Diablo® III

Death Breath

03/25/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

We have no plans right now to change the rates, given that we're only one day into the expansion (we'd like to give things a bit more time to settle before we start pulling levers and adjusting knobs). That said, we are paying attention to your feedback! We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data, and if it looks like things aren't in a great place, we'll definitely reevaluate and make changes if needed. :)

With all the hidden details like this in the game, could you guys please just add this info into the game itself? Like a filtered difficulty search or something. It would save a whole lot of thought and confusion for us players. I didn't even know there was a drop increase on demonic essence, why? because it's not described in the game.

Thanks.
Edited by HeavyDuty#1473 on 3/25/2014 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Go do some rifts on t1. Why do the whole act over?

In 60 min before work today, did 3 rifts because well even rares can still be an upgrade so you have to look before you salavage. But id say me and 3 clan members got at least 10-12 in that hour. Needed 5 more to upgrade jeweler, did that, and uses rest on my blacksmith. Hes almost at 12. Then i will start to reroll. Id say ill get at least 30-40 in the 3-4 hours i play when i get home from work. The more elites, the more chance at death :)
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 02:59 PMPosted by OneL
the entitlement generation is the reason we have BoA

I'm pretty sick of this 'entitlement generation' garbage.

Edit: Removed something that would be construed as generation-warring rather than an illustration of the ridiculousness of accusing an entire generation of being something.
Edited by Bergtau#1516 on 3/25/2014 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

We have no plans right now to change the rates, given that we're only one day into the expansion (we'd like to give things a bit more time to settle before we start pulling levers and adjusting knobs). That said, we are paying attention to your feedback! We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data, and if it looks like things aren't in a great place, we'll definitely reevaluate and make changes if needed. :)

Thanks for this info! Any chance we could get something similar for the legendary drop chance increase with difficulty? ;)
Reply Quote
Yes lets have 1000 of these drop so we can craft the best gear on day 1.
Reply Quote
Stop complaining--next thing you know, Death's Breath will be Torment-only.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 03:33 PMPosted by Madfox777
Yes lets have 1000 of these drop so we can craft the best gear on day 1.

Well actually, the limiting factor in the best gear is the legendary drops. Death's Breaths shouldn't be so limited because the only thing effectively limited by them are dime a dozen rares that mostly suck anyway.
Reply Quote

LOL...I was just about to post something saying that Death's Breath was the new Demonic Essence, but Lylirra beat me to it...LOL
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 03:42 PMPosted by Bergtau
Well actually, the limiting factor in the best gear is the legendary drops. Death's Breaths shouldn't be so limited because the only thing effectively limited by them are dime a dozen rares that mostly suck anyway.

But it would be nice to sit down and make ten of something just to see what they are going to be like, without having to grind for 3 days to do it...See what I'm saying?

Demonic Essence all over again....And we'll probably be complaining about it until the next damn expansion...LOL
Reply Quote
I think the OP is right in this regard Lylirra: They are used in EVERYTHING. Even req lvl 61 gloves...like...really? Now I'm sure part of our impression is that we have to burn upwards of 30 just to get our crafters up to speed (rank 12), but I still think they are used in too many recipies at the moment to justify the posted drop rates. This is coming from someone who just put in about 9 hours exclusively on T1, have done 4 rifts and 4 full clears on bounties.

Could be too soon to tell, but yes, ty for paying attention to feedback.

EDIT: Gotta say, they're piling up already. I'm being gated by rare and legendary crafting mats now more than anything, and possibly gold/gems in the future (I only rolled over to the x pack with ~25 mil). Interesting.
Edited by innervation#1543 on 3/28/2014 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Dangs... I've leveled 2 toons to 40ish on hard these past few days and haven't seen one Death's Breath. I assumed they only dropped on the highest difficulty setting...
Reply Quote
As someone who played beta, Death's Breath drop rates are fine. They seem like the limiting factor right now as everything such as leveling artisans requires a few to get going, but as you continue to play and rares become less relevant you will find yourself stockpiling hundreds.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 01:33 PMPosted by morocka
Please for the love of god increase the drop rate on these by 10. We need them in EVERYTHING and getting 1 every 2 full clears in adventure mode is horrible.

Wow another carebear\crybaby\troll that wants everything immediately for 0 effort. Wah wah I want to be able to craft 200 items on release day. I got 5 of them and I'm only at the end of A5 now (not finished).

They will raise the drop rate down the track if required, not 1 day after release. Stop whining.
Reply Quote
\ We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat...

Not to change the subject or anything, and I realize I'm playing Blizzard's game on their own servers, but they monitor our in-game chat? I honestly don't mind... its not like I'm plotting nefarious deeds or typing in my credit card number, but it just caught me by surprise.

EDIT:
03/25/2014 07:41 PMPosted by Anaror
Dangs... I've leveled 2 toons to 40ish on hard these past few days and haven't seen one Death's Breath. I assumed they only dropped on the highest difficulty setting...

I believe they only drop above level 60. Prior to that level, you will earn the sub-60 crafting mats. Specifically, demonic essence.
Edited by Cannibal#1416 on 3/25/2014 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Got 2 death's breath in an entire RoS runthrough, which isn't enough to craft 1 level 61 item

I don't want things to have high drop rates, farming is the point, but this is ridiculous, they seem to have a lower drop rate than legendary

maybe let us have a chance to get them from disenchanting yellows?
Reply Quote
inb4 you guys realize you need legendary mats too which are OH SO MUCH rarer, especially since half your legos now are gear you will wear :3
Reply Quote
Dragon's Breath does need a small increase in drop rate.

How about 5-10 dropping from the completion reward for completing all the bounties on a map, that would probably solve it.

There is a cheesy way of getting Dragons Breath now, go to normal and zoom through just killing elites/champions, ignore everything else...but I don't think that's how Blizzard wants us to play the game and its boring...
Reply Quote
and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data,
They are watching! :)
Reply Quote
It just doesn't make sense. Back when diablo 3 came out, we didn't rare items like deaths breath and demonic essence to level up the blacksmith and jeweler. All you needed was good, and it git progressively higher. That should be the case now, especially when the drop rate is not high enough. It may only be one day into the expansion, but this was noticed back when ROS was in the PTR. I agree with everyone else, either raise the rate or take them out.

Thanks
Reply Quote
Did rifts for like 3 hours on T2 and got 40+, so feels kind of fine to me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]