Diablo® III

RoS CE- Mouse pad damaged

Coming home stoked to play but to my surprise after opening my Collector's Edition, I see the mouse pad is damaged.

Long story short: I'm awaiting Best Buy's call back and I also talked to Blizzard. The nice Blizz rep. suggested I come here. Also, he said I was the 2nd-3rd incident already and he'd only been working for an hour.

Anyone else have this problem? This is kinda ridiculous and I'm not happy. 8(

I just wanna play 8\
Reply Quote
Show us a pic of condition it was received ?
Reply Quote
picture of "damage"?

cloth mouse pads are so bad anyway.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 03:17 PMPosted by LeetTard
I just wanna play 8\

Damaged mouse pad should not be preventing this o.O
Hope best buy can help you out with it thoughh
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 03:19 PMPosted by Fearpoint
picture of "damage"?

cloth mouse pads are so bad anyway.

Bad or not, I shouldn't pay for a damaged product.

03/25/2014 03:19 PMPosted by TheWizard
03/25/2014 03:17 PMPosted by LeetTard
I just wanna play 8\

Damaged mouse pad should not be preventing this o.O
Hope best buy can help you out with it thoughh

Well, I haven't opened the game just in case of return/exchange policies. Best Buy said they'll look for another CE from another store or something and call me back.

I'm trying to post a picture but can't figure quite it out 8\
Edited by LeetTard#1337 on 3/25/2014 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I had the same problem with a CE from Amazon.

http://i.imgur.com/8oLioeD.jpg
Reply Quote
Add me to the list, TWICE!

Ordered 2x RoS CE from Amazon, both had non-usable damaged bent up mouse pads. The mouse pads were both damaged on the "left" side. I created a ticket to support requesting replacements. Not sure what else to do but good luck Nephalem!
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Same thing here with the damaged mousepad from Gamestop. As of this moment I'm not even going to touch the shrinkwrap on the game disk until I hear further.

I just hope this is resolved before the pre-order bonuses expire.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
They were able to resolve it rather quickly through blizzard support chat and I will be getting a replacement pad through the mail. When you do submit a ticket over this issue, make sure that you have a picture or two on hand of the damaged pad and attach it to the ticket to streamline the process.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 09:34 PMPosted by Visyian
I just hope this is resolved before the pre-order bonuses expire

They don't go away, you can get wings of liberty collectors edition today and still get the special items
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 07:56 PMPosted by MrBeNNy
Add me to the list, TWICE!

Ordered 2x RoS CE from Amazon, both had non-usable damaged bent up mouse pads. The mouse pads were both damaged on the "left" side. I created a ticket to support requesting replacements. Not sure what else to do but good luck Nephalem!

Ouch! That sucks!

03/25/2014 10:29 PMPosted by Visyian
They were able to resolve it rather quickly through blizzard support chat and I will be getting a replacement pad through the mail. When you do submit a ticket over this issue, make sure that you have a picture or two on hand of the damaged pad and attach it to the ticket to streamline the process.

Really? I was told they couldn't send me one. I wonder if it'll be different if Best Buy calls them. Nonetheless, maybe I should link this thread to my support ticket.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I don't have an Imgur acct. But my top left corner was bent and peeling.
Edited by LeetTard#1337 on 3/26/2014 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I referenced this thread as follow up on my ticket. Customer service seemed to acknowledge there is a potential issue but offered no resolution other than to hang in there. I assume someone higher up is looking into this.

My shipping box was delivered in excellent condition. Inside, both CE boxes were also in excellent shape with the typical minor wear on some of the corners and the shrink wrap was perfect. There is no proof of Amazon, carrier/shipper, etc. damage.

I'm pleased with everything except for these defective mouse pads.
Reply Quote
/Bump
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Sorry to hear you had damaged items in your physical copy of Reaper of Souls. We definitely recommend contacting our Customer Support department if your Collector's Edition was delivered to you with damaged items, and you can contact them by logging into Battle.net and submitting a ticket: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/
Edited by Lylirra on 3/28/2014 1:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Looks like heat damage. The plastic cover is warped and the glue holding it came lose.

Honestly I wouldn't even care. I buy gaming pads because they perform better.

Still this sucks but can happen, especially since these items sit in trucks with probably no A/C. If they had to pass through AZ/NV or NM they could have hit some of the high temps and caused it.
Reply Quote
I submitted a ticket for mine and this was the response I got.

" Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment. Hope you're having a great day.

I'm sorry to hear about the mouse pad on your Collector's Edition of Reaper of Souls. I'm afraid that in order to address this issue you will need to get in touch with the retailer that sold you the product. Customer Service is not able to replace the damaged product as we no longer carry physical copies of our games.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please visit https://battle.net/support/ticket/submit to submit a ticket. Thanks again for contacting us."

Looks like I'm SOL... :(
Reply Quote
Looks like customers will be given the treatment of the run around. Retailer will say call blizzard for replacement and blizzard will say contact your retailer.

My mousepad messed up too. I paid good money for CE. One side was all crumbled up. I think the packager wasn't paying attention and just forced it in. The top layer is coming off, probably from using cheap glue. I really don't know what to do.
Edited by Ketchup#1231 on 3/28/2014 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard, do the following:
1. Order new mousepads.
2. Notify anyone that has a damaged mousepad to contact you and request a replacement.
3. Those that request the replacments, send them an RMA envelope to return the damaged unit.
4. Once you receive the damaged mousepad, send the customer a shiny new mouse pad.
5. Send all the damaged mousepads back to the manufacturer/co-packer and request credit on the damaged product plus shipping costs incurred during the RMA process.
6. Happy customers, no money spent to correct the issue by customer or Blizzard. It was the manufacturers/co-packers process error so they need to pay for the correction.

Done.
Edited by Slippy#1688 on 3/28/2014 3:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Totally different experience from customer support than those few posting bad service here. Mine couldn't have been easier, which also leads me to think one of two things are going on here: either Blizzard employees have not gotten the message that mouse pads in the CE are bad and are being quickly replaced or people are not telling the truth here. If you have been told they can not do anything, point this thread out in your reply. Be prepared to show them the damaged goods. Its only fair.

I opened a ticket, told my story. I had a reply in 20 minutes asking for two things, a picture and an address. Provided both and received another reply 20 minutes after that. Mouse pad is on its way shortly. Tracking number to follow.

Great customer service, from two different reps. For a cheap mouse pad.

Now, if you want to talk about damaged CE's that never get replaced, lets talk about my CE Batman: Arkham City ps3 edition that has messed up paint on the figurine. Got the run around from WB Games (provided all the pictures, receipts, etc they requested) for 6 months before they stopped replying all together. Classy.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 10:33 PMPosted by NotOpISwear
03/25/2014 09:34 PMPosted by Visyian
I just hope this is resolved before the pre-order bonuses expire

They don't go away, you can get wings of liberty collectors edition today and still get the special items

However, in this particular case, yes, they can expire if not redeemed before March 31st.

The original CE and the Starcraft Liberty wings were included as part of those items. The wings for ROS were ONLY available to pre-orders both digital and physical, as long as they are redeemed by March 31st. Big difference.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]