Diablo® III

Recent Hotfix to Monk Passive Unity

Community Manager
Hey everyone,

We’ve recently implemented a major hotfix for the Monk passive, Unity. With this hotfix, we’ve capped the number bonus damage stacks provided by the passive to 4. This means the maximum amount of bonus damage that can be achieved with Unity by the casting player is 20%, which is still fairly powerful compared to most class passive abilities.

Unity’s design intent is to make players feel powerful when fighting side by side with their allies. The fantasy behind the passive is based on the idea that travelling with your Mystic Ally, follower, and other players can make you stronger and more adept at fighting your foes—which is great! At the moment, however, depending on your group make-up, the returns from Unity are vastly over-performing compared to other passives as well as other classes.

We know nerfs never feel particularly great, but with a singular passive standing so far above other abilities, we hope you understand why this was the appropriate action to take. We’re aiming to provide as much transparency and clarity on these kinds of changes as possible, and we’re thankful for your patience and understanding!
Reply Quote
Surely this didn't catch your eye then...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12296479577?page=1#10

Stop posting game secrets for Blizz to see people! ;)
Edited by Rookfire#1611 on 3/27/2014 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So what about those there Mighty Belts, please god fix it.
Reply Quote
I'm glad they took this approach for fixing it. Pretty much the best way it could have been handled. Preserves some potential for building around it while keeping things from getting too far out of line.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Thanks! Some things just need to be fixed ... not even really a nerf as it's extremely clear this passive was not intended to give 200% increased damage! :D
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 02:59 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Hey everyone,

We’ve recently implemented a [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]major hotfix[/url] for the Monk passive, [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/passive/unity"]Unity[/url]. With this hotfix, we’ve capped the number bonus damage stacks provided by the passive to 4. This means the maximum amount of bonus damage that can be achieved with Unity by the casting player is 20%, which is still fairly powerful compared to most class passive abilities.

Unity’s design intent is to make players feel powerful when fighting side by side with their allies. The fantasy behind the passive is based on the idea that travelling with your Mystic Ally, follower, and other players can make you stronger and more adept at fighting your foes—which is great! At the moment, however, depending on your group make-up, the returns from Unity are vastly over-performing compared to other passives as well as other classes.

We know nerfs never feel particularly great, but with a singular passive standing so far above other abilities, we hope you understand why this was the appropriate action to take. We’re aiming to provide as much transparency and clarity on these kinds of changes as possible, and we’re thankful for your patience and understanding!

This was expected, not even a nerf if you ask me. Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
Hey everyone,

We’ve recently implemented a [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]major hotfix[/url] for the Monk passive, [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/passive/unity"]Unity[/url]. With this hotfix, we’ve capped the number bonus damage stacks provided by the passive to 4. This means the maximum amount of bonus damage that can be achieved with Unity by the casting player is 20%, which is still fairly powerful compared to most class passive abilities.

mind fixing fists of thunder while you are at it? if it is cast on a mob that is moving the teleport doesnt work and you stand there hitting the air like a fool, in generally the monk really feels clunky and unresponsive since the 2.0 patch due to that, and him apparantly getting stuck in thin air every now and again.
Reply Quote
Silly WD's, with your pets and stuff
Reply Quote
So THAT'S why my damage was so high when I was grouped with a WD earlier.

It was jumping between 200k and like 290k a few days ago and I was like "the hell?"
Reply Quote
ever notice how it takes months to fix something that is a bug, like achievements or collision issues, or other glitches...but when it comes to OP stuff...

HOTFIX THAT $H!T ASAP!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
How about fixing the class that this expansion added.
Reply Quote
Wow, nobody rage-quit or threatened to cancel their pre-order. I'm impressed!
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 03:24 PMPosted by Seraphim
mind fixing fists of thunder while you are at it? if it is cast on a mob that is moving the teleport doesnt work and you stand there hitting the air like a fool, in generally the monk really feels clunky and unresponsive since the 2.0 patch due to that, and him apparantly getting stuck in thin air every now and again.

This

03/27/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Bassius
ever notice how it takes months to fix something that is a bug, like achievements or collision issues, or other glitches...but when it comes to OP stuff...

HOTFIX THAT $H!T ASAP!!!!!!!!

And this
Edited by Mordikye#1921 on 3/27/2014 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
which is still fairly powerful compared to most class passive abilities.

Exactly, now could we buff the Crusader?
Reply Quote
Yes, we knew this one was coming, Blue. No complaints here.

... But since you guys making changes to the Monk skills at the moment, you think you can get Mantra of Conviction fixed? It was still bugged to give only 6% damage bonus instead of the stated 10% last I checked. Apparently you can make these sort of changes as a hotfix. And after this Unity thing, you kinda owe us one :)
Reply Quote
Of course monk is first to be hit by the nerf bat, even though while buffed with 30 pets the damage still isn't comparable to a Wizard or DH.

At least we are still the best Melee class, poor barb and crusader :(
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 05:47 PMPosted by Kegsta
At least we are still the best Melee class, poor barb and crusader :(

:'(

I really didn't want to level my wizard but it's getting harder everyday. Monks are op too tbh, but I don't like playing in a group.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Gael
:'(I really didn't want to level my wizard but it's getting harder everyday. Monks are op too tbh, but I don't like playing in a group.
That was the beauty of Unity - you didn't NEED a group.

There are several items that add temporary follows - those proc'ed Unity. Having a mercenary added to it, as did Mystic Ally. You could get a +30%-40% damage bonus relatively easily just by yourself.

The real abuse was with WD pets. Wow... and yeah, that needed to be fixed.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 04:17 PMPosted by Shady
which is still fairly powerful compared to most class passive abilities.

Exactly, now could we buff the Crusader?

Crusaders are mostly fine. Only had this character for like 3 days and I'm already wrecking torment II. Just have to gear properly, packing 12k toughness in exchange for your damage and healing being garbage isn't going to get you anywhere.
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 03:56 PMPosted by Alpha087
How about fixing the class that this expansion added.

I have a friend playing the new class, and they are doing crits well over 10mil, and they love it, s few skills need fixing yes, but there are some great skills that do massive damage, but if you played it at 70 you would know this.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]