Diablo® III

Rift crashes on my Mac

Having the same issue here. After killing the Rift boss when im trying to TP to town to sell/salvage the game freezes on the loading screen, after that i have to force-quit the game. Right now this is happening 100% of the time.

The strange thing is that is been getting progressively worst. Yesterday it did it perhaps 4 or 5 times. The day before may 2 or 3 times (both time were about 3 to 5 hours game time). Today is every single time. This is unbearable at this point :'(

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Reply Quote
If it's the same crash as mine, then it's always the loading screen of the rift level the same as the Realmwalker's. No crash ID because I always force quit the process before that happens as it just hangs on the progress screen - unless that's another issue.
Reply Quote
same issue
Reply Quote
this could be totally useless but this is what I've been doing recently and it seems to be working (or making the issue less frequent)

start a new game.

complete a bounty (any act).

teleport to a town in another act.

start rift.

The idea here is to load the town map a couple of times outside of rifts so it can get it's act together and hopefully don't crash when you teleport back to town from a rift.
Edited by sirseagill#2594 on 4/28/2014 11:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
New Development. I make it through the load screen, but it crashes when fading in the mapscree (text is half formed).

Mid 2010 MacBook Pro.
Reply Quote
04/27/2014 11:34 AMPosted by fmendez
Having the same issue here. After killing the Rift boss when im trying to TP to town to sell/salvage the game freezes on the loading screen, after that i have to force-quit the game. Right now this is happening 100% of the time.

The strange thing is that is been getting progressively worst. Yesterday it did it perhaps 4 or 5 times. The day before may 2 or 3 times (both time were about 3 to 5 hours game time). Today is every single time. This is unbearable at this point :'(

same here :(
Reply Quote
Same issue here, it completely freezes my computer up.
Reply Quote
04/30/2014 05:09 AMPosted by Lirrh
04/27/2014 11:34 AMPosted by fmendez

same here :(

Ditto.
Not sure when I started having this problem, but its enough that I've taken more breaks than I usually do. I remember having the problem last week, but it got much worse yesterday, the day before, and today its just hell.

I assumed it was a problem that came up with Tuesday maintenance and that it would be fixed with today's emergency maintenance, however, I've tried at least 10 times in the past hour to join a rift and every time I click on a player's banner to teleport into the rift--my game locks up. No error code because it'll just sit on the frozen screen without letting me tab+CMD to minimize and the only way out is to force close with Esc+Option+CMD.

I've taken screenshots of where it freezes and posted them in this imgur album. It shows me loading into the rift but still displays the other player's avatar from when hovering over there banner in town. The other times it freezes is just at the normal diablo loading screen and the red indicator dots on the bottom stop loading.

-->http://imgur.com/a/HcEnz
http://imgur.com/a/HcEnz

late 2011 macbook pro
mavericks 10.9.2
2.4ghz intel i5
16gbs of ram

Playing on minimal graphics settings
Edited by Zetro#1885 on 5/1/2014 5:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just happened to me all day.

BLIZZARD PLEASE FIX THIS.
Reply Quote
So far if you change your texture settings it avoid the crash.
It has worked for me on rifts, but it's annoying!
Reply Quote
This didn't start happening to me until the past week.

I get crash when entering or exiting rifts. I'm on Hardcore, and I'm afraid of in-rift crash, so I'm just going to stop playing HC for a bit – has anyone had this crash while actually playing, resulting in death?

27-inch iMac, Mid 2010
2.93 GHz i7
12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB
OS X 10.9.2
Edited by Zerae#1254 on 5/1/2014 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same here. 30% change to crash when entering rift or porting to town after rift is done.
Reply Quote
Crash all the time. Fix this big problem fast please.
Reply Quote
experiencing freeze ups when entering going back through my TP in a rift. Happening quite frequently since the new update. i would say 2-3 times an hour
Reply Quote
This is a very frustrating issue.

Before the expansion I might have had a hand full of crashes total (i've played since original release).

Since, It happens at least once an hour. It happens when I'm trying teleporting to a battle and it freezes at the loading screen.

Also, my comp has become very sluggish even after i've closed the software.

2010 Macbook Pro OS X 10.9.2
Reply Quote
Happens to me, Only while rifting.
I can normally do 1-2 rifts before I crash. I can tell Im about to crash since the fans start running at hyper speed. I now no longer tp to town at all, let someone else close the rift so I get the XP, then on loading screen it will crash. Its a countdown to crash.

Maybe these details will help:

Diablo3 settings
Running 1920X1200 resolution.
Texture: High
Shadow: Medium
Physics: High
Clutter: Medium
AA off

Mac Details = Retina:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02
SMC Version (system): 2.3f36

Graphics:

Intel HD Graphics 4000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0166
Revision ID: 0x0009
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3688
gMux Version: 3.2.19 [3.2.8]
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 2880 X 1800
Retina: Yes
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort
Reply Quote
same here.... cant rift at all... fix that please
Reply Quote
I too am getting random crashes going in and out of rifts:

Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
L3 Cache: 8 MB

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x8
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0fd5
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3682
gMux Version: 1.9.23

Of course when playing the video switched from the Intel onboard to the discreet NVIDIA.

Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021)

Sometimes I'll get the error code, most of the time the loading screen just sits there and the indicator stops moving and it will lock my whole MacBook Pro up. It's the -only- thing on my system that ever crashes :(
Edited by popnwave#1937 on 5/5/2014 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Somehow fixed the crashes on my Macbook pro 2011. Used to crash 60-70% of the time when doing rift it forward and tping to group, and around 1/4 chance in crashing when I'm the group host and going into next rift zone. Crashes stopped completely doing RiF. All I did was play on windowed mode, as well as force quitting via Activity Monitor all the unnecessary applications taking a ton of RAM when playing D3. Basically quit apps like firefox,chrome,time machine etc.. Also force quit the Battle.net agent (not the application) that is always saying Not Responding. Worked for me, though a bit tedious playing on windowed but its worth not experiencing the stress of restarting the game every 1-3 rifts.

Edit: would also like to say that this decreased loading times from 30-45 seconds to around 10-15. And teleporting to zones via waypoint or going into next rift zones no longer takes ages (now takes around 2-8 seconds).
Edited by iKarlyD#1650 on 5/5/2014 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It has not been a problem until the last few days. Now, I have 50% chance of freezing while TP out or into the rift. This is on a 2013 Mac Pro with 16GB of RAM. Something is not right.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]