Diablo® III

Next Expansion will divide the Nephalem

04/02/2014 03:37 AMPosted by Epicface
There is always the Kulle iption...path.
In diablo lore the hero is always fouled dupped to do something that thinks is write only to turn out its all a greater plan.

In d1 hero decides to showel the soulstone in his head.
In d2 we fail to protect the world stone.

Also remember that the mystic says that imperius will hate us for what we are gonna do...my wiz says that she does not think its possible for him to hate her more... then the mystic says you have no idea.

I dought she was talking about killing Maltheas as then Impirius was helping us and he wanted to stop Maltheas too... dough it was the when we kill matheas and dsstroy the stone. That is nkthing to fred about too it had to be done and the angles would have done it too.
So what are we gonna do to piss him so much??

None of that works.

Aidan was just an idiot, no reasonably intelligent person would think shoving a long crystal into their forehead was a good idea.

Letting Tyrael destroy the worldstone turned out to be a huge boon for the inhabitants of Sanctuary as it allowed them to return to being Nephelem and thus standing a chance at opposing Hell and the High Heavens. Plus it didn't really ever have any downside, other than blowing up the mountain, but who really cared about that? Some barbarians? Big deal.

Making Imperius angry isn't really much of a problem either. If he gets too unruly our character can just turn him over and give him a good spanking.
Reply Quote
The ending could be the nephalem sacrificing themselves to reborn the wordstone and to seal away the powers of hell from entering sanctuary. But at the risk of destroying all the nephalem's powers forever. It would basically be a no one wins sceniaro, or it could be like Spec Ops: The Line, where we are built up as a hero only to have it thrown back at us and tortured because of it.

I would like to see Trag'oul, And aid him in bringing about balance.

I think the next expansion will focus on us trying to rescue Leah, and probably facing diablo. For all we know we only saw the terror side of diablo, not all the powers of the seven lords of hell together. Maybe he learned some new tricks and he is no-longer diablo, but something more. We only saw diablo, not all seven.

There is always the Kulle iption...path.
In diablo lore the hero is always fouled dupped to do something that thinks is write only to turn out its all a greater plan.

In d1 hero decides to showel the soulstone in his head.
In d2 we fail to protect the world stone.

Also remember that the mystic says that imperius will hate us for what we are gonna do...my wiz says that she does not think its possible for him to hateaher more... then the mystic says you have no idea.

I dought she was talking about killing Maltheas as then Impirius was helping us and he wanted to stop Maltheas too... dough it was the when we kill matheas and dsstroy the stone. That is nkthing to fred about too it had to be done and the angles would have done it too.
So what are we gonna do to piss him so much??

None of that works.

Aidan was just an idiot, no reasonably intelligent person would think shoving a long crystal into their forehead was a good idea.

Letting Tyrael destroy the worldstone turned out to be a huge boon for the inhabitants of Sanctuary as it allowed them to return to being Nephelem and thus standing a chance at opposing Hell and the High Heavens. Plus it didn't really ever have any downside, other than blowing up the mountain, but who really cared about that? Some barbarians? Big deal.

Making Imperius angry isn't really much of a problem either. If he gets too unruly our character can just turn him over and give him a good spanking.

Without the world stone, this enabled the armies of hell to go on a rampage. Without the world stone Malthael turned to madness.

The Worldstone destruction is basically what caused all the problems that we are currently having.

If the worldstone was protected. Mathael would of never attacked humanity. Diablo would of never returned. Adria would of surely been screwed.
Edited by Calnor#1766 on 4/3/2014 2:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think it will go as follows: We will devise a plan to get rid of all the prime evils once more. Somehow we manage to piss off Imperius even more and we will have to fight and defeat him. In desperation Imperius joins forces (fuses?) with Diablo who will be the final boss of D3.
In the process Leah gets revived and Tyrael killed for dramatic effect.
Reply Quote
I think this topic divided all the nephalem (players) already ;)
Reply Quote
Why do people keep mentioning Leah? She is gone. Diablo used her just like he used the Dark Wanderer. Same thing with Baal/Tal Rasha, and Mephisto and that Zakarum guy (don't remember the name). Her body is destroyed, and her soul probably is too.

