Diablo® III

Blood Shards

is there anything else i can use them for besides gambling for a random item from the merchant?
Reply Quote
I haven't seen anything yet. I've gotten complete crap form blood shards, they seem completely useless.
Reply Quote
Anyone gotten a legendary? I got a half decent set of gloves once.. I think..
Reply Quote
I just got my offhand (legendary) from random items using blood shards
Reply Quote
Where do you even get them. Do they only come at 70? (69 at the moment) Also does Maltheal drop a legendary item and plans for the first kill guarantee? I have heard a few people say that's what they got. (Waiting till 70 to kill him)

Thanks'
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
700 bloodshards spent in mojos, nothing that could compare to the level 70 yellow I already had...sigh...
Reply Quote
I read you use to be able to sell blood shards for an expert horadric cahe to the horadrum guy that follows tyr

this was in beta i guess and no longer exsist here
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
total up to 1500 blood shard without a single good mojo...for those keeping track at home, that's 300 mojos without a single mojo that was better than the yellow I found on the ground shortly after dinging 70. And no legendaries. Bloodshards are worthless.
Reply Quote
Got a legendary within the first few turn-ins. Bloodshards aren't useless, you're just unlucky.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I would say it's more likely that you are very very very very very very very lucky and that most people will not get any legendaries from blood shards for several weeks/months of farming. Otherwise blood shards would be THE way to farm legendaries, and I don't think that's the intent.

That being said, the quality of the blood shard yellows should at least be decent. The VAST majority of my blood shard mojos were either 4 random properties (as opposed to 5 or 6) or blue.
Reply Quote
I got my gloves from it.

and my buddy got his mojo from it tho it seems the battle.net display is bugged i think his dmg was ~300 to ~400
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/rishii-1451/hero/42080180
Reply Quote
Blood shards are for making vendor trash or salvage nothing more.
Reply Quote
is it possible to roll a set item for blood shards? or only legendaries?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]