Diablo® III

Upcoming Hotfixes to Legendary Items

Day 2. After 4 hours, a legendary drops. Two handed mace... and to the salv it goes.
omg what a bunch of crybabies here.
11 rifts t2 full pt = no leg GG RNG...
Edited by Szafka#2550 on 3/30/2014 9:55 AM PDT
Try normal,we farmed t1 for about 3h. get 3 leg,started then normal bounties 7 leg in 20 mins. wtf?
does the torment leg drop rate apply to campaign or adventure mode equally?
Edited by MenaceRx#1967 on 3/30/2014 10:05 AM PDT
03/30/2014 09:57 AMPosted by Spectral
Try normal,we farmed t1 for about 3h. get 3 leg,started then normal bounties 7 leg in 20 mins. wtf?

Ya I don't get it... I've been playing normal/expert and getting an ok amount of legendaries I guess (still no forgotten souls to reroll my possible upgrades...). I finally have the gear to try a torment 1 rift and after all the time to complete it there's still no legendary reward. Not even a crap one so I can get a forgotten soul out of it. This needs a huge buff.
03/30/2014 09:57 AMPosted by Spectral

normal drop rate is just as bad for me. 3+ hours between each.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright, here's what bothers me. No, it's not the drop rates per se. It's the fact that I don't feel the difference after this so-called "buff" has been implemented.

I've been getting about one legendary per hour (give or take) before the fix. I am getting about one legendary per hour after the fix. I was actually keeping a journal of what legendaries drop for me and when. The overall picture is the same; I cannot see the difference at all.

I don't know how to explain it, but I could think of a few ways to explain it.

* The buff isn't actually active yet OR it isn't working as intended. This is probably the best case scenario because it means it will be fixed eventually.

* The buff affects higher Torment levels much more than lower ones (disclaimer: I play T1 almost exclusively). This would match the original announcement... sort of. I don't have a T2+ capable character yet, so I can't verify whether this is the case. If so, this buff is a no-op for me right now but I will probably feel it in the future assuming the game holds my interest long enough to reach higher Torment levels.

(To illustrate what I am talking about here: imagine that T1 gets buffed from 0.001 to 0.0012, while T6 gets buffed from 0.002 to 0.01)

* The drop rate is way too low to begin with, so low that the "pity timer" kicks in almost every time. In this case a moderate drop rate increase won't be noticeable at all since it's completely dwarfed by the pity timer. That would certainly explain the suspicious regularity of my legendary drops, and it would also explain why I can't see the difference. It is also the worst case scenario because it would mean that the drop system is broken and we are basically running off a band-aid.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Er... 2 gold. We now return to our regularly scheduled legendary drops...

Edit: Yep, here comes another (useless) legendary. Right on schedule.
Edited by Cyanide#1687 on 3/30/2014 12:16 PM PDT
03/30/2014 11:28 AMPosted by Cyanidê
If so, this buff is a no-op for me right now but I will probably feel it in the future assuming the game holds my interest long enough to reach higher Torment levels.

I'm losing interest really really fast. This so called increase in torment has resulted in me getting less drops over a span of 20 hours. There simply was no noticeable buff or it does not apply to solo play.
I'm wondering if these people who are saying of the increase they've gotten is because they play groups not solo and that's where the supposed buff is.

It is noticeably WORSE for my solo play style.
My results thus far:

--> 1k shards used: 0 legendaries or set items looted

Maybe RNG just hates me that much...
Sounds like someone's desperate to increase purchases of ROS.

I bet that when the numbers come out (if they ever do release it), the purchases of D3ROS will be less than 50% of the D3V purchases.

