Diablo® III

Recent Hotfix to Monk Passive Unity

90 Draenei Shaman
Thanks for the fix, but now would you fix Inna's 4p bonus not triggering Unity... it really sucks to finally have it but still have to have a mantra on my bar :(
Reply Quote
WELP! back to Torment 1 again. Huehuehuehue!
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Bassius
ever notice how it takes months to fix something that is a bug, like achievements or collision issues, or other glitches...but when it comes to OP stuff...

HOTFIX THAT $H!T ASAP!!!!!!!!

Always! When it comers yo any ability or something cool its "hotfixed" But buffing the chests has to wait until next update. Bloody glorious
Reply Quote
LoL

Definitely a ridiculously OP passive. No wonder Blizz fixed it so quickly.

On the other hand, it takes Blizz ages (if ever) to buff all these UP skills and passives....
Edited by Wakeman#1773 on 3/27/2014 8:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 04:27 PMPosted by Demiwraith
... But since you guys making changes to the Monk skills at the moment, you think you can get Mantra of Conviction fixed?

I noticed the active bonus for conviction doesn't apply at all either - haven't got RoS but assume it's same for up to date standard D3.
Reply Quote
Giving the defensive mantras a DPS incentive in groups is kinda nice, actually. Makes MoC a strictly-solo mantra.

Gotta say, though, this is less something you gear for and more something you get automatically. Would have been nicer to see diminishing returns instead.
Reply Quote
Ahh -- got it. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
03/27/2014 03:16 PMPosted by Raticus79
I'm glad they took this approach for fixing it. Pretty much the best way it could have been handled. Preserves some potential for building around it while keeping things from getting too far out of line.

Indeed. I wish this consideration was given to more things in the game. It'd make it a lot less of a kick in the groin if we saw more carefully thought out fixes rather than what we've been seeing en masse lately.
03/27/2014 04:17 PMPosted by Shady
Exactly, now could we buff the Crusader?

Crusader has a +80% crit debuff and provide 100% up time of 3 stacks Nephalem Globes, and Time Stop for 8 second which are all too crazy sh!t to me!
Reply Quote
This nerf will reduce the usage of Mystic Ally and Unity in Group play.

For this reason, I think a better compromise would have been 5.

Obviously not a lot of thought was put in to this, typical for monk.
Reply Quote
Can you fix Dex being incredible underpowered compared to other classes primary stat? Thanks
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 06:19 AMPosted by Technospawn
This nerf will reduce the usage of Mystic Ally and Unity in Group play.

For this reason, I think a better compromise would have been 5.

Obviously not a lot of thought was put in to this, typical for monk.

Yeah, I don't normally use Mystic Ally. I only used it due to Unity. So in a full group I have no reason to use it, it frees me up to use something else which isn't all too bad. Not saying Mystic Ally isn't good, he's a good distraction for single player, but sometimes I want a different utility skill, or an oh snaps button. Especially for group play since the attention of mobs are 4 way at the least.

Edit: Oh yeah, one other thing. I hope they put it in the tooltip that it is capped at 4... you know, to follow this transparency thing they say they are trying to do.
Edited by NVD#1365 on 3/28/2014 7:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/27/2014 02:59 PMPosted by Nevalistis
but with a singular passive standing so far above other abilities

No polemics intended but:

One With Everything?

Heavenly Strength?
Reply Quote
ever notice how it takes months to fix something that is a bug, like achievements or collision issues, or other glitches...but when it comes to OP stuff...

its because finding a bug in code is hard. First you need to isolate what in-game is causing the issues, head to the code that handles that area, and search through it until you eventually find the cause, then you have to find a fix in such a way that doesn't cause more bugs.

for changes like this one, all they need to do is head to the part that handles that skill and change some values around (or in this case add a cap) which, while not easy, is fairly simple by comparison.
Reply Quote

ahhhhahaha, so much this.

And with there being no competition in this game, I don't really understand why?

If it was WoW then sure, because of "competitive" (lol) PVP and all that garbage. But I don't understand how these types of things take first priority over everything else in this game? Maybe dev team "Hotfix the fun away" has a better leader/more resources than dev team "lolfixthegame?lol" or something.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 10:12 AMPosted by Sajius
And with there being no competition in this game, I don't really understand why?

because when one passive is so overwhelmingly better than anything else in the game, it decreases the viable variety. youre crippling yourself by not using it. It would be like leaving a gear slot empty.
Reply Quote
ennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyjryjbyjytjunytkuytusyryueybujsntyuytunybiyudynuybfinryiriryibydnubykuntykinbfnynrubfiyminryiminymujyikmfyunkyujyjfymknujhkffhjyukmuyngkukkuyknfjyjfnnnn
Reply Quote
nnnnnnnyr
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]