Diablo® III

Death Breath

03/26/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Lylirra
03/25/2014 07:49 PMPosted by Cannibal
Not to change the subject or anything, and I realize I'm playing Blizzard's game on their own servers, but they monitor our in-game chat? I honestly don't mind... its not like I'm plotting nefarious deeds or typing in my credit card number, but it just caught me by surprise.

We are...watching...you. O.O

Jk, jk. I just meant that when we play ourselves, we pay attention to clan chat, community chat, and public chat quite a bit. (Party chat, too, if we're pubbing it.)

Snowden's gonna getcha! ;P
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Maiyart
So the game has been out for less than 24 hours and people want increased drop rates and want EVERYTHING NOW!!! OMG, I NEEDZ TO CRAFT HUNDREDS OF STUFF AND NEEDS DB'S FOR IT.

Whatever happened to playing the game for a week or two and re-evaluating the drop rates. Get a grip OP. Play the game and stop wanting everything in the first few hours.

This

I hate instant gratification Cry Babies. A Loot hunting RPG is not for you go back to Call of Duty!
Reply Quote
agree with OP, maybe not times 10 but maybe have T1 start at like 40% and increase at increments of 10% per difficulty level
Reply Quote
I have way too many to know what to do with already..
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I managed to get two characters to LV 70 before I had enough Death's Breath for just my blacksmith and the mystic. I still haven't gotten enough for my JC yet. This also makes enchanting somewhat of a pain in the petootie, moreso than it really should be. It isn't helping any that the enchanting is inconsistent across gear slots in what it requires. Half require death's breath, the other half don't. Unfortunately for those that require death's breath, getting the items to work with my build is virtually impossible unless I stumble across an already ideal piece since I can't enchant without the DBs.

Outside of Torment, the drop rates are too low. I know progression is supposed to feel like progression, but this feels like a slog through molasses in the middle of a briar patch, not progression.
I was able to easily farm demonic essences on Torment 3 level 60. So the drop rate was good enough.

The problem with level 70 is that anything higher than Torment 1 is !@#$ing impossible right now. And I have very good gear. So that means the drop rate for death breaths is PAINFULLY low. I never. Ever. Ever. See them. I get maybe 1 an hour sometimes. At best. Then I lose them ALL due to unlucky RNG stat changing. And I still have to train my jeweler, blacksmith, etc.

Come on Blizzard, this is why I stopped playing in the first place. Hours of playing and nothing to show for it. And now with dumbed down stat variety, this item modding is the only way to keep items interesting.
Reply Quote
MVP
03/25/2014 03:17 PMPosted by Lylirra
Just as an FYI, the scaling drop rates for Death's Breath are the same as Demonic Essence (i.e. they scale the same way as you progress in difficulty). Currently, those drop rates are:

Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

We have no plans right now to change the rates, given that we're only one day into the expansion (we'd like to give things a bit more time to settle before we start pulling levers and adjusting knobs). That said, we are paying attention to your feedback! We'll be keeping a close eye on your posts, tweets, and in-game chat, as well as our own internal data, and if it looks like things aren't in a great place, we'll definitely reevaluate and make changes if needed. :)

These rates are fine, please do not change them.

Before during the beta we had a problem with enchanting having an overabundance of Veiled Crystals and Arcane Dust which made the gold acquisition rates very poor. Now that enchanting requires a Death's Breath there's an actual RLF on enchanting.

Progression of rares was just wayyyyyy too fast and now that it has been slowed down there's actually a chance for most Legendary items to be useful.

People are complaining right now because they desire instant gratification, but the rates are fine as they are now. Please do not change them. =(
http://www.drothvader.org
Reply Quote
View profile
I found plenty to level my artisans in one play through of act 5, I'm not seeing the issue.
Reply Quote
My finding so far:

Neph Rifts: 1 out of 3 elites drop deaths breath. Total about 5-10 per run (Or more) (20 Minutes or less per run on T2 with group or T3 solo).

Bounties: 1 out of 3 elites. T3. Not sure how many I get from bounties but it is a substantial amount.

I have more of these things that I need. I don't see any issues with drop rates at all.

