Diablo® III

Crashing.

giving this a slight bump to overcome all of the "hero list recovery" copy threads
Reply Quote
Still occurring. Game has crashed on me 4 times today all after varying intervals of play time.
Reply Quote
I have never had a problem with this until today. Exact same thing happens to me now. Screen goes black, forced to reboot, or reboots for me.

Tried latest beta driver, rolled back, rolled back 2 times, nothing.

Do they even read these threads anymore? This seems like a ghost town.
Reply Quote
It may be helpful for us to post where we are experiencing the crashes. For me, it's

-Westmarch Commons
-Westmarch heights
Reply Quote
Mine is any Rift, all random. In Town, random. Im fine in the menu's before going into a game. And I am fine in every other game I play.
Reply Quote
Getting the exact same issue but have an AMD graphics card not Geforce and I'm on a desktop comp not a laptop.

But seriously, their fixes are RIDICULOUS, getting individuals to spend 3-5 hours of personal reconfigurations to their own computers, asking them to install third party software (in some cases), just to make their game work instead of programming their game properly. The !@#$ is this.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same problem... AMD Radeon HD 5850. D3 always worked perfectly for me on my rig, although i haven't played it in a long time. I bought RoS the other day as the new update 2.04 came out. I haven't been able to play it due to massive crashes. When I load it up my screen starts flickering & glitching when I change through the menus then will flick to black and stall my computer. I managed to get into a game twice but it did not last longer than 3 minutes. I have had no troubles with other games and I haven't experienced crashes like this before. I have completely re-installed RoS, checked all my drivers etc and still the exact same problem. I'm sure everyone in this thread is having the same problem...WE NEED A FIX!!
Reply Quote
I am seriously tired of all these stupid drops, i was literally 30 seconds from finishing a set of bounties on expert, me being a new player it takes a while. Tired of giving my time to your game JUST to lose my progress because of some connection issue they are having on their end. Quitting until its fixed.
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 12:25 AMPosted by Jeebz
I am seriously tired of all these stupid drops, i was literally 30 seconds from finishing a set of bounties on expert, me being a new player it takes a while. Tired of giving my time to your game JUST to lose my progress because of some connection issue they are having on their end. Quitting until its fixed.

that is frustrating, and the DC issue is well known. However, this thread is about the game itself crashing.
Reply Quote
same problem as well. Running on GTX 675M, has no problem before RoC.
Reply Quote
bump//
Reply Quote
I'm using a GT335M on a four year old Alienware laptop, but it's been able to run most higher end games just fine without crashing.

I was able to play just fine for my first few sessions, which were each a few hours long, then it started crashing in the sewer part of Act II. I thought it might be stressing the system due to the water effects, so I turned down my settings to minimum. It helped at first, but as I've progressed, it's been getting worse. It takes less than 5 minutes now for it to crash, sometimes seconds after I enter the area (I'm in Act IV now).
Reply Quote
Would be interesting to know from people who have posted on this thread: If and when your Diablo crashes and you need to restart your computer, do you experience similar crashing with other games as well after restart? Also people with crashing problems, are any of you running Diablo 3 with an external monitor?
Edited by AtomicSpore#2273 on 4/12/2014 2:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Would be interesting to know from people who have posted on this thread: If and when your Diablo crashes and you need to restart your computer, do you experience similar crashing with other games as well after restart? Also people with crashing problems, are any of you running Diablo 3 with an external monitor?

No other games cause crashing on this computer. I've actually never crashed on any other application besides bizarre one-time events. I tried running it with an external attached and on the main screen and both crash. There is no difference for me.
Reply Quote
I dont know if they patched it, but this worked for me: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6210-nvidia-nvlddmkm-sys-error-message
havent found any problems so far......

Or that is what i thought, i played half a day without any trouble. Next day, played for 10 min and then Blue Screen "nvlddmkm.sys". Restarted my PC... and got stuck on "starting windows" for 3 hours!!!

Im done with this. not playing anything blizzard related till fix.

PS. Now Im glad that i didnt have the money to buy ros at launch
Edited by Tez#1878 on 4/14/2014 11:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
ytd rolled down to old drivers, worked.

today run game again, start freezing worse than frozen.

gonna try installing latest stable release.

Definitely happened after patch.
Reply Quote
It's been happening to me since ROS. never had a problem with classic d3
Reply Quote
I have finally been able to make the program stop crashing (2 days no crashing so far. It was the SystemSurvey.exe in the battle.net launcher mentioned in this message:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11883958529

I deleted the file and now I can play normally. The weird thing is that I am not running WinXP - I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. The error I got on the blue screen was DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

I can confirm the issue in my case was the battle.net launcher and not D3 itself. If I just opened the launcher and closed it (without launching D3) my computer would still crash without fail every time - usually within 20 minutes. If I launched the Systemsurvey.exe file I could not close it with system manager. It seems this file is the culprit.

Hope this helps a few folks.
Reply Quote
I deleted SystemSurvey.exe a week ago, and still have the problem.

This is definitely a problem with D3: ROS. There were no issues at all before the patch. Since the patch, *ONLY* D3 is having problems with my computer. As frequently as my computer locks up in D3, if there was a problem with hardware it is IMPOSSIBLE that it would not have already occurred outside D3 too. But I've gone days playing other games than D3 without a single lockup at all. I jump on D3, and anywhere from 10 minutes to 6 hours later (typically closer to the 10 minute mark), there's a crash.

Frankly, this seems to be indicating there's some kind of memory leak or something similar going on with ROS.

I have checked temps, I have killed all processes on my computer other than system-critical processes, I have changed all the graphics settings, I have logged out of chat in case there was something causing the issue there--nothing I have done has made a bit of difference, and it is still ONLY D3 causing the crashes.

This is so frustrating because ROS finally made D3 fun again.
Reply Quote
i really have same issues its my monitor goes black when play ACT V map for other ACT its no problem,i really sure this problem maybe about patch cause on early ROS patch my DH character can play ACT V and clear it without any problem but after early patch 3-5 day its got this problem ,so anyone who fix it done ?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]