Diablo® III

Level 61 items dropping and I am almost level 66.

Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I'm using level 61 into the 70's till something better drops.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It would further reduce confusion if said "power level" was displayed, as ilvl used to be
Reply Quote
Community Manager
03/26/2014 10:17 AMPosted by Starbird
66-70 is a really brutal slog though. Honestly, you could probably tone down monsters or speed up leveling in this bit safely. I've had a lot of clanmates griping about it already.

It is, and that's also intended. It's totally fine to drop the difficulty as you climb closer to 70, because the game does get more difficult as you level up (since monsters now level alongside you). Once you reach 70, you're entering a new environment where you can ascend back up through the difficulties as you acquire additional gear, shift things around with the Mystic or gems, or gain additional Paragon levels.

Some folks might start at higher difficulties than others at 70, either because they found some pretty amazing items as they level that keep well or because they're seeking a really tough challenge and it better suits their play style. That's fine - the difficulty systems are there to tailor your experience and level of challenge as well as to offer a sense of progression.
Reply Quote
I hate being level 65 and getting a Legendary item. It will be a level 61 item...
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Nevalistis
When there are too many tiers of items, you transition through them rapidly and the items start to feel transient. Why bother gemming or enchanting an item if you expect to find an upgrade in 30 minutes?

because this is what we're grown accustomed to in our D3 play since the beginning...have you ever leveled a new character? I'm replacing gear every 2-3 levels...
Reply Quote
I really enjoy the new system. I was surprised at first to find that I needed to reduce the difficulty as I leveled up, but it made logical sense to me, and then I read blue posts confirming what I had discovered already.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:24 AMPosted by Nevalistis
66-70 is a really brutal slog though. Honestly, you could probably tone down monsters or speed up leveling in this bit safely. I've had a lot of clanmates griping about it already.

It is, and that's also intended. It's totally fine to drop the difficulty as you climb closer to 70, because the game does get more difficult as you level up (since monsters now level alongside you). Once you reach 70, you're entering a new environment where you can ascend back up through the difficulties as you acquire additional gear, shift things around with the Mystic or gems, or gain additional Paragon levels.

Some folks might start at higher difficulties than others at 70, either because they found some pretty amazing items as they level that keep well or because they're seeking a really tough challenge and it better suits their play style. That's fine - the difficulty systems are there to tailor your experience and level of challenge as well as to offer a sense of progression.

This is a great answer and spot on. The design is absolutely perfect in this regard, and it plays out nicely. Great job.

Cheers 0/

RTG Sibcoe
Reply Quote
Posted by Starbird

Unfortunately, the best items in the game only drop at Torment difficulty, which means you have a narrow range of gear (armor gear). I've been playing from dusk till dawn since launch and I've seen almost no upgrade (dps, toughness and healing) to my lvl 60 gear. Kinda weird because there is a huge difference from lvl 50 gear to lvl 60 gear.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:34 AMPosted by Urshul
I've been playing from dusk till dawn since launch and I've seen almost no upgrade (dps, toughness and healing) to my lvl 60 gear. Kinda weird because there is a huge difference from lvl 50 gear to lvl 60 gear.

Ture but the difference between 51-59 seems to be the same as 61-68. I can only comment up to 68
Reply Quote

Its intended for the game to noticeably get harder all of a sudden when you level up, to 66, and then suddenly get noticeably easier when you hit 70? That doesn't make any sense.

Like, I understand the idea you're conveying here, and there's something to it, but clearly you've gone way too far.

I upgraded several pieces of gear from 60-63 and then I did not find a single upgrade from level 63-70. Maybe I was just unlucky, but every single player I've talked to has expressed the same feeling.

