Diablo® III

Elemental exposure + legacy triumvirate

I read in here that legacy triumvirate applies 3 elemental dmg to your weapon, and would therefore count towards Elemental exposure debuff. Has this been confirmed?

Thanks ^^
Reply Quote
No. They do not. Those damages are applied to the black damage. The element are based soley on your spell. Even if you wep say 800-1000 lightning damage and you cast frozen orb with your legacy trium, it does cold damage.
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Liquid
No. They do not. Those damages are applied to the black damage. The element are based soley on your spell. Even if you wep say 800-1000 lightning damage and you cast frozen orb with your legacy trium, it does cold damage.

But it says in the description that elemental dmg from your weapon counts towards Elemental exposure. So in your example, you would get 2 stacks, lightning and cold?

Do we still have black dmg anyway?

Thanks for the help!
Reply Quote
03/26/2014 07:06 PMPosted by Bashem
03/26/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Liquid

But it says in the description that elemental dmg from your weapon counts towards Elemental exposure. So in your example, you would get 2 stacks, lightning and cold?

Do we still have black dmg anyway?

Thanks for the help!

hmmm didnt notice the last line about elemental dmg from wep. I was assuming based on procs like cold blooded and conflagration. yes we still have black. Am using one.
Reply Quote
I'll assume it works then, with a black weapon.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
bump, good question.

anyone else know?
Reply Quote
I would really like clarification on this as well, I found a lvl70 triumvirate so it would be good to know how to utilise it.
Reply Quote
Yeah, my weapon says 1000-1178 arcane damage, so i'm wondering if that procs elemental exposure too when i cast anything, guess we need some clarification. Otherwise i've been missing one element all along. :(
Reply Quote
Works with elements on weapon, doesn't work with legacy elemental affixes.
And the new Triumvirate does something else entirely.
Reply Quote
Is the old triumvirate completely OP compared to new rare items? Can't find anything that is an upgrade because the weapon being used with it is black damage.
Reply Quote
I replaced my Triumvirate with an offhand I found on a vendor in the Act V main town. I'll miss my trusty Triumvirate, but it's wonderful to be able to use any weapon instead of needing to use a black weapon.

As a side note - make sure to check the vendors - it seems that they can sell max level rares now without restrictions (unlike the level 59s that vanilla vendors sold).
Reply Quote
i actually tested it today, and the legacy %elemental with black weapon doesnt proc elemental exposure.... its strange as it an element applied to weapon damage so according to description it should.

i used a legacy crow with min>max damage weapon/jewelry. the damage increase in the second magic missile was just 5% not 10% (5 from arcane and 5 from lightning) but the fireball proc did count.
Reply Quote
View profile
03/26/2014 09:04 PMPosted by apo
Works with elements on weapon, doesn't work with legacy elemental affixes.
And the new Triumvirate does something else entirely.

03/27/2014 12:12 PMPosted by ximae
i actually tested it today, and the legacy %elemental with black weapon doesnt proc elemental exposure.... its strange as it an element applied to weapon damage so according to description it should.

i used a legacy crow with min>max damage weapon/jewelry. the damage increase in the second magic missile was just 5% not 10% (5 from arcane and 5 from lightning) but the fireball proc did count.

Cool! Thanks! The tooltip does read elemental damage from your weapon so it makes sense.
Reply Quote
I wondered about this as well. Do keep in mind though that Physical damage spells carry over the elemental damage of your weapon, meaning a weapon with 1000 cold damage and 200 black damage will do mostly cold damage and some physical damage. Are we sure that using a cold spell with fire damage on a weapon would trigger the fire and cold damage?
Reply Quote
View profile
03/27/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Gibson
Physical damage spells carry over the elemental damage of your weapon

wiz has none.

03/27/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Gibson
Are we sure that using a cold spell with fire damage on a weapon would trigger the fire and cold damage?

For the wizard passive elemental exposure, yes, we are absolutely sure. The attack will still be 100% cold damage and will not proc conflagration.
Reply Quote
so.... triumvirate with black weapon not adding x3 (light,fire,arcane) stacks of elemental exposure?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]