I also bet that the purchases of D2LOD were more than 100% of D2V purchases.
PyroMunky
View profile

I kind of laughed a little when I found out about this hotfix earlier today after I had played for maybe 6-7hrs after work and literally found 3 legendaries. One from shards, a side grade source and a legendary shield plan :( ... I know rng is rng but the whole time I was playing I was thinking "holy !&$@ did they lower leg drops or what?"

first off guys we should all bow down to this man right here he has shard of hate clearly the most op man on this forum. nearly 80% of this forum is saying they are getting worse results in torment or even overall worse. not everyone here are trolls or haters most if not all of us love diablo.

now i may be wrong here but reason why blizzard isn't trying there best to satisfy the customers is because there is no more RMAH which in the past has made them more money after sales they sold you a item and now that is all the profit they are going to make so why in fact would they wanna try to keep you here at this point.

well one reason they might wanna keep you playing is for the next Xpac they plan to come out with which they would wanna try and keep as many Hard Core fans interested as possible, In which many cases will be still a great deal of people.

And well we can say also the bad points to this they have there money they could care less(not saying that its true or not but is possible)and well if they have so few players playing the game they can close down the servers and still profit (not saying they will just it is still possible). and truthfully they are not making anything from any other source other then sales.

i hope that my bad points are incorrect and that everyone here gets better RNG if in fact it is just a huge string of bad luck.

The other thing is can you call it a leg when you hit the safety net or get a 100% drop from boss for first kill or reset of quest, and do you consider leg crafting materials as leg as well to me none of those are legendary.
Edited by Icorus#1628 on 3/30/2014 12:22 PM PDT
Let's say they quadrupled the rate. So, on average, you would get 4 legs an hour. After a month of play, you'd have every leg you ever wanted and every property where you wanted it on every character with all the alternate builds and suits covered and could own T6. You'd be totally bored then. Nothing left to play for. Game over.

So, I ask you, if the above end-game scenario is your goal, how long should it take you to achieve it knowing the thirst to complete it will keep your interest? 3 weeks? 3 months? A year? Never? Share with me. It might help the devs set the drop timer a little more accurately.

To me, I think a 1 year time frame to accomplish all that would be ideal and I should be advancing in TOR difficulty every couple of weeks per character played. It should take at least a month to achieve ONE optimal gear build and a few more weeks to have multiple build options playing casually (2-3 hours a day).
Stop putting vitality and only vitality as the stat on legendary items I find on my DH

Seriously this !@#$ is annoying.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/30/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Corgon
Let's say they quadrupled the rate. So, on average, you would get 4 legs an hour. After a month of play, you'd have every leg you ever wanted and every property where you wanted it on every character with all the alternate builds and suits covered and could own T6. You'd be totally bored then. Nothing left to play for. Game over.

A straw man fallacy. Bad form, man. Bad form.
03/30/2014 12:58 PMPosted by Cyanidê
03/30/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Corgon

A straw man fallacy. Bad form, man. Bad form.
\

I would rather this than never find anything then quit.
03/30/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Kabookie
Stop putting vitality and only vitality as the stat on legendary items I find on my DH

Seriously this !@#$ is annoying.

Can't reroll it?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/30/2014 01:14 PMPosted by supertact
I would rather this than never find anything then quit.

The reality is that there are dangers on both sides. Too much loot and people get too powerful too quickly, lose interest and stop playing (I've been there myself so I don't think that particular argument is completely bogus). Too little loot and people become frustrated, don't find the game fun anymore, and then stop playing. The trick is to find the balance between these extremes.

I would argue that ROS hasn't found that balance yet.
03/28/2014 04:58 PMPosted by MedinaTV
WOOOOOO, Sounds great!!

Does Kadala have a certain pool that legendaries drop from or is it the same pool that normal legs drop from? Some more clarification on what items Kadala can drop would be great.

I just hope that Kadala isn't the #1 way to farm for legendaries though. That would be bad and trivialize pretty much everything else.

The drop rate is still low. Just not 1 in 100 mill turn ins. I used 4k shards got 2 and they were crap. Its not often they buff something lets not get it re nerfed to were its worthless to use
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]