Diablo® III

Death Breath

03/26/2014 09:09 AMPosted by HemiGeo
Perhaps an idea might be able to convert Demonic Essence in to Death's Breath. Maybe a rate of 50/1 or 100/1? That way all the farming people did before the expansion would pay off? Just throwing that out there

I got a better idea. stop trolling the freaking forums and go kill some !@#$. You would of had some in the time you wasted here.
Reply Quote
Look, I don't mind the idea of Death's Breath being rare and kept in low quantities for crafting top end level 70 great, but currently this is completely imbalanced for levels 61-69.

These are required for each upgrade step of the blacksmith, so on your first play through (when you need the blacksmith the most) you're basically spending every single one on the upgrades. However, people are getting to level 65 without seeing a single one of these drop, I'm about to get to level 66 and I've only seen 1 (and I should have had many more given the drop rates listed by Lylirra). I can't even upgrade the blacksmith to get access to all the items of my level.

But that's not all, the few level 61 items I do have access to craft, most of them require additional Death's Breaths to craft those as well. Basically, there's just no way for me to craft these at all.

What is Blizzard's intent behind the blacksmith? Do they want us to be able to use him at all on our first playthrough? If so, then you'll have to remove the Death's breath component from all items 61-69 and from the upgrade requirement of the blacksmith mini-levels. Unless they do this the blacksmith will be pretty much unusable unless you're level 70.
Reply Quote
The drop rate is fine, maxed everything to 12 already with plenty to spare.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/25/2014 07:49 PMPosted by Cannibal
Not to change the subject or anything, and I realize I'm playing Blizzard's game on their own servers, but they monitor our in-game chat? I honestly don't mind... its not like I'm plotting nefarious deeds or typing in my credit card number, but it just caught me by surprise.

We are...watching...you. O.O

Jk, jk. I just meant that when we play ourselves, we pay attention to clan chat, community chat, and public chat quite a bit. (Party chat, too, if we're pubbing it.)
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Lylirra
We are...watching...you. O.OJk, jk. I just meant that when we play ourselves, we pay attention to clan chat, community chat, and public chat quite a bit. (Party chat, too, if we're pubbing it.)

When you gonna join us kooky WD's in game?....I'll save a spot for ya :P
Reply Quote
MY only complaint, other than RNG still hates me, is that they are required for level 61 crafted rares.
Reply Quote
drop is good, and in the progress as you increase your torment level it will be even better, at the end you will sit on 100s or 1000s breaths...
Reply Quote
The ONLY problem I have with these is that they are required to level the artisan, and that by the time you have enough to level your blacksmith, you're already way beyond the level of items he can craft.

E.g., i used all my death's breaths to train my blacksmith up (not all the way because i didn't have enough). I was level 66 at the time, and could still only craft level 61 gear.

Otherwise, it think the drop rate is fine.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/26/2014 11:00 AMPosted by REAPER666
When you gonna join us kooky WD's in game?....I'll save a spot for ya :P

I'm leveling my witch doctor right now and having an absolute blast! I think my friends are growing a little tired of me yelling PIIIRRRAAANNNAAADDDO every time I cast my ferocious fish funnel, though.
Reply Quote
I had about 100 hours on beta and never thought the drop rate was bad. You only ever have to level your NPCs once, and you won't need as many when you get optimal rare gear and aren't rerolling every above-average item you get.

I did T1 rifts for 3 hours last night and got around 50 of them, which was enough to help me get reroll 4 rares that I won't replace until I get legendaries to fill their slots.
Edited by Pinch#1463 on 3/26/2014 11:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Dragon
drop is good, and in the progress as you increase your torment level it will be even better, at the end you will sit on 100s or 1000s breaths...

This doesn't really mean it's good, this means that the crafting isn't good. It takes 3 of these to make a single rare belt. It's not even worth attempting to craft most yellows at this point.
Reply Quote
It's only a problem for those who aren't no lifers and can't play 8+ hours a day.
Reply Quote
Forget the Death's Breath, what about having to farm a super rare spawn in the Whimsyshire for a rare -chance- of getting the legendary crafting material and you need three of them for the Sage's set?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
03/26/2014 04:33 AMPosted by Aya
Did rifts for like 3 hours on T2 and got 40+, so feels kind of fine to me.

Isn't the issue here that you need to many for even crappy crafts? If you are doing rifts on T2, you don't need the gear you would be crafting with them anyway.
Reply Quote
Dont worry, any of you complaining about Death's Breaths will stop as soon as you get some legendary plans and see the mats required to make those items. At least the demon skin set i got today wants a Flawless Royal Emerald and more. Ive already put millions into upgrading gems and still dont have one yet cause havent gotten enough marquise yet.
Reply Quote
A system which rewards the best players more than the worst is always a bad system
Reply Quote
The drop rate feels fine to me, honestly. :) It's low yes, but it's fine. Considering all you have to do to get them is to play the game, it's fine. If they were to buff the drop rate I would hope that they'd reduce the quality of crafted gear to match.
Reply Quote
As someone who has played RoS almost non-stop since launch and has a lot of gold to work with, I do alot of crafting and I have to say, yes...the drop rate on these needs to be increased a bit. Maybe not x 10, but at least double for sure.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Lylirra
I'm leveling my witch doctor right now and having an absolute blast! I think my friends are growing a little tired of me yelling PIIIRRRAAANNNAAADDDO every time I cast my ferocious fish funnel, though.

Haha, you know what's kinda funny?...I was the biggest loud mouth about the changes to this class...and well...I'm humbled now :P...and yes you cant go wrong with Paranhado ;)

WD has some epic skill combos at our disposal, with neat gear combos, I mean the bad guys have no chance ;)

So cool your having a blast.

/may your voodoo be big and bad
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I thought demonic essences dropped too slowly once. I'm pretty sure I have over 600 sitting in my chest now...

I think everyone who is angry about the drops they have failed to get thus far needs to take a deep breath and then look at the release date for RoS again.....

Do you really want this to be: idkfa, there, I win!

???
Edited by Beavis#1231 on 3/26/2014 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]