes, nor does the computer reboot itself. I even left it there all night to see if it was something else. Still there in the morning. The only way to do anything is reboot. I have run memory checks, and defrag the hard drive the game is on, as well as the boot SSD. I monitored the CPU performance , temp, memory, etc on my 2nd monitor, and when ROS freezes, the whole comp freezes as far as I can tell.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 07:44 AMPosted by Sparks
04/04/2014 07:46 AMPosted by WhiteZombie

Anybody else tried this?

I have, I have also tried uninstalling and re-installing. So far only in act V, when I try to go to the area where Tyrael is, my screen freezes, and I get the sound. The image never changes, nor does the computer reboot itself. I even left it there all night to see if it was something else. Still there in the morning. The only way to do anything is reboot. I have run memory checks, and defrag the hard drive the game is on, as well as the boot SSD. I monitored the CPU performance , temp, memory, etc on my 2nd monitor, and when ROS freezes, the whole comp freezes as far as I can tell.

There seems to be a ton of people sharing the issue or something similar with us. I really hope that Blizz is working on a hotifx patch or something. It's a huge bummer I can't even play the new game I spent $40 on.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
This was the 2nd response to my ticket that I put in earlier. Try both of those options in the links, they seem to have worked for me. I played for a good few hours without any issues so far.

I understand you're having an issue with your computer crashing randomly. I have seen this before and I have steps here that will help you through this. These have helped others with similar issues to yours, and I’m confident they will help you as well. They're fairly quick and easy to perform, please do forgive the links.

There can be a lot of background programs that can interfere with our games and products. In order to ensure that nothing is interfering please follow these instructions: http://us.battle.net/support/article/200483 We can reverse these once we’ve resolved the issue, and use this to determine the program causing the issue.

Having your computer components overheat can be just as bad as your car overheating, sometimes even worse. I'd like to go ahead and have you check to make sure your computer is running under optimal temperatures by following these instructions: http://us.battle.net/support/article/8900092 If you're running above the recommended temperatures then you will want to add cooling to the computer to prevent further damage to the parts.
Edited by Eightyproof#1356 on 4/5/2014 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Having the same issue here - however, I think I locked this down to being an issue with the new battle.net launcher and not the game itself. I loaded the launcher earlier and left it running in the background (did not launch Diablo 3) and got the same BSOD issue after about 20 minutes. I am not having any issues or crashes with any of my other programs/games.

My specs:
Intel core i7-3930 @3.2GHz
GeForce GTX 590
16 GB RAM
Win 7 Pro

I hope there is a fix soon - I am getting nervous of trying to run this with the consistent crashing/
Reply Quote
did this, still not working.
Reply Quote
Same problem here except I experience it in ALL Blizzard games and NO other games.

Acts 3 and 5 sometimes crash my graphics drivers and rarely freeze my computer. It's annoying and has made me indefinitely quit playing hardcore mode.

Hearthstone does this too. I've lost a few games thanks to it crashing my computer.

Had the same problem with WoW but it was so frequent the game was practically unplayable. Fixed it by forcing it to run in OpenGL mode.

I'm assuming there is some sort of incompatibility with DirectX, Blizzard, and my graphics drivers. I don't know what. I do not know how to run Diablo 3 and Hearthstone in OpenGL but I assume that may fix them too? Not exactly the ideal solution though.

Any help?
Reply Quote
It's been pretty bad these past days. Getting 2-3 BSOD a day while playing Diablo 3. I got D3 before RoS was launched and I got all the way up to 60 without any issues at all, then when RoS was released it's gotten worse and worse.

My problem is basically what everyone else is saying, playing from anywhere in between 30mins to 2 hours, game stalls, huge buzz and BSOD. Every time with a different error.

I've tried running the game in "Run as Administrator" mode but that didn't help at all.
Edited by lando786#1648 on 4/6/2014 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey I've been running into the same issue for a while now. It started outside of RoS, but it got worse when I downloaded the game. So the problem that occurs is once I reach the hero selection screen, the screen will turn black and a single continuous beeping noise will occur until I shutdown the system. I've been doing some research over the past couple of days and think I've pinpointed the issue. I believe that the graphics card is timing out, for some reason, and the system does something called a Timeout Detection and Recovery. This pretty much (from my understanding) is a way for the graphics card to recover if it fails. If there is no possible way for the graphics card to recover, the system shuts down to prevent further damage. I haven't found a solution to the problem, but I have tried updating my graphics driver, monitoring the GPU and CPU temperatures, changing the voltage of the system, and a system restore. The one that worked the best for the most part was the system restore, but the game still crashes spontaneously throughout play. I haven't tried this but I might reseat my graphics card and see if that does anything. If all else fails I'll purchase a new card and see if that fixes the problem. Hope this helps!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]