Diablo® III

Rift crashes on my Mac

try to reinstall d3 i have try it and it worked
I played about ten rifts today without having any stuttering or crashes. It was glorious.
Transition screen froze for me, Had to force quit. Lost keys.

Master Mode
Map was xxxx illusion 1

thanks.
This happens to me quite often, especially when clicking on a party members banner.

It goes to the load screen (with the red diamonds) and just freezes, no crash notice. I have to force quit the game.
Originally I was in fullscreen mode, which when happend I had to force restart my computer. I've nice since moved to window mode JUST so I don't have to shut down my computer to get around this issue.
This is starting to get old and Blizz has done nothing about it since RoS launched.

Rifts on mac seem to have like a 60/40 chance of working...

- 100% drop chance increase in rifts with the new hotfix - yay!

- farm rift key fragments

- click obelisk, portal spawns to rift

- click rift portal, loading screen

- loading screen freeze

- 10 seconds pass...20....30...60...fuuuuuuuuuu*****

- have to force quit

- 5 more rift key fragments gone for nothing

- repeat process

2.0.4...no help

Get on this - the best/most efficient part of the xpac and it doesn't work half the time

This is more important than literally any other fix that needs to be made right now - without it, your game literally may or may not work at random...
I'm going to try a reinstall to see if it eliminates my disconnect issues when entering Nephalem Rifts.
04/01/2014 11:34 AMPosted by S4d1k
This is not a solution but while waiting for the patch, here what I would do.

Before entering the rift, while you are in town, restart the game.
While playing do not switch between window and fullscreen or change your graphic settings. (Do your changes before restarting D3)
Play with a resolution of 1920x1200 or lower.

This does not work.

Rift loading screens freeze leaving you with no option but to force-quit and lose fragments half the time regardless.

Happens during a fresh game, newly launched, on a brand new iMac.

16GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M

Core i5

Doesn't matter if I restart the computer completely, relaunch the game, lower the graphics settings - you guys really need to actually fix this.

Buffing legendary drops in rifts doesn't mean anything when the game is so glitchy that you have to spend 2x as long farming rift key fragments since you'll only actually get to use them 50% of the time...

Really, really annoyed this hasn't been fixed in 2.0.4 when it's easily the biggest performance problem since launch...
04/10/2014 08:08 AMPosted by EliCash
This is starting to get old and Blizz has done nothing about it since RoS launched.

Rifts on mac seem to have like a 60/40 chance of working...

- 100% drop chance increase in rifts with the new hotfix - yay!

- farm rift key fragments

- click obelisk, portal spawns to rift

- click rift portal, loading screen

- loading screen freeze

- 10 seconds pass...20....30...60...fuuuuuuuuuu*****

- have to force quit

- 5 more rift key fragments gone for nothing

- repeat process

2.0.4...no help

Get on this - the best/most efficient part of the xpac and it doesn't work half the time

This is more important than literally any other fix that needs to be made right now - without it, your game literally may or may not work at random...

I'm not getting crashes, but I am getting disconnected 95% of the time. 19 out of 20 attempts. I wish I knew how long it was going to take for these issues to get resolved.
03/28/2014 12:14 PMPosted by S4d1k
Can you guys post your crash ID?

It looks like this: E8B19C2B-F9F4-4766-95FA-1E288803C0CB

Pre-patch 2.04, when the client froze, I didn't get any Blizzard Error windows.
I just had to force quit the Diablo 3 process from the Activity Window because it stopped responding.
This mainly happened during teleporting during Nephalem Rifts.

Today for the first time after patch 2.0.4, I have done a few rifts and I haven't gotten any crashes so far.
But I notice long load times though.
But as long as the client doesn't crash, I'm fine with it.
So far so good for me. I'll post again if it crashes though.

Virtual Memory usage of Diablo 3 is 3.5GB btw.
Real Memory Size is 2.45GB atm.
I am crashing on my mac too when i teleport to town from rifts. zzz. Is there any solution?
I'm hear (back from yesterday) because my game client just crashed when trying to enter a rift.

no error code.
Edited by Eidetic#2307 on 4/10/2014 11:56 PM PDT
My client just crashed. A player in the group opened another rift and went in first,
so I tried to port to the player who was already in the rift by clicking their flag.
Then it froze.

Real Memory Size: 2.44 GB
Virtual Memory Size: 3.50 GB

I had to Force Quit it. Also, it gave no error code.
Edited by Mason#1215 on 4/11/2014 1:23 AM PDT
I don't have any crash ID,
when i click play just come out this

Diablo III quit unexpectedly
Click Reopen to open the application again, Click Report
to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.

1.Ignore 2.Report... 3.Reopen

if i click Reopen then will come out same thing.
click Ignore just close like nothing.
click Report... same after send report like nothing.

This problem when can be fix it?
I rebooted my computer and joined a public adventure mode.
I did the rift, killed the guardian, then it the client froze again when trying to port back to town…

Not sure why this started happening again…
I guess I was lucky when I did get any crashes earlier today.
Now I got two consecutive crashes during rifts.
Every time I open a rift I get disconnected as soon as I zone in. Every time.
Hi.
On my old iMac late 2009, the rifts almost work fine.
"almost" because, there's THE map (looks like the banished zone where is in battlefields of eternity... but only if the sky is black dark. with other skies, it works ) that makes my game freeze/crash if it's the level 1 of the rift. It happens when I go into the rift via the portal or tp on someone inside: I stay stick in the loading screen (until I force quit the game).
I'm not sure (it happens only one time) but I guess the game crashes too if that zone is the last one of a rift and if I try to leave it.

edit: I noticed I managed to go inside that zone by using the wp/tp from the act 5 survivor's Enclave (it was bugged when I tried from New tristram of from act3 Bastion's Keep Stronghold).
Now I always go into rift from act 5.
Edited by Lyonnel#1998 on 4/21/2014 8:53 AM PDT
This actually just started happening to me after patch 2.0.4 (mostly last night and today). It freezes when entering or exiting rifts. During rifts I'm 100% fine able to run on any settings necessary. My computer specs are as followed: Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB, Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64). This is only a mid 2011 imac. Any current information regarding this would be nice. I'm tired of having to force quit my game.

Thank you

Edit: I have tried repairing my files and game, but it didn't seem to fix the problem.
Edited by Shindizzle#1644 on 4/11/2014 12:32 PM PDT
omg Blizzard, what are you doing?

pre 2.0.4 I was only crashing when I TP from inside a rift. So my workaround was to only use the in game portal to exit and that was working fine.

Now....

I've crash when entering a rift, using the in game portal and using town portal.

I don't know if you did anything about this ( shouldn't the game crashing be a number 1 priority over class balances? ) but at least for me, you made the issue worse : \

EDIT: my current workaround is now not using tp or the in game portal but pressing M and teleporting back to town using that method. Haven't crashed..... yet

( Restarting the game between rift runs would probably work too but that's really annoying)
Edited by sirseagill#2594 on 4/13/2014 9:55 AM PDT
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
04/11/2014 08:37 AMPosted by Woog
Every time I open a rift I get disconnected as soon as I zone in. Every time.

Disconnect? not a freeze or crash? but booted to login? Not sure this is same thing at all, and possibly an indication of a connectivity problem instead.
Not sure if this is related but,
I've experienced serious lags during rifts when other people in the group get achievements.

Wondering if people experience this kind of issue.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]