Diablo® III

Death Breath

Please dont change death breaths dropchance. It does not make sense.

Thing is people have the feeling of lacking this crafting material, because they have to manage the initial upgrading.

later in the game you have enough of DBs.

If you increase DBs droprate, people will complain more about the gold droprate, as they wasted too much money on crafting ;)
Reply Quote
With about 8 hours of playing I was able to upgrade all my crafting dudes to max level, and have about 15 of these items available for use. Considering how valuable they are I think the drop rate is currently acceptable.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

We have no plans right now to change the rates, given that we're only one day into the expansion (we'd like to give things a bit more time to settle before we start pulling levers and adjusting knobs). That said, we are paying attention to your feedback! We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data, and if it looks like things aren't in a great place, we'll definitely reevaluate and make changes if needed. :)

This is handy to know
Reply Quote
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

We have no plans right now to change the rates, given that we're only one day into the expansion (we'd like to give things a bit more time to settle before we start pulling levers and adjusting knobs). That said, we are paying attention to your feedback! We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data, and if it looks like things aren't in a great place, we'll definitely reevaluate and make changes if needed. :)

Was this drop rate info ever made available anywhere before this? It seems like information like this, skill proc rates, and all the other hidden calculations and probabilities should be out in the open on a sticky or something. There's no need for cloak and dagger secrecy about this stuff.
Edited by Sneak#1697 on 3/26/2014 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%

do these numbers actually make sense to blizzard?
torment only dropping twice as often as normal? do they not understand normal can be cleared 10x faster than torment1?
Reply Quote
it does make sense if u think it over
Reply Quote

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Because god forbid you listen to feedback during a beta period, because you know. It's a beta.

In 2014 you can just hotfix or patch everything after release right? Riiiiiiight.
Reply Quote
No problem with Death Breath.
Drops quite frequently even on Hard
Reply Quote
sorry. death's breaths are really limiting. I should feel that its drop rates should be same, but the qty doubled. (ie: it drops 2 as default,) and anyone with lvl 70 sage set should get 3-4.

at the same time, radiant/resplendent chests should drop these at a really high qty.
eg:
normal : 50% chance of 1 drop
master: 100% chance of 1 drop
T1: 100% chance of 1 drop with 50% chance of +2 (individual rolls) more
t6: 100% chance of 1 drop with 50% chance (individual) of 6 more

in fact, I do not see why it should be. eg: leg crafting is limited by rare ingredients already.

death's breath simply affect rerolls on top of gold costs.

considering that leg crafting is limited by rare ingredients and legendary rerolls are limited by forgotten souls, death breath limitation is to stop players from rerolling rares primarily.

considering that rares are usually lousier than legendaries and is an intermediate step to a full leg/set gear, limiting rare rerolls is simply keeping weak players weak
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 3/26/2014 8:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Do you need the RoS expansion in order for deaths breath to drop?
Reply Quote

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

helpful TY! :D
Reply Quote
It's all down to your gear, I could do torment with my crusader now but he's too slow for farming, stick with master for rifts and bounties and do normal in certain farming hot spots to try and get legendaries.

I mean the whole point of playing on the lower difficulties is to get the gear to allow you to move to the next difficulty. If you could face roll torment 6 on day one there wouldn't be much point would there.

My crusader : http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mephisto-2938/hero/38640774
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 11:14 AMPosted by Miniòn
03/26/2014 04:33 AMPosted by Aya
Did rifts for like 3 hours on T2 and got 40+, so feels kind of fine to me.

Isn't the issue here that you need to many for even crappy crafts? If you are doing rifts on T2, you don't need the gear you would be crafting with them anyway.

The early crafting definitely feels off especially with the new gearing system. Some of the later ones dont even need them. I didnt get much while leveling in T2-1 for 9 levels and and even a day later I barely grabbed enough to level my crafters. I had a few more legendaries drop before I could even craft one because of death breath issues. I just jumped into a T1 rift group and have been seeing them drop like I am used to back in masters preRoS. Maybe just bad luck on my part=(
Reply Quote
Drop rates for these are fine.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 09:09 AMPosted by HemiGeo
Perhaps an idea might be able to convert Demonic Essence in to Death's Breath. Maybe a rate of 50/1 or 100/1? That way all the farming people did before the expansion would pay off? Just throwing that out there

Yes please. I collected like 3,000 Demonic Essences. I guess I can vendor them
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 04:22 PMPosted by slip
Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%

do these numbers actually make sense to blizzard?
torment only dropping twice as often as normal? do they not understand normal can be cleared 10x faster than torment1?

Clearing speed = killing speed + commute between packs and so far, maps dont get bigger in Torment + MS is capped at 25%, so once your DPS beats certain threshold, next difficulty will be cleared just as fast as normal.
Edited by Lambeo#6368 on 3/26/2014 10:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I see why blizzard connected them to every crafting item/enchanting item but really, trying to make the game "longer" by putting in such a device is cheap and stupid. The game will stand on its own Merritt if its any good and people will play it. If its not any good, whats the point in having people play it for 40 hours before finding that out? Make them drop like candy i say. Its BoA anyways so who gives a hell how much of something some one gets?
Reply Quote

I don't think they need changing. they drop often enough at a torment 1 level, and you should be able to run torment 1 with a full set of level 70 rares tailored to your class.
Reply Quote
dude and also increase the drop rate of Legendary Crafting Mats.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]