Its weird, coming from loot 2.0 I'm so used to getting good drops and feeling rewarded, but the entire second half of Act V I was just slogging through pushing to get to the end and unlock adventure mode, I wasn't having fun, I wasn't getting drops.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:30 AMPosted by DaRupp
03/26/2014 10:13 AMPosted by Nevalistis
When there are too many tiers of items, you transition through them rapidly and the items start to feel transient. Why bother gemming or enchanting an item if you expect to find an upgrade in 30 minutes?

because this is what we're grown accustomed to in our D3 play since the beginning...have you ever leveled a new character? I'm replacing gear every 2-3 levels...
Speak for yourself, I didn't get a single upgrade between 60-70. My gear was bloody awful by most standards, upgrades should have been coming thick and fast. I started act 5 with 85k dps and 565k toughness on my monk, and it made trying to get through Act V a sodding chore rather than an enjoyable experience.
Edited by HexCaliber#2694 on 3/26/2014 10:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I know this will sound like a troll post, but it really isn't. I didn't get a single drop higher than lvl 61 until I hit lvl 68. Then I started getting lvl 68 and up drops. I felt the same way at exactly the same lvl, 66. I'm just glad I lvl'd through to 68 so quickly.
Reply Quote
People must of had really bad gear going into expansion. I didn't have a 2billion gold character, I went all the way up to Mathiel with mostly legacy gear on torment 1.

I had to lower the difficulty on him though, killing champions was a breeze the whole way through.
Reply Quote
I leveled so quickly it really didn't seem to matter. I'm not quite 70 yet, but almost. Been short on time last two days, but with ~4 hours of playtime being a hair shy of 70 doesn't seem unreasonable.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:47 AMPosted by HexCaliber
03/26/2014 10:30 AMPosted by DaRupp

Speak for yourself, I didn't get a single upgrade between 60-70. My gear was bloody awful by most standards, upgrades should have been coming thick and fast. I started act 5 with 85k dps and 565k toughness on my monk, and it made trying to get through Act V a sodding chore rather than an enjoyable experience.

I don't think you comprehend what he was saying.
Reply Quote

So with loot 2.0 you took out some item lvl 61-63 items, because you said they will drop on the actual level in ROS, then we play ROS and no upgrades drop between lvl 61 and 66??? They say lvl 61 required, and that's excactly what their stats are displaying, so they ARE lvl 61 items, wether you call them that is irrelevant..

Through the whole game you find upgrades based on your character level, but then you decided to leave out 5 levels to "make it harder" ? Why drop loot at all, I am sure the game would be much harder without any items, give it at least a thought internally.

I'm sorry but this is a major gamedesign flaw and makes no sense whatsoever.

It is either a bug, lazyness ( outro cinematic anyone? ) or a bad decision, but the fact you make up an excuse for it is the crappy communication cherry on top.
Edited by error37#2595 on 3/26/2014 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree with HexCaliber. I have decent lvl 60 gear going into the expansion, i've found 3 items between 60-70 that i used. Went from 92k dps to about 170k dps in those 10 levels (wizard).

90% of the items dropped for me (even when I'm level 69) are all "required lvl 61" and none of them are better than the 60 gear I have. I just hit 70 last night and rage quit because I i can't even solo an elite pack on master anymore.

Maybe things will get better once I start actually getting 70 gear but I still have to drop the difficulty down to expert to survive which means less/worse drops. So maybe the "required lvl 61" isn't a bug but the loot sure is atrocious since the expansion released and its made playing the new content extremely frustrating.

EDIT: I should mention that more than half my DPS upgrade was from changing out passive skills to try to balance more DPS to keep up with how much HP's the mobs have. Less than 50% came from actual loot upgrades.
Edited by MiniJediMstr#1462 on 3/26/2014 11:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I had to do the same thing. I refused to go below expert though and started using the mystic to roll crit chance on my existing lvl 60 gear to help keep my DPS up.

I'm honestly okay with leg drops having the gap, but can we at least patch in the rares to close that gap? I would have gladly equipped some rares to up my toughness at the expense of damage, problem was that most of the time it was a %20 drop in damage for a %5 increase in toughness until I started getting level 68 and 70 drops.

I honestly didn't even want to continue the game once I got to the ram. I went back to act three and leveled in the keeps before I went back to act V so I could at least have a chance of finding leveled gear.
Edited by Crux#1756 on 3/26/2014 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 10:19 AMPosted by Proshank0104
lol found a level 70 2h sword with reduced level req by 30

Best 2 hander in reaper ever?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]