This is not Super Mario Bros. where you constantly rescue the princess. This is Diablo, and in this universe, people actually die and stay dead (Yeah, Cain is gone too).

edit: I don't have a problem with killing Tyrael. I HATE mortal Tyrael.
Edited by Grulo#1278 on 4/7/2014 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah something more nuanced than simple good or evil would be nice. Blizzard games have never given us multiple endings before, but it's still possible to get an ending where it is unclear whether our choices were good or evil, because we are forced to do evil in order to do good. Maybe let us possess Diablo this time instead of the usual corruption or infestation that happens in every Blizzard franchise.
Reply Quote
It's true that Blizzard set up the finale of this expansion quite flawlessly, which could lead to PvP being the core of the next xpac. If they go into full-WoWtard mode, this would be another a la Alliance vs Horde mechanic where players would side with either Heaven or Hell and duke it out in special "battleground" areas.

Story-wise, though, it could happen that Tyrael and co. discover that Nephalem are awakening one by one, but not all of them are as good or as altruistic as he had hoped. Since Diablo has also "respawned", so to speak, after Malthael was defeated, he would also appear to "dark side Nephalem" and urge them to destroy the Nephalem aiding Tyrael.

So in other words the Great Conflict will continue through each side's proxies, namely their respective Nephalem.

This might also mean that the Nephalem's original creators, Inarius and Lilith, will finally make an appearance.

Maybe because of the conflict going on with Nephalem vs Nephalem, the Necromancers will finally make their long-awaited debut as keepers of the truce between the two sides.

In Adventure Mode Tyrael also mentions Skovos. Apparently, the Horadrim he had sent there never returned, implying something is afoot in the area. If you can remember, Skovos Isles were supposed to be an area in Diablo 3 (concept art confirms this), but was later pulled out of the final product. Maybe they're going to revisit the locale in a future expansion.
Reply Quote
Mark it down. Leah will be reborn but as evil this time and hence we will have a Diablo 4. Think about it. If there is to be a Diablo 4 then Diablo 4 needs a new evil to carry the franchise on. If not then the last D3 expansion should be the end. Diablo 4: The Devil's Daughter
Reply Quote
Do a Diablo 1! The nephalem encases the evil of the lord of hell Diablo within himself and becomes the new Dark Wanderer. All the prime evils have been released which means Mephisto and Baal are also back. Baal has still done the most damage to the world as he tainted the Worldstone and it had to be destroyed. Honestly I hope for all the brother's return as well as the war to continue strongly after this with Hell "winning" due to the beat-up nature of Heaven as of this time. Also it was a weird move on Diablo's part to not attack Tyrael and Imperius in D3 when he was in heaven as those two are his most hated rivals in the wars, but yeah, I think evil will win somehow and that great destruction will roam in sanctuary as the nephalem will die and regular people will once again rise to become the new heroes that must defeat Diablo and his brothers. Or maybe a horadrim?
Reply Quote
I love this idea, but I'm curious if they pull an old page from their book and have the player character become diablo. Otherwise, how is diablo going to possess someone? I would love if he would possess imperious. There's already hate there, and then you would have to face both heaven and hell.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 02:07 AMPosted by Ishtar

I am a little more weary of Imperius than you seem to be. I remember going through pandemonium and him DESTROYING demons like they were nothing. I'm not so sure he will be an easy put down, especially if he teams up with Diablo.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 07:56 AMPosted by Grulo
Why do people keep mentioning Leah? She is gone.

Devs already mentioned bringing her soul back in the next expansion. I think her soul may have gotten released when Diablo fell off the crystal arch, the whereabouts of her soul in my opinion would be somewhere in hell, and we may have to redeem her soul.

04/07/2014 07:56 AMPosted by Grulo
edit: I don't have a problem with killing Tyrael. I HATE mortal Tyrael.

Ouch! I would jump in front of your blade for Tyrael. He is the sole reason the Nephelem still roam sanctuary!
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 08:49 AMPosted by norwen3
Also it was a weird move on Diablo's part to not attack Tyrael and Imperius in D3 when he was in heaven as those two are his most hated rivals in the wars,

It isn't so weird. Diablo is trying to turn imperious against the other angels. Imperious can be a seriously helpful ally to Diablo. In Diablo III: Wrath, Cain explains a situation in which Diablo faced Imperious and planted the seed of hate within him, and Imperious played right into Diablo's plan. Imperious seems to be a high candidate for final boss in next Xpac
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll put it here too. I think an idea of having it so you can pick to side with Hell or side with Heaven and destroy the other side. It's more D4 than expansion when you think about it and is a bit SW:TOR, but it would be interesting. Plus, they haven't done anything with a player character siding with Hell, so it would be a new idea too. And, if you're on the Hell side, you kill various angels, such as Tyrael and Imperious and so on. Heaven side would be a normal Diablo game with killing off the bad guys but some people like that.

