Diablo® III

Death Breath

I'm constantly looking for these too.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

We have no plans right now to change the rates, given that we're only one day into the expansion (we'd like to give things a bit more time to settle before we start pulling levers and adjusting knobs). That said, we are paying attention to your feedback! We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data, and if it looks like things aren't in a great place, we'll definitely reevaluate and make changes if needed. :)

If I am farming Torment 6 I dont think I will need that many Deaths Breaths imo. At that point I would assume that I am already in some pretty nice and amazing gear...
Reply Quote
The random affix rare gear from the blacksmith require these and there's no way I'm coughing em up gambling for something that may and probably will roll crap.
Reply Quote
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

We have no plans right now to change the rates, given that we're only one day into the expansion (we'd like to give things a bit more time to settle before we start pulling levers and adjusting knobs). That said, we are paying attention to your feedback! We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data, and if it looks like things aren't in a great place, we'll definitely reevaluate and make changes if needed. :)

So like t6 is a 77% chance of getting one or a 77% higher than base drop rate chance?

t6 farming should mean you're swimming in them if it's actually a 77% base chance.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
rift/bounty is the best way now. all bosses spawn instantly (some waypoints is missing like in the cathedral garden) + additional rare like in deckard cain place, and if you have puzzle ring you can move around all act to feed the goblin without resetting or change act (need clarify on this). adventure mode can go to hell
Edited by tyo07#1829 on 3/26/2014 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Tiraamisu
rift/bounty is the best way now. all bosses spawn instantly (some waypoints is missing like in the cathedral garden) + additional rare like in deckard cain place, and if you have puzzle ring you can move around all act to feed the goblin without resetting or change act (need clarify on this). adventure mode can go to hell

Wot? You talk about all the good things in adventure mode then tell it to go to hell I don't understand?
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Lylirra

We are...watching...you. O.O

Jk, jk. I just meant that when we play ourselves, we pay attention to clan chat, community chat, and public chat quite a bit. (Party chat, too, if we're pubbing it.)

Speaking of watching, why can't we view Blizz character profiles? It'd be really interesting to see what builds and item lay-outs the Devs and Moderators have.
Reply Quote
"And in-game chat"

Welp
Reply Quote
Mo' gold.
Reply Quote
why would you want the drop rate to increase? So you can play for shorter stents and get the same goods as the avid player? Game doesn't work like that, Life doesn't work like that.
Reply Quote

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Please stand your ground on this Blizz.. death breath is the lynchpin for longevity... if you spill these out freely the game will just be crafting and no playing

and this is coming from someone who has a billion of gold and tons of old mats.. the death breaths drops are perfect.. players need to beat more elites instead of trash mobs

i will say the shards are kinda like scratchoff tickets though.. just a whimsy thing to do. Will there be other things to do with them? Can legends come from Kadala? I see blues can.

thx.. RoS is a great turn for the franchise
Reply Quote

Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Well that explains it.

We were all playing on T4+ before (myself on T6 before the nerfs), so we were getting essences by the truckload.

Now that we've all been forced to drop to as low as master, the droprates have been hit quite significantly.

So, we're at a gear wall with difficulty progression and we need crafting reagents to help surpass that wall, but we're barely even getting any. Catch 22 I guess.
Reply Quote
given that we're only one day into the expansion (we'd like to give things a bit more time to settle before we start pulling levers and adjusting knobs).

So treating this problem a little like the way you treated the recent XP nerf....NOT. That should also have been left until the dust settled in ROS. XP at level 70 is garbage now.

And I definitely agree with the OP. Drop rate on Death Breath is far too low to get maximum enjoyment out of the Mystic. Too much pain, not enough gain.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Selestiall
f I am farming Torment 6 I dont think I will need that many Deaths Breaths imo. At that point I would assume that I am already in some pretty nice and amazing gear...

Spot on.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 03:45 PMPosted by Septimus

And I definitely agree with the OP. Drop rate on Death Breath is far too low to get maximum enjoyment out of the Mystic. Too much pain, not enough gain.

let it progress, RoS allows for a lot of new builds so even if your items aren't exactly what you want, I have found myself going in directions that my gear does allow

I finally took of my Witching Hour and made a Demons Skin set to go with my Zuni.. lost some DPS but live a lot better and have sustain going now... much better playing than when I was just upping the damage numbers

be creative.. you can now
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Septimus
03/26/2014 12:55 PMPosted by Selestiall
f I am farming Torment 6 I dont think I will need that many Deaths Breaths imo. At that point I would assume that I am already in some pretty nice and amazing gear...

Spot on.

OR.. you may need a lot more because you would need a lot more rolls to make a difference in your great gear to be better right?

People want to skip the progression and go from weak to godly
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Lylirra
03/26/2014 11:00 AMPosted by REAPER666
When you gonna join us kooky WD's in game?....I'll save a spot for ya :P

I'm leveling my witch doctor right now and having an absolute blast! I think my friends are growing a little tired of me yelling PIIIRRRAAANNNAAADDDO every time I cast my ferocious fish funnel, though.

I kid you not, I yelled the EXACT same thing in chat last night when the rune unlocked for me.
Reply Quote
We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data, and if it looks like things aren't in a great place,

I loved this, Blizzard AKA, US NSA. Thank you for allowing us to laugh at ...someone's expense.
Reply Quote
They drop fairly often for me. Took me only a few hours to upgrade my jeweler and craftsman to lvl 12, and I play on t1. I am actually surprised I was able to max them out that fast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]