Diablo® III

Your favourite part of act 5?

My favourite part was the Malthael boss fight, it was so intense. I loved it.
Reply Quote
My favorite part of Act5 was unlocking the Mystic.
Reply Quote
The start, when Malthael pwns Tyrael.
Reply Quote
All of it... Honestly... just loved it... Took about 9 hours for my first clear, which was also (to my knowledge) a full clear, or at least dang close to it. Wanted to do everything, so I knew what I was in for in future playing.
Reply Quote
Yeah, that ram was awesome. It took me a second to realize I was actually on a battering ram (I at first thought it was the door slamming against me for no reason, haha).
Reply Quote
I liked the plagued ruins, but the whole act was pretty sweet. A nice change.
Edited by HeavyDuty#1473 on 3/28/2014 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Going through the Westmarch Commons, clearing out the ghosts and reapers. I really like the look and feel of the zone. Also the Malthael fight. Malthael just looks and sounds like a complete badass.
Reply Quote
WESTMARC COMMONS!!!!

I cant express my love for those areas enough. The exteriors being random. The interiors being so classic medieval RPG... diablo 3 was in dire need of such settings.

I also love all those dungeons settings, from the caves on bloodmarsh, to the corvus ruins and plague tunnels. They are all immersive and beautifull.

I really cant decide which of the 3 parts of act 5 I like more. Pandemonium fortress is a blast as well. I just wish it was bigger in terms of raw area.

Briarthorn cemetery looks really beatifull but it just BEGS for dungeon catacombs... great miss there.
Reply Quote
my favourite is the ruins of corvus
Reply Quote
View profile
03/28/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Slaal
my favourite is the ruins of corvus

love this place too, though those shaman are a bunch of coonts
Reply Quote
The special event where you defend the angels and demons spawn from the contraption they are working on. It throws out fire that can kill you fairly easy if you dont hide behind the protection of the angels.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
When the Death Maiden Kasadya enters the Zakarum Cathedral to set up a Soul Crucible is one of my favorite parts. The way she breaks the door with (what I presume is) a soul harvesting implosion is pretty epic, and then to see the carpet of bodies just makes it all the more chilling and haunting.
Reply Quote
I loved the whole damn thing. From the moment you arrive in A5, mounds of corpses litter the ground. I would imagine that's what a city looks like after being under siege in a war.
Reply Quote
I love all of Act 5. The music and ambiance throughout the whole thing are amazing. I love all of the side areas in Westmarch.

End boss fight was awesome too, its about time D3 had an actual boss fight instead of a lets-just-get-through-the-story-so-kill-this-big-guy-that-does-less-damage-than-a-white-minion-snooze-fest.
Reply Quote
Pandemonium. I liked the ancient battlefield look and feel, with demon and angel corpses all around. I also liked the design of the subzones and dungeons.
Reply Quote
I really liked all of the side events. A lot of the side events in acts 1-4 seem bland but the Act five side events were great. The kid in the captains home was kinda funny. I also liked the events where traitors were trying to take advantage of the situation and you smash them like bugs. Very fulfilling.
Edited by ScattenGott#1305 on 3/28/2014 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The Covetous Shen side quest. I have a WoW friend who goes by the name of Shen so the achievements "Everyone Loves Shen" and "Shentastic" made her day. And her husband likes that I call Shen a fool in-game. :D
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Grimiku
When the Death Maiden Kasadya enters the Zakarum Cathedral to set up a Soul Crucible is one of my favorite parts. The way she breaks the door with (what I presume is) a soul harvesting implosion is pretty epic, and then to see the carpet of bodies just makes it all the more chilling and haunting.

WOW, Epic is it? Why do blizzard employees use that word, EPIC so much? I understand you like it, and you might have even had a hand in designing it. But is it really Epic?

:telling a story about a hero or about exciting events or adventures

:very great or large and usually difficult or impressive

:extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope

Most story telling on Blizzards part is not truly epic, it is good, but does it stand the test of time? Will you want to watch that multiple times, a hundred, a thousand? OR, will you after the 3rd or 10th time, be thinking, this animation is long, or not very cool for the Nth time. Only to exit the cut scene so you do not have to watch it again.

Too often things are interesting, or impressive the first time, the 2nd time, or a few times past that. How many times did you exit the cut scenes from D3V that you thought were EPIC the first time you saw them?

Really EPIC is it?
Reply Quote
Spoiler Alert !!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]