Diablo® III

[DH Info] + CA, STRY, LTNG Build + BiS List.

04/01/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Berserk
andariel visage should not be better? than a yellow? 20% fire dmg

Personally I'd use Andy's over prides fall. I haven't got my hands on prides fall to see how affective it really is, because obviously 30% reduction is huge, but I feel like we are getting hit so often by unavoidable damage or being tickled by an attack that does so little we don't notice it, that it would be down quite often.
Reply Quote
Do not go for MS on gear. At lvl 200 Para where you can max out on MS. You can use the 2 MS rolls on your gear to get better stats. Got a pair of boots with MS but no CA damage? Sure, wipe that MS away. The amount of difference 250 Dex vs potential DPS rolls on your MS gear far outweighs the paltry Dex boost from para.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 09:38 AMPosted by TastySouP
Personally I'd use Andy's over prides fall. I haven't got my hands on prides fall to see how affective it really is, because obviously 30% reduction is huge, but I feel like we are getting hit so often by unavoidable damage or being tickled by an attack that does so little we don't notice it, that it would be down quite often.

Yeah i need to try PrideFall too . . . but find rly hard remove my andy from my head ^^ :P
Reply Quote
I think Pride's vs Andy's especially at this point is more of a perference, endgame who knows, there are just so many different combinations.

Personally I am rarely getting hit so the pride's fall rocks, the reduction just lets me spam endlessly even with minimal cost reduction rolls and spamming vault like I have legacy nats equipped due to the cindercoat synergy.

Not to mention if the buff is up punishment costs next to nothing, it's just so good for low to average difficulties.

Andariels is just insane damage output, so if your getting by without the pride's I can see the appeal.

In the end, it's damage vs utility but that's just my opinion.
Edited by eLeeT#1461 on 4/1/2014 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Can someone explain to me about pride's fall? It says it found in act 3 bounty from TC, does that mean doing adventure mode in act 3 or is it from the chest you get at the end?
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 08:49 AMPosted by nirgon
Pants - Mr. Yan's

Stutter step ftw

Wow those pants do sound amazing. How long does your damage/regen stay buffed after each movement?

OP: you might mention going for %grenade damage mods on your belt+pants, unless I'm mistaken in believing that boosts the damage of the secondary grenades from CA.
Edited by alienangel#1427 on 4/1/2014 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Berserk
andariel visage should not be better? than a yellow? 20% fire dmg

The buff is pretty easy to get up if you're not playing Solo - pull monk+singularity Wiz + random 4th (wd is nice for all the pets) really cuts down on the amount of stuff you need to dodge, even with smoke screen. Problems just come up for:

a. bad affixes like vortex and the new instant-damage lighting thing, and reflects damage
b. if you're in a rift where the default mob-type is one of the really annoying ones, like these meteor and charge guys from A4/A5. This is just constant pain.

On average it's up enough that I don't run with any other cost reduction from gear, and only a little from Paragon (had to dump most of that paragon section into LoH).
Reply Quote
I'm still working on my gear, and learning the build, but I'm just wondering why you have 150 listed as the hatred cap? I have 160 hatred with Blood Vengeance and 10pts through Paragon. Is it only because 150 is the cap without resorting to using Paragon for more?
Reply Quote
Best in slot list is fully completed and should be REALLY ACCURATE!
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 04:59 PMPosted by Vaskania
I'm still working on my gear, and learning the build, but I'm just wondering why you have 150 listed as the hatred cap? I have 160 hatred with Blood Vengeance and 10pts through Paragon. Is it only because 150 is the cap without resorting to using Paragon for more?

Default Cap is 125, +Blood Vengeance is 150, max out Paragon as well is 175(I have not tried this ever so I may be wrong)
Reply Quote
thread should be fully completed, any other BiS secondaries I missed will be listed once notified.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure the best possible build is:

Helm: Marauder's
Shoulders: Marauder's
Bracers: Reaper's Wraps
Gloves: Magefist
Chest: Cindercoat
Belt: The Witching Hour
Pants: Marauder's
Boots: Nat's
Amulet: Any with proper rolls. (Refer to Rolls Section)
Rings(1): Ring of Grandeur
Rings(2): Stone of Jordan
Weapons: Calamity + Nat's
Reply Quote
you can't equip 2 sojs, legendary items are uniques so you can't have more than 1 equipped.
Reply Quote
Hello all. I wanted to get the community's thoughts on something I've been struggling with for the past few days. I only recently started playing my Demon Hunter, and based on this thread it appears that the absolute best in slot gear for CA spam contains some legacy items. For instance, Angelstar is using an absolutely beautiful Dead Man's Legacy with perfect Cluster Arrow reduction:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Angelstar3-1466/hero/941433

Which I cannot ever see being replaced. And of course, there is the legacy SoJ with CA reduction. I cannot really see a way to replace these two items, and am having to come to terms with never having an end-game Demon Hunter. Is anyone else concerned by this?
Edited by darkc#1774 on 4/1/2014 9:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
75% is an approximation best; I have not dotted the "i"s on my numbers - just wanted to be sure the nuance of the % and typical pieces was brought up.

possibly royal ring with Captian crimson (pants + boots = 3pc 10%) & sash of knives (8%) takes it further

up time with LFB using a 2h xbow approaching 9 seconds is quite adequate
(175 hate / 13 cost * 2aps - 5 regen) =

I don't think one in-practice really ever will need a cost of < 10 (over 75%) as other avenues of regen will suffice better than going for > 75%

04/01/2014 09:12 PMPosted by darkc
I cannot really see a way to replace these two items, and am having to come to terms with never having an end-game Demon Hunter. Is anyone else concerned by this?

no - those of us who wanted to use LFB since vanilla did what we could to make it viable like getting the DML and SoJ with -5 and we tried with grenadier, maybe a maras, maybe a skull grasp but in the end most of us (most) gave up and just went with spike trap and RF

the tremendous up time now in 2.0 comes at a cost - generally sought after eDPS as well as toughness. there is a limit to how much you can output for X seconds before simply having access to hatred regeneration. reapers + blood vengeance is damn powerful.

but most of us stacking -CA gear don't have it all assembled yet.
the vanilla gear is just what we already had

As soon as I can get a fire soj I will replace my vanilla as I do not want to break with my nat ring, the DML probably is here to stay but only because of some number crunching that has shown me 15% cluster < 20% fire due to AD
Edited by zoid#1554 on 4/1/2014 9:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 08:17 PMPosted by Sanctum
I'm pretty sure the best possible build is:

Helm: Marauder's
Shoulders: Marauder's
Bracers: Reaper's Wraps
Gloves: Magefist
Chest: Cindercoat
Belt: The Witching Hour
Pants: Marauder's
Boots: Nat's
Amulet: Any with proper rolls. (Refer to Rolls Section)
Rings(1): Ring of Grandeur
Rings(2): Stone of Jordan
Weapons: Calamity + Nat's

Credited, tweaked BiSs list and edited thread with other stuffs.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/1/2014 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 09:12 PMPosted by darkc
Hello all. I wanted to get the community's thoughts on something I've been