Diablo® III

Mighty belts?

Anyone else have this problem were about 3/4 of their belts are mighty belts, even though they aren't playing a barb? When my inventory is full (I pick up basically everything for mats) I generally have somewhere between 3 and 7 mighty belts. It's really weird.
Edited by Steven#1770 on 3/28/2014 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
why is it a problem

people only notice this because their are two types of belts

not like weapons

with 6 one hand and 6 two hand and 4 ranged

might belts as a class item will only have strength on them so you can still give them to a barb
Reply Quote
Not just mighty belts, but I'm finding a very large quantity of handbows and spirit stones. Consequently, virtually zero mojos or flails. Seems odd.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 09:54 AMPosted by Slaal
why is it a problem

people only notice this because their are two types of belts

not like weapons

with 6 one hand and 6 two hand and 4 ranged

might belts as a class item will only have strength on them so you can still give them to a barb

When every 3rd drop or so is a Mighty Belt it becomes obvious there's a problem with the RNG and items being given. I've found more Mighty Belts than shields over the last few days, even when I could in theory use a shield (Or give it to the templar) but I have no use whatsoever for a Mighty Belt. And when out of my full inventory (let's say, some 20-30 items) 5 of them are Mighty Belts all the time it's pretty much impossible for there not to be a bug. I shouldn't even be getting many of those to begin with, since I'm a demon hunter. Having 1/6 of my drops be such item is absurd.
Reply Quote
I know we're supposed to eventually get a item from a class other than the one we're playing. But things got crazy like pre loot 2.0...I'm getting sources, mighty belts, quivers with my monk and almost no fists and NO spirit stones.

There's a evident problem with it and I'm not asking for a immediate fix just an acknowledgement from a blue.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 10:31 AMPosted by Zyzz
im getting a lot of bows and mighty belts on my monk. also got a few legendaries that were not for my class. smart loot not so smart?

I fear they might have disabled or heavily toned down smart loot for expansion so that people don't gear up so quickly.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There's an issue in game right now that causes some items to drop a little more frequently than intended, and mighty belts are one of them. We plan on taking care of it, and we'll be sure to let you know when that happens. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, and keep fighting the good fight in Sanctuary!
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Grimiku
There's an issue in game right now that causes some items to drop a little more frequently than intended, and mighty belts are one of them.

Would ammys and rings be the others? Are you going to be nerfing gold drops as well? Thanks for the heads up on your very unclear post. Much appreciated.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 12:40 PMPosted by Shiven
There's an issue in game right now that causes some items to drop a little more frequently than intended, and mighty belts are one of them.

Would ammys and rings be the others? Are you going to be nerfing gold drops as well? Thanks for the heads up on your very unclear post. Much appreciated.

consider there is some info they might not want to share
Reply Quote
There's an issue in game right now that causes some items to drop a little more frequently than intended, and mighty belts are one of them. We plan on taking care of it, and we'll be sure to let you know when that happens. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, and keep fighting the good fight in Sanctuary!

Is that why both me and my friend had a Monster Hunter legendary sword drop from The Butcher last night on our first kill? Where's the fun in both of us getting the same exact item? I like to be jealous of his drops and vise versa.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 12:43 PMPosted by Cavar

Is that why both me and my friend had a Monster Hunter legendary sword drop from The Butcher last night on our first kill? Where's the fun in both of us getting the same exact item? I like to be jealous of his drops and vise versa.

Yeah my friend and I both got Schaeffer's Hammer from Malthael on the first drop.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 12:51 PMPosted by nEgativezEro
03/28/2014 12:43 PMPosted by Cavar

Yeah my friend and I both got Schaeffer's Hammer from Malthael on the first drop.

Something seems wrong about that. Hopefully they'll look into it.
Reply Quote
Fk mighty belts.. I have gotten 6 .. yes 6 of the same damned legendary ring "Band of Untold secrets" and SPOILER ALERT the untold secret is the ring is garbage. 3 Of the rings were from Loot 2.0 and 3 more since the expansion launched.

All of these legendaries yet I keep getting the same damned one over and over.
Reply Quote
I get lots of mighty belts. Very few rings and ammy's though. Mighty belts seems to be the only thing I get too much of.
Reply Quote
I'm awash in legendary rings. I don't have enough fingers for all of them!!!
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 12:40 PMPosted by Shiven

I actually want a new amy lol and gold for that matter, I need that precious gold!

I also agree that they need to be more transparent.
Reply Quote
This has been an issue for the past two years. I hope Blizzard actually fixes it for once.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Whats even worse is finding a legendary mighty belt, on my wizard.
gg smart loot
Reply Quote
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this mighty belt problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]