Diablo® III

enchanted item reset

Hello

I am hoping that the devs will consider implementing a feature to allow already enchanted item to be reset to it's original state ( i.e. allowing the item to be re-enchanted again on different stats ). This is so that if a mis-click happen, or a new player wasn't aware the fact that enchanted items can only have 1 stat altered, at an expensive cost, players may revert their mistakes. As it really takes time to farm some of the specific legendary items

Thanks
Reply Quote
I agree with this 100%. I recently made that mistake because I was unaware that it mattered which stat you rerolled in order to get the desired effect. I really hope they implement this :D
Reply Quote
agreed, fist of all "lack of information" for casual player a warning that "you wont be able to enchant any other stat of this item if you proceed" would be great. i was unaware that certain stat's can only be change to a limited choices of stat base on it, so i changed my secondary stat first, and now that i realized that it can't be enchanted again I'm stuck with it. please let us reset it, it's partly the dev's fault anyway so please at lease put a reset on it.
Reply Quote
Another thing that is wrong with this is that clicking on the (?) info icon in enchanting, and selecting the attribute to enchant itself, are separate. This increases the odds that someone can click on the (?), think that this is the attribute they are enchanting and these are the possibilities, and then attempt to enchant - with the wrong attribute selected. As happened to me last night. Boo hoo, I'll survive, but an honest mistake that a player must pay for permanently is a big issue that can ruin one's game.

Given the game philosophy that changes are allowed at any time, IE character specs, I don't see why the philosophy here is different (and without warning, no less). Full resets should be allowed at similar costs as any other enchant for a particular item, or at even greater cost if it's truly an issue. Having that safety net would make an entire playerbase feel better about any potential mistakes.
Edited by Qoma#1963 on 4/2/2014 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Agreed...I made a huge mistake (total noob mistake btw) by thining I could change a secondary stat for a socket...it wasn't until I tried it and noticed I couldn't even come close that I checked and realized I just screwed up an awesome legendary weapon...so now it is still awesome but not close to what it could have been...please let us reset these things and not for some crazy huge amount (or at least let us undo within like 1 hour or something to help correct mistakes).
Reply Quote
Yeah that is almost exactly what happened to me. I found what is both my favorite weapon and possibly the best weapon I've found so far, but it didn't have a socket. So I tried to re-roll bonus exp it gave or something for a socket, and have now completely ruined the item because it is no longer capable of having a socket. PLEASE change this Blizzard, I cry every time I see that item Q_Q
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Thanks for the constructive thread! I've seen this request come up in a few forums now and it's definitely a discussion that's been passed on to the appropriate warm bodies. :)

Out of curiosity, what would you feel would be a fair cost for resetting an enchant (given the idea that enchanting is designed to be a one-enchant-only kind of thing)?
Edited by Lylirra on 4/3/2014 8:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Draenei Priest
03/26/2014 05:27 PMPosted by Leon
I am hoping that the devs will consider implementing a feature to allow already enchanted item to be reset to it's original state ( i.e. allowing the item to be re-enchanted again on different stats ).

Most of the enchants I've done have been rather good. Hard to believe I know but there's a way to be smart about them. Anyway, you shouldn't get multiple tries at it if you don't like what you got for free. I suppose if you have to pay even more to reset it than you did to enchant it that would be fine. It is another enchant after all.
Edited by Eschaton#1854 on 4/3/2014 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Lylirra
Thanks for the constructive thread! I've seen this request come up in a few forums now and it's definitely a discussion that's been passed on to the appropriate warm bodies. :D

Out of curiosity, what would you feel would be a fair cost for resetting an enchant (given the idea that enchanting is designed to be a one-enchant-only kind of thing)?
Id say a forgotten soul would be enough. And if there is still time on the trade timer allow it to be traded
Reply Quote
Thanks for the constructive thread! I've seen this request come up in a few forums now and it's definitely a discussion that's been passed on to the appropriate warm bodies. :D

You are reverting the item to it's original state, it's not like you're changing multiple affixes at once. I feel that roughly 2 times the cost of enchanting (Without re-setting the enchant cost) would be reasonable.
Reply Quote

2 souls no additional gold cost, the idea of pulling gold out of the economy has gotten absurd most of us are not ah tycoons.
Reply Quote

Maybe a hug or two? Pay on the back maybe? Maybe slip the she devil 30k when no one is looking
Reply Quote

A legendary of the same slot.
Reply Quote

I think it should cost the gem equivalent of the original stat, as well as a normal white version of the item. If it doesn't have a gem equivalent, make it cost something else that includes the white item, such as gold or crafting mats.
Edited by Batman#1336 on 4/3/2014 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

This is great news!
No more than double what it costs for a regular enchant imo.
Right now I'm finding it hard to have enough gold for the things I want to do. I have plenty of mats though.
Reply Quote

Pay the sum total of all enchanting costs on that item so far.

So if you misclick and reroll the wrong affix, then realize immediately, it won't cost you much to fix.

But if you reroll your VIT+AR item 10 times to get your perfect AR+Crit Chance roll, then 2 weeks later change builds and decide you want VIT+Crit now, and hence want to reset the item back to the original and this time throw away the AR, then it will cost you a lot.

And if you keep switching the same item between your Barb and Wizard for different stats each time, it will get prohibitively expensive.
Reply Quote
Reverting an enchant should cost more than the original attempt. In my mind, at least 50% more.
Reply Quote
I would like to be able to spend, say, five to 10 forgotten souls, to be able to upgrade a legendary to match my current level. I sadly found a Thunderfury at 67, and while I love the weapon, the damage just doesn't compare to the rare I'm using.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]