Diablo® III

Reaper of Souls soundtrack

Just wanted to give a shout out to the musicians and composer(s) that made the Reaper of Souls soundtrack.

If you have not given a listen please do. It is extremely nostalgic and reminds me of the days when I first delved into the evil that is Diablo.

Here is a sample-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egvF9aeAIQ
Reply Quote
yeah, I actually appreciated the music in RoS. I usually turn the music off, but it feels very atmospheric and in the end of the game, it felt almost epic.
Reply Quote
View profile
I've heard it gets recycled a lot like that one song in Heart of The Swarm they play over and over and over each time you're about to start a big rush in an enemy base.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
It's been wonderful to hear so many folks enjoy the soundtrack! If you haven't given it a listen, be sure to turn up your game's music volume, at least for one play-through. Many of the pieces are quite lovely (and I'm a big fan of Pandemonium Fortress' music in particular).

We have preview tracks for some of Act V's areas available as well, so if you prefer, you can always check those out too!
Reply Quote
I came here to give my praise of the soundtrack as well. Much better than the base game's.
Reply Quote
In my opinion certain musics in Act II needs serious overhaul and Act V gives really good examples. Please do consider revisiting the music of older contents should you have time in the future
Reply Quote
The ambient tracks are pretty awful (synthesized single note toots constantly), and much of the music is "happy and chipper" in generic zones such as underground (why is this? It makes no sense). However, the town\boss\cinematic music is good.
Reply Quote
Yeah, the RoS soundtrack is amazing. Great job by everyone involved. The effects audio has always been good in D3, but this soundtrack really stands on its own. It even manages to stay in my head after the game's off. Some people don't want or like that but y'all pulled it off nicely.
Reply Quote
It is truly amazing, when I heard it I thought it sounded a lot like the Diablo 1 soundtrack. It made me so happy and scared at the same time ^.^ Nice job!
Edited by Bossman#1766 on 3/26/2014 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I loved the eerie classical music I encountered in A5. SO much better than D3V.

Can we get some remakes of some of the iconic diabolic D1/D2 soundtracks in the future?
Reply Quote
The first time I heard them bells... That did it for me.
Reply Quote
The soundtrack really stands out! Its Awesome!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/26/2014 09:47 AMPosted by Nevalistis
It's been wonderful to hear so many folks enjoy the soundtrack! If you haven't given it a listen, be sure to turn up your game's music volume, at least for one play-through. Many of the pieces are quite lovely (and I'm a big fan of Pandemonium Fortress' music in particular).

We have preview tracks for some of Act V's areas available as well, so if you prefer, you can always check those out too!

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE!

Can you identify which parts of each preview track correspond to the different areas in Westmarch and the Blood Marsh?
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:59 AMPosted by StudFlower
The first time I heard them bells... That did it for me.

I definitely like the bells...then again...I'm a sucker for bells. Darn you, Mike Oldfield.
Reply Quote
Gotta agree, it's been pretty nice :)
Reply Quote
I can't seem to find the Malthael boss song on the soundtrack. It kind of seems like parts are pieced together from Sehyen Ehvis and Uzrael, but I'm not sure. Am I missing something obvious?
Reply Quote
Yeah, it's pretty amazing, I am especially a fan of the music that starts playing in some of the random events and caves in Westmarch. Can't find them though :(

Any way to buy the OST? Because I would throw money directly at my screen.

EDIT: Alright found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB9u6QEzmHk

This gave me goosebumps when I was doing events and slaying monsters. Just perfect.
Edited by BoneEater#2519 on 3/27/2014 4:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a great question that i need answered. Why isnt Blood Marsh music NOT on the soundtrack?? I was looking forward to listening to the full version of it when I got the Collector's Edition.

In fact, I would prefer to have ALL the music of Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls and would pay money just to have all songs. It would help forever grow my library of music.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 09:48 AMPosted by JimboJones
I came here to give my praise of the soundtrack as well. Much better than the base game's.

The new soundtrack does sound very dark, and gothic, and good, but I didn't actually mind the base game's soundtrack; it was bombastic and over-the-top, yes, but it suited the base game perfectly.
Reply Quote
The soundtrack is amazing! Well done!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]