Diablo® III

Level 61 items dropping and I am almost level 66.

03/26/2014 05:16 AMPosted by Gibblet
I'd also like to see where it was verified as a bug. "It's being looked into" can mean anything from a bug to "we dun goofed and we'll wait to see if it actually need changing"

Even with lower level gear, playing in lower torment levels is still possible. Sure it's going to be tougher than you're used too, but if you change your skills around abit and are willing to sacrifice some killspeed for more survivability, you should be able to find a way to plod through levelling untill you start finding gear upgrades

I know this..but...it's principle, and also, I hate being forced into a more defensive build because blizzard screwed up. Build diversity goes down the toilet when you have to spec all defensive because you can't find any gear. Not to mention it takes forever to kill.
Reply Quote
Same issue here also...lvl 66 wiz and all i get is lvl 61 gear
Reply Quote
Yep, going to bump this until I get a response from a blue about this or a forum ban, one of the two.
Reply Quote
I don't understand why we can't get an update on this. Even TheTias said this was an issue, and he's an MVP for god's sake. At least a blue confirmation telling us they know, and shut up, wqould be ok at this point.
Reply Quote
Not really an issue b/c you're only very temporarily in those level ranges. I kinda like how the challenge builds until lvl 66 then you get good gear again then it builds again.

Pretty sure this is done on purpose so people's first play through of Act 5 will be more difficult and thus last longer.
Reply Quote
I'm sure it's a bug. :) No need to sweat it. Great game so far. Issue will be addressed, most likely. I'm having a blast even while finding 61 gear at 67. :D

Though I would like it to be fixed. c:
Reply Quote
Ill have to refrain from leveling my other 5 60s until they have this sorted. My journey to 70 was fun, but the number of upgrades where nowhere close to what i expected and know i know why.
Reply Quote
I'm getting this too. My toon is lvl 64 and I'm not getting anything higher than 61. Really made Urz a pain. Had to drop the difficulty a lot more than I would have liked to.
Reply Quote
How is this not an issue NightOwl? It's an incredible pain in the !@# when I'm level 68/69 and constantly get worthless 61 yellows. I've had to drop my game down to expert just to survive the insanely hard elites that show up in Act V because I've gotten crap for loot since the expansion went live. Hit Level 70 last night and just signed off because my wiz is barely playable with the (mostly) level 60 gear.
Reply Quote
It appears to be bugged for legs too.

I sometimes I get legs at my level or level 61. Which isn't right.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 07:31 AMPosted by Zombie
It appears to be bugged for legs too.

I sometimes I get legs at my level or level 61. Which isn't right.

Wish I would have seen this post before I made mine. Has a blue commented on this at all?
Reply Quote
Bump for a response from a blue.
Reply Quote
it seems to be skipping from 61, 66, 68, 70.

the gap between 61-66 needs to be addressed since the scaling in difficulty made Act V almost too hard for a while, on torment ONE!
Reply Quote
Wonder why they won't respond to this, seems like a lot of posts about it.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 08:07 AMPosted by RIZ
it seems to be skipping from 61, 66, 68, 70.

the gap between 61-66 needs to be addressed since the scaling in difficulty made Act V almost too hard for a while, on torment ONE!

Yeah, I'm only able to play on expert @ level 68...just no drops, mostly 61 and a few 66.
Reply Quote
03/25/2014 06:56 PMPosted by Raktuen
Is there a point before 70 where items that drop from monsters start be be higher than level 61? I am almost 66 on my barb and I haven't gotten a single item higher than level 61. Is this a bug?

I seem to recall seeing a post from one of the MVPs last night indicating that around 66 or 67 you start seeing more level-appropriate items. I'll test this empirically tonight (just hit 67 last night before I went to bed) to see if I'm seeing better upgrades. I actually took a tiny DPS hit just so I could dual-wield a couple of neat Legendaries that had dropped for me. It's fun, but even that 20k hit to DPS is noticeable, and I'd already had to drop down to Expert from T1 just to down Urzael.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 09:39 AMPosted by Silentman
03/25/2014 06:56 PMPosted by Raktuen
Is there a point before 70 where items that drop from monsters start be be higher than level 61? I am almost 66 on my barb and I haven't gotten a single item higher than level 61. Is this a bug?

I seem to recall seeing a post from one of the MVPs last night indicating that around 66 or 67 you start seeing more level-appropriate items. I'll test this empirically tonight (just hit 67 last night before I went to bed) to see if I'm seeing better upgrades. I actually took a tiny DPS hit just so I could dual-wield a couple of neat Legendaries that had dropped for me. It's fun, but even that 20k hit to DPS is noticeable, and I'd already had to drop down to Expert from T1 just to down Urzael.

