Diablo® III

Who else refused to lower difficulty for RoS?

Me and my brother, despite continuing to use almost entirely level 60 gear (mostly pre-2.0 for me) decided to never leave torment for our playthrough of RoS. I'll just say at level 69 its hell getting almost oneshotted by everything and taking at least two minutes and and two deaths to kill every champ pack. :P
Reply Quote
Don't waste that precious gold. You'll need it for crafting!
Reply Quote
Now go leech in public games like all the rest. I for one have zero interest in getting one-shot by white mobs that have zero change of dropping what I want.

Good on you though...I guess
Reply Quote
I started w/ Torment 3 but was getting my butt handed to me so I toned it down to Torment 2, then ended up with Torment 1 which was still a challenge. It was important for me that I found a in-between - not too easy and not too hard of difficulty. Elite champions were still killing me on Torment 1 depending on affixes.
Reply Quote
At lvl 68 I caved in and changed to masters. I didnt die yet, but it took forever to kill elites, and they had my health down so damn fast I had to kite half levels just to kill them.
I applaud you for not caving in :)
Reply Quote
I had to tone it down to Torment 1 as well, but once I hit 70 I was able to get a few ok gears that let me survive much longer and now only crazy affix mix champion kills me.
Reply Quote
My plan was to play T1 until I died. I made it to lvl 70 playing solo and upgraded gems only. I died for the first time on my way to Malthael. Then I reduced the difficulty and happy I did!
Reply Quote
Run it once on normal to get through it? (doing this right now)

Then; adventure time!
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 09:21 AMPosted by Aspirine
At lvl 68 I caved in and changed to masters. I didnt die yet, but it took forever to kill elites, and they had my health down so damn fast I had to kite half levels just to kill them.
I applaud you for not caving in :)

Same story as me.
Reply Quote
started at torment 5 after awhile...had to lower to 3, then went to 1 for the fire boss cuz he had so much hp :/ then went to master for last boss cuz he was kicking my butt so bad
Reply Quote
I just played for 15 minutes for the first time yesterday, and I was surprised that on normal difficulty, none of the mobs were even really damaging me. I was on a DH, and I was letting them hit me to see how much damage they dealt. I'll be moving up in difficulty when I get back on tonight.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm currently leveling on Torment 2, and perhaps there will be a point I lower it to Torment 1. But my compatriots are doing the same and refusing to drop it any further. We all really enjoy the extra challenge.

Might not be as doable on some of my other 60's, as some of their gear wasn't quite that great and they were only on Master to begin with, but for those who I spent a lot of time with? I've been finding it a pretty rewarding experience!
Reply Quote
Started out on master, because i wanted to go through the whole thing smoothly. about 4 lvls in, strafe build and half assing wasn't working. I had to start paying attention to mobs and their elite affixes. Ended up going going back to cluster arrow coz s**t got real. Died a couple of times on first boss. Switched back to strafe coz Im use to my mobility while hitting stuff and and have low toughness.
After that still using strafe but dying more now. I was farming Torment 1 before easily using the strafe build as mobility adds to survivablity , but now Im seeing the damage out put from strafe isnt enough. Not ready to throw in the towel and reduce difficulty just yet.
Reply Quote
Started on Torment 4 til about lvl 63-64, then went one down til about 66, then another at 68, and T1 and 69. Didn't go below T1
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 09:36 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We all really enjoy the extra challenge.

This :)
I love having to think what I've to do, and not only blasting through it.
Reply Quote
I started on T1 and was good until level 67, not it has gotten pretty tough. I can not go it while partied with my wife though, solo is still okay. I am trying as hard as I can to get through without dropping from T1. I started on T1 thinking I would just do a quick run through just to see the layout and story without getting frustrated by any difficult bosses. By level 63 I could tell it was not going to be the case. I am still mostly in level 60 gear. The two changed I made were very marginal upgrades and made me give up other good affixes, such as the 920 LoH on my axe.
Reply Quote
MILD SPOILERS IN THIS POST, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

I didn't want to drop down, but I've kinda been forced to. I was on T1 up until the second soul crucible, and I wound up having to drop down to Master to drop that. I wound up having to drop down to Expert to take out Urzael, and I've been there since. Last night I faced Adria, and while I got her down, it was a LONG fight. I'm hoping that by the time I make it to Malthael, I don't have to drop my difficulty further. :/
Reply Quote
Been playing act 5 on Master and just finished the first main boss which was a fairly neat fight and challenging. Taking my time with the act and enjoying all the side events throughout it so far.
Reply Quote
Me and some DH friends started on T2, and quickly had to drop to T1 after about 63. Beat Malthael last night without going below T1. The game offered a good challenge staying on Torment, and I am glad we didn't drop down despite considering it with a number of nasty affix Rares.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]