I have done about 25 Rifts (I think) and close to 100 Bounties.
Reply Quote
Would be nice of bosses would give a guaranteed Death's Breath, just sayin'
Reply Quote
My two cents:
The problem is not with the drop rates of Deaths Breath. From what I have seen the spawn rates of treasure goblins in act 5 is lower than acts 1-4. I took my time clearing every nook in act 5 and only saw two goblins the whole time. Not a huge problem but the goblins did account for a large number of the Demonic Essence I farmed pre RoS. Please leave the DB drop rate alone but if a trend in goblin spawns shows any decrease maybe that could get looked into. I expect this will be a non-issue once I start farming adventure mode though.

Good work on the xpack blizz!
Reply Quote
Death's Breath is needed for a lot of things, therefore they sure be a bit more rare. Even the tooltip says it's a rare material. However, with the numerous amount of elite packs in rifts/bounties, I get them in large quantities quite often; it adds fair longevity to the game. The drop rates are fine.

I'd hope Blizzard put more time in bringing Barbs and Crusaders to par with other classes. I wish to see Steed restored to a worth-while skill because it's the coolest looking ability in the game.
Reply Quote
Yikes - so we need to run Torment 3 just to get a 50-50 shot at them?
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 07:44 AMPosted by TheTias
I managed to get two characters to LV 70 before I had enough Death's Breath for just my blacksmith and the mystic. I still haven't gotten enough for my JC yet. This also makes enchanting somewhat of a pain in the petootie, moreso than it really should be. It isn't helping any that the enchanting is inconsistent across gear slots in what it requires. Half require death's breath, the other half don't. Unfortunately for those that require death's breath, getting the items to work with my build is virtually impossible unless I stumble across an already ideal piece since I can't enchant without the DBs.

Outside of Torment, the drop rates are too low. I know progression is supposed to feel like progression, but this feels like a slog through molasses in the middle of a briar patch, not progression.

Your experience seems way off from mine. I think the drops rates are perfectly fine. It took me hardly any time to get the Death's Breath's required to get my BS and JC up to 12, and I spent many on rerolling items before and after I had that accomplished. Perhaps the difference between you and I is I kill a lot of elite packs throughout rifts and bounties on Torment 1-2, which give me more than enough death's breaths.

Pick up your sword and take them from the enemy by force; don't cry out to Blizzard for help!
Reply Quote
I think the drop rate is pretty good where it is. When you are upgrading your crafters it can be a pain but once those are upgraded i find that i have more than enough. The thing is I am an old D2 player. I spent many years trying to ge tthe best gear. I dont expect the best gear to be handed to me. Unlike a lot of the complainers here. The xpac has been out a mere few days and people are already complaining about BS stuff.

I dont even know why i keep coming to these forums. Nothing but whiny %#$ people here.
Edited by SwollenSac#1422 on 3/27/2014 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 08:01 AMPosted by DrothVader
People are complaining right now because they desire instant gratification, but the rates are fine as they are now. Please do not change them. =(

Completely agree. First week after RoS is out, everyone wants to be in T3 already with perfectly crafted and enchanted rares.

Rifts give you plenty of DBs. Leave it as is.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 09:55 AMPosted by Scourge
Yikes - so we need to run Torment 3 just to get a 50-50 shot at them?

Nope, I just ran T1 bounty in Act 1. Took me 15 minutes for all 5 bounties. Got 12 Deaths Breath.

GL =]
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 02:59 PMPosted by OneL
the entitlement generation is the reason we have BoA

Oh? Do explain because the way I see it pay2win or "hey u just got what I need gimme gimme gimme" is more of an entitlement mentality than having to earn something yourself.
Reply Quote
Agreed.

Everything is too hard to get currently especially death's breath.

Either remove it as a reagent for Rare crafting and Enchanting, or increase the drop rate about 300%.
Reply Quote
the drop rates on these is by default making allllll other things useless to pick up.

I have thousands of yellow, blue and common mats...

and 2-3 deaths breath.

and I cant craft anything....

the drop rates on these things is quickly ruining the game, since they are so rare, and every thing costs so much to make, and everything seems to require them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]