As for Leah... eh. I'm 50/50 on her being around or coming back or saving her. I think she's completely gone too.
Reply Quote
I still don't see us ever siding with Hell.

The only villain in this series who has ever come across as a guy with a plan players could even get behind was Zoltan Kulle. And assuming he did come back. it would be like it is now, the Nephalem versus Creation and any powers that be (but with substantially more maniacal laughter).
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 08:36 AMPosted by Kveer
I still don't see us ever siding with Hell.

I agree it is hard to see because we never have, but that does not mean we never will. Nephelam have the choice of good or evil. I don't think with 13 million copies sold that 13 million Nephelam want to be "good".
Reply Quote
03/30/2014 02:34 AMPosted by Starblazer
Those options could include taking a pro-Heaven, pro-Hell, nephalem supremacist, or a fully good stance.

Dude, I just read that and I tried to sink my fingers inside the screen and buy that non-existant expansion.

The "Nephalem Wars" concept sounds great to me and I think things are set very well for that. It could explode the way you play if you could go one side with each character you have. I have characters that would side with Heaven, others that would go with Hell. To experience that and then integrate the multiplayer and PVP, with everything that we already have, would be, plain and simple, a perfect game.
Reply Quote
Just a spin

• Next expansion is the Death of Sanctuary, the Nephalem, The high heavens, hell and the evils
• Diablo is not dead, but is not aware that he is still alive.(like in a coma)
• In the final fight for humanity Tyrael tried to ascend to heaven to be strong enough to help the Nephalem. While ascending the Heroes make the sacrifice causing a massive explosion.
This explosion disrupted Tyrael’s ascent keeping him human but also making him immortal. Tyrael has aspects of his angelic sensory ability and can tell that diablo has awoken and needs to search and train new heroes. He is also the link to the past, the hero characters and the prime evils.
• Diablo: The Awakening, The next diablo game set thousands of years in the future.
• Sanctuary after time has been reborn into another world where magic’s influence is dwindling but the new discoveries of science, engineering have taken off allowing this new world to furnish.(blizzard styled steam punk theme)
• Characters are influences buy their ancestors of sanctuary and only have a small affinity with the Nephalem essence.(making the characters have to work hard to kill things and give massive longevity to the game.
• Diablo is the only evil that has awoken from his forced slumber. Realising that he has not got the same power he once wielded he must regain his strength from the past, adapt to the present and awaken the prime and lesser evil's to complete himself.(due to being trapped in the soulstone and not exiting as a complete being, but holds parts of the other evils which are the keys to awakening them).

Cant write anymore cause that would just kill a possible story. But I have the development lines and endings in mind.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 07:30 AMPosted by Grulo
Diablo should come back for the final expansion, and he should be victorious. That's the only way to redeem him. Think about it: he has been a complete joke for a while, with silly plans that never make sense, and always being defeated by the heroes.

I totally agree, but i believe it should be a player choice if he wins or loses.

Like you go to Hell to have the final Battle with Diablo, all the way to him, he tries to tempt you, and see things from his point of view (Lets remember the angels (except tyreal) wanted Sanctuary destroyed too) and you can either choose to Side with Diablo or stay loyal to the Angels.

Good Choice: You battle your way thought hell, the 6 great evils and then Diablo himself at the end. Maybe have a big fight, where you one at a time take on the Great Evils, and then Diablo. And when they realise they cannot beat you, they willingly combine, forming Tathamet. Who will be the Final Good Boss.

Bad Choice: You agree with Diablo, allowing the 7 great evils into your body. And you then go to war again the High Heavens themselves. Slaying all the Angels, and having a final battle with the Angiris Council, who after being defeated will like the Demons, sacrifice all of High Heavens and themselves to form Anu, to be the Final Bad Boss.

In the end, no matter which ending you take, all that is left is Sanctuary. And depending on the Good or Bad ending, the world is a place where Good or Evil Reigns.

---

No matter how we look at it, they can keep milking this game aslong as there are either Angels or Demons left, as they all have some form of hate towards Sanctuary
Reply Quote
They already have a storyline for the next expansion and even an Evil to fight, “GREED” the treasure bandits serve a great daemon lord known as Greed in the next expansion greed could send his Spawn out to gather the pieces of the now broken black soul stone in a bid to become the next Prime Evil.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]