Diablo® III

Death Breath

death breath is very much connected to elite packs. so you need to kill as much elites as you can get. with upmentioned difficulty scaling, it's obvious that pushing the difficulty is not the most efficient way.
so if you're DB-s your arter, go play rifts, where you kill elites as quickly as possible (normal?)

what i feel that is not balanced is overall reward where standard (say T1) playthrough is actally the least effective of it all.
if you need mats: just roll normal rifts
if you need legs: roll on normal in areas, where theres as much chests and flippable bodies as possible
if you need EXP: roll certain areas/quests at high difficulties.

And the worst of all: you still be quicker (say total 50DB-s, 5 legs, 1B EXP together) with making 3 different games for each purpose than one average game.
Edited by highq#2314 on 3/26/2014 4:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

But we never needed 5 Demonic Essences a pop for each incremental level of training our Blacksmith.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on 300+ Demonic Essences acquired over just the past two weeks.

Oh, and 550 Arcane Dust and 144 Veiled Crystals acquired just yesterday that I can do absolutely nothing with.
Edited by IainB#1322 on 3/26/2014 5:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah the drop rates atm is to low im on T1 and well since its so new of an item its very rare. I wish the mystic would give you 1 free roll per item before you get charged. but after a few weeks or so it should all even out.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 05:12 AMPosted by IainB
03/25/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

But we never needed 5 Demonic Essences a pop for each incremental level of training our Blacksmith.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting on 300+ Demonic Essences acquired over just the past two weeks.

Oh, and 550 Arcane Dust and 144 Veiled Crystals acquired just yesterday that I can do absolutely nothing with.

If you play RoS for 2 weeks when you already have a set of hard-to-upgrade gear you will probably sit on 300+ Death's Breath too, imagine that.

Why do people think they need to max their craftman's level on the first couple of days anyway?
Edited by Avermra#1219 on 3/26/2014 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
All these mats are going to start to pile up in no time. Give it time.
Reply Quote
I am honestly suspicious of the actual drop rate in game. I was playing in Act V for approx. 6 hours tonight and I found maybe 5 breath. I understand that RNG is RNG, but I don't think basically 1-2 breath an hour is even remotely sufficient given the quantities required for various crafting etc.
Reply Quote
Don't change this Blizzard, its good how it is now.
Reply Quote

And now you do. Deal with it.

Durrr, if demonic essences drop at the same rate as death breath, what do you think the situation is going to be in a few weeks after you spend the couple dozen death breath's you need leveling up your artisans? Hmmmmmmm?

"Durrrrr, what's gating mechanics precious!? WHAT'S GATING MECHANICS!?"
Reply Quote
I've managed to put in about 10 hours worth of play time so far, and while playing Act V campaign on T1, I found it incredibly difficult to build up DBs. But I dont think the drop rate was an issue (31%) moreso the lack of elite mobs during the campaign.

After beating the campaign I did Act 1 and half of Act 2 in adventure mode and I found way way more elites and death's breath is dropping at a completely acceptable rate. If fact, I'd say I had gotten more in my hour and half of adventure mode than the 8 hours in campaign.

If anything needs to be reviewed, I'd suggest taking a look at the rewards in story mode and adjust them to be more competitive to an equal time in adventure mode.

But for adventure mode the drop rate at T1 is very acceptable, please don't change it.
Reply Quote
Anyone lacking DB's go on a difficulty where you can virtually 1 shot elites/champions, equip pure movement speed/skills that increase movement speed and just zoom though ignoring everything except elites/champions.

You have loads of Dragon Breaths in no time.

It SUCKS big time we after play that brain dead way...but until Blizz fixes it, what can you do?
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 05:42 AMPosted by Avermra

If you play RoS for 2 weeks when you already have a set of hard-to-upgrade gear you will probably sit on 300+ Death's Breath too, imagine that.

Why do people think they need to max their craftman's level on the first couple of days anyway?

Way to miss the point entirely... I don't need my BS maxed day 1 nor was I requesting that to be the case (even though my Mystic is already... /rolleyes

The point is that in this tier of crafting materials the Death's Breath are used for a LOT more than Demonic Essences were so giving them the same drop rate doesn't make any sense.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 07:25 AMPosted by Burzghash

And now you do. Deal with it.

Durrr, if demonic essences drop at the same rate as death breath, what do you think the situation is going to be in a few weeks after you spend the couple dozen death breath's you need leveling up your artisans? Hmmmmmmm?

"Durrrrr, what's gating mechanics precious!? WHAT'S GATING MECHANICS!?"

Durr, Death's Breath are used a lot more than Demonic Essences ever were. Giving them the same drop rate doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
Way to miss the point entirely... I don't need my BS maxed day 1 nor was I requesting that to be the case (even though my Mystic is already... /rolleyes

The point is that in this tier of crafting materials the Death's Breath are used for a LOT more than Demonic Essences were so giving them the same drop rate doesn't make any sense.

And you were sitting on a ton of Demonic Essences because you couldn't use them. So your argument could have gone either way: "Demonic Essence drop rate too high for its usage" or "Death's Breath drop rate too low for its usage", and from your own experience it seems to be the former more than the latter.

I am sitting at around 50 Death's Breath right now after enchanting most of my gear to reasonable stats as well as max-ing out my artisans. Perhaps I'm lucky, perhaps you are unlucky.
Edited by Avermra#1219 on 3/26/2014 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bumpety bump.

Make at least yellow elites drop 1-2 of them. Running a whole rift and not even getting one is very bad. Torment 1 that is.
Reply Quote
You guys must have some really bad luck. I seem to get 1 every other elite/champion I kill.
Reply Quote
I've gotten roughly 15 from one playthrough in Hard/Torment 1.
Reply Quote
I couldnt max level my Jeweler/Mystic/Blacksmith in the first hour of the expansion so im going to come here and cry for a nerf!

i wantz my refund right nowz!!11!1
Reply Quote
Perhaps an idea might be able to convert Demonic Essence in to Death's Breath. Maybe a rate of 50/1 or 100/1? That way all the farming people did before the expansion would pay off? Just throwing that out there
Reply Quote
Are you skipping everything and going straight to the bounty boss? Cause I could see that causing you to have next to none of these..try killing some elites.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]