Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfixes to Legendary Items

Community Manager
Update 3/28 @ 5:20 p.m. PT: These hotfixes have been implemented and should now be live in all regions. Please note that you may need to restart your game in order for them to go into effect.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

• First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

• Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!

Please note that these hotfixes have not yet been implemented. Once the hotfixes are live, they will be added and updated here.
Edited by Lylirra on 3/28/2014 5:44 PM PDT
WOOOOOO, Sounds great!!

Does Kadala have a certain pool that legendaries drop from or is it the same pool that normal legs drop from? Some more clarification on what items Kadala can drop would be great.

I just hope that Kadala isn't the #1 way to farm for legendaries though. That would be bad and trivialize pretty much everything else.
Edited by MedinaTV#1267 on 3/28/2014 5:03 PM PDT
I like it. In the beta I always thought it was a mistake to reduce the drop rates from Kadala. Glad you guys recognize that now too!
It says proactive what does that mean?

*que* jessica simpson?
Good changes
Will the percentage to get legendaries be higher in higher torments? So for example: Torment 6 will give you 6x the chance to get a legendary than in Torment 1.

I feel like all people do (streamers, and myself included) just run torment 1, as the difficulty out-scales the rewards.
any chance you will be increasing the drop rate for the materials for reapers wraps?

as it stands i think its nearly impossible to get that item.
This is excellent news.
finally..... im only getting useless rares and cant continue
WHEN???
I really hope pushing further into torment will feel more rewarding than stagnating in lower difficulties since this is fundamentally the progression mechanism for this game.

Not sure how I feel about the gambling mechanic.
100 Tauren Druid
Is this like a "next Tuesday 4/1/2014" pipeline, a "haha it falls on April Fool's Day" kind of pipeline, or a "Soon™" pipeline?
03/28/2014 04:58 PMPosted by MedinaTV
WOOOOOO, Sounds great!!

Does Kadala have a certain pool that legendaries drop from or is it the same pool that normal legs drop from? Some more clarification on what items Kadala can drop would be great.

I just hope that Kadala isn't the #1 way to farm for legendaries though. That would be bad and trivialize pretty much everything else.

Yeah, because blood shards come out of absolutely nowhere and you automagically have 9 million of them, and you definitely DON'T have to do Rifts/Bounties to get them. That would just be dumb, I mean really who wants to have positive feedback loops where you do bounties to do rifts to get shards and gamble with them while doing more bounties/rifts?
Do it as fast as you nerf stuff pretty please :-)
OH GOD I JUST SPENT ALL MY BLOOD SHARDS AND GOT THE WORST DEAD MOUSE AMULET EVER.
Question,
Why not just add scaleable legendaries based on the difficulty you find them such as

Skorn
Elemental damage 1000-1400 Normal-Master
Elemental damage 1100-1500 Tor 1
Elemental damage 1200-1600 t2
Elemental damage 1300-1700 t3
so on and so forth so that as you increase torment Rather than getting same loot you can get better loot, so that progressing torments infact are all and all are extra loot tiers.
Bloodshards are CAPPED at 500!!! Dont forget that!! So dont spend TOO much
Does Kadala still give us only items with a value that is below torment?
I read this in a bluepost somewhere, hope there is a chance for "good" legends...

But still good changes! :)
When? Or Gieeeeef NAO!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]