Diablo® III

wow adventure mode needs fixing

03/27/2014 08:38 AMPosted by Nevalistis
03/27/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Starsky
95% of the games people join all the bounties are finished (5x5) and people are sitting in town, people joining and leaving instantly (cause there is no more bonus)

We've got a hotfix upcoming that should help with this issue. I'm currently waiting on word when these hotfixes will be pushed out, and will update the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]Hotfix list[/url] accordingly when that occurs.

Thank goodness.

I've been doing them solo because I hate joining half-finished games.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
For clarification, the hotfix should prevent players from being placed in games where the first set of bounties has already been completed. This should allow you to more consistently find fresh Adventure Mode games with other players.
Reply Quote
19 Undead Mage
Thanks.
I tried all morning to join and all I got were completed games. Then I tried creating one myself and opening it up and nobody ever joined...
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 09:05 AMPosted by Nevalistis
For clarification, the hotfix should prevent players from being placed in games where the first set of bounties has already been completed. This should allow you to more consistently find fresh Adventure Mode games with other players.

perfect!

anything about how hosting takes so long to find players? I want to play with new people my irl friends and i cant ALWAYS play together
Reply Quote
should help

Typically means they will address the issue but not entirely. So... yeah.
Reply Quote

What the game really needs is a complex filter.

We should be able to sort by any number of things.

Player level, game difficulty, act, quest, and so on....

The current match making system (especially while leveling) is very lack luster. Try to find someone at the same level, on the same difficulty, and on the same quest/act is a pain in the butt.
Reply Quote

+1000
Reply Quote
that god someone mentioned this.

i 23 games last night before i found one that wasnt completely cleared.

I enjoy playing in parties rather then on my own i guess
Reply Quote
I know this is a WoW solution, but I'd like to see a queue system that matches you up with 3 other players and sends you on 5 random bounties. It would solve the issue of joining finished games and would also eliminate the issue of people joining for the last bounty and getting the full reward.
Reply Quote
We've got a hotfix upcoming that should help with this issue. I'm currently waiting on word when these hotfixes will be pushed out, and will update the Hotfix list accordingly when that occurs.

hmmm.
Reply Quote
:) thanks
Reply Quote
when are you gona fix exp rates being pure garbage compared to classic?
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 09:16 AMPosted by DeadLights

The current match making system (especially while leveling) is very lack luster. Try to find someone at the same level, on the same difficulty, and on the same quest/act is a pain in the butt.

Exposing current games entirely with player dps/toughness shown would be better. Too hard to find a good mix randomly joining. If not that they do need to expose all quests when you reset so you can find someone to play with a lot easier and complete anything out of order. Lots of zeros to be found in some acts/difficulties even before RoS.
Reply Quote

Thank you so much! This was kind of preventing me from joining Adventure mode games for the time being
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 07:34 AMPosted by Zombie
Don't play with random people. Play with friends and your problem is fixed!

Or just start your own public games and wait til they fill up. Then do the bounties.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 11:06 AMPosted by MadMyke
Or just start your own public games and wait til they fill up. Then do the bounties.

Except the matching system is so screwed up, you can start a new game, open it up, and never get anyone. I waited about 5 minutes, got no one, and did 2 bonus act sets of 5 bounties and didn't have a single player matched to my game. During that time there were TONS of complete games out there #*)! blocking people from joining my game. I know because both before and after I tried to join a public game, and every one I joined was fully cleared with some AFK nutjob keeping it open screwing people over.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Starsky
95% of the games people join all the bounties are finished (5x5) and people are sitting in town, people joining and leaving instantly (cause there is no more bonus)

We've got a hotfix upcoming that should help with this issue. I'm currently waiting on word when these hotfixes will be pushed out, and will update the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]Hotfix list[/url] accordingly when that occurs.

THANK YOU!!!
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 11:01 AMPosted by icicid
03/27/2014 09:16 AMPosted by DeadLights

Exposing current games entirely with player dps/toughness shown would be better. Too hard to find a good mix randomly joining. If not that they do need to expose all quests when you reset so you can find someone to play with a lot easier and complete anything out of order. Lots of zeros to be found in some acts/difficulties even before RoS.

That could be added in addition to what I was thinking. It would certainly help.

Sometimes I like playing with randoms. I would love to be able to pull up a filter and check some boxes, and then have the game show me how many players are available and for what.

Say you're a level 30. You don't particularly care what difficulty you play on or what quest; as long as they are in a range you can handle.

They could add a "Join any available." This would look for any game that is in your currently unlocked story progression path.

Then perhaps you could select the range of difficulties you are willing to play in. Or what acts/quests you would like to exclude.

This would broaden the search range enough to actually find people. As it currently stands, you have to find another joker out there playing the exact quest, on the exact difficulty, and at your exact level.

It's stupid.

Edit: I realize I'm speaking more about the story, but elements of this would work in adventure mode as well. Especially the toughness idea in the quoted post.
Edited by DeadLights#1656 on 3/27/2014 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Bump.

This makes total sense. Ignore trolls that tell you to play only with friends... They're idiots who don't understand that the game is for everyone and an actual multiplayer one.

A friend of mine was complaining about the same thing.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 12:26 PMPosted by CrippledKT
Bump.

This makes total sense. Ignore trolls that tell you to play only with friends... They're idiots who don't understand that the game is for everyone and an actual multiplayer one.

A friend of mine was complaining about the same thing.

doesn't need to be bumped anymore. they're putting out a hotfix, Rejoice!

But how long until the hotfix? It's a pretty serious issue, I think serious enough to release individually, but whatever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]