Heh, yes, but these level appropriate items I'm finding aren't even replacing level 60 items. That's kinda messed up, when a level 66/67 item is less dps/toughness then a level 60..and it's not just one item, it's a bunch of items. Loot definitely needs to be tuned a bit. Shouldn't have to wait until 70 to finally make a big jump in dps..should be more gradual, with upgrades coming every level from 61 to 70. It's boring to go from 61 to 68 and have almost no upgrades..don't believe me? Look at my wizard and witch doctor.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/25/2014 07:05 PMPosted by BubFatherof3
Yes, it's a bug. I hope. In the Euro forums, a blue said they were looking into it, but we can't get a blue to comment here. Which I don't understand, as so many people have already made posts about this. Please, could we get a comment from a blue?

It looks like there was a little confusion on this topic, so allow me to clarify - there is not a bug involved here. Required level is not the same thing as an item’s power level, and it definitely does not mean a level 69 character should feel uncomfortable about using an item that specifies “Requires Level 61.” Items saying "Requires Level 61" on them is by design. The item can be at a power level intended for level 68 or 69 characters but we let players use it at Level 61 - this is intentional.

A primary boon of this approach is you know that items you find early on in your leveling experience (around 61-62) aren't replaced immediately upon reaching 63. That awesome item you found at 61 should be able to stick with you up through 69. When there are too many tiers of items, you transition through them rapidly and the items start to feel transient. Why bother gemming or enchanting an item if you expect to find an upgrade in 30 minutes? The Mystic’s Enchanting is powerful, but it doesn't feel worth using if you don’t have confidence your item will still be useful in 2 levels. Another benefit of this design choice is that it is alt-friendly. We think it's really fun to have the option to twink characters. Why not allow items you find at the upper echelons of the 60's to be passed down to your new characters fairly easily?

This does have some downsides, including that upgrades can feel a little sparse between the latter levels before cap (66-69). However, in this situation, we felt the benefits outweighed the detriments and it keeps the element of randomness that we feel is core to the Diablo experience. We want to ensure there is a chance to find an amazing top tier item the moment you ding 61 and get to hold on to it for hours if fortune smiles upon you, though that may mean it takes a little longer to find an upgrade for that particular slot.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Nevalistis
03/25/2014 07:05 PMPosted by BubFatherof3
Yes, it's a bug. I hope. In the Euro forums, a blue said they were looking into it, but we can't get a blue to comment here. Which I don't understand, as so many people have already made posts about this. Please, could we get a comment from a blue?

It looks like there was a little confusion on this topic, so allow me to clarify - there is not a bug involved here. Required level is not the same thing as an item’s power level, and it definitely does not mean a level 69 character should feel uncomfortable about using an item that specifies “Requires Level 61.” Items saying "Requires Level 61" on them is by design. The item can be at a power level intended for level 68 or 69 characters but we let players use it at Level 61 - this is intentional.

A primary boon of this approach is you know that items you find early on in your leveling experience (around 61-62) aren't replaced immediately upon reaching 63. That awesome item you found at 61 should be able to stick with you up through 69. When there are too many tiers of items, you transition through them rapidly and the items start to feel transient. Why bother gemming or enchanting an item if you expect to find an upgrade in 30 minutes? The Mystic’s Enchanting is powerful, but it doesn't feel worth using if you don’t have confidence your item will still be useful in 2 levels. Another benefit of this design choice is that it is alt-friendly. We think it's really fun to have the option to twink characters. Why not allow items you find at the upper echelons of the 60's to be passed down to your new characters fairly easily?

This does have some downsides, including that upgrades can feel a little sparse between the latter levels before cap (66-69). However, in this situation, we felt the benefits outweighed the detriments and it keeps the element of randomness that we feel is core to the Diablo experience. We want to ensure there is a chance to find an amazing top tier item the moment you ding 61 and get to hold on to it for hours if fortune smiles upon you, though that may mean it takes a little longer to find an upgrade for that particular slot.

66-70 is a really brutal slog though. Honestly, you could probably tone down monsters or speed up leveling in this bit safely. I've had a lot of clanmates griping about it already.

If anything, things feel *easier* at 70 due to the availability of quick and easy upgrades. And that is a little silly, if you don't mind me saying so.
Edited by Starbird#1360 on 3/26/2014 10:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
lol found a level 70 2h sword with reduced level req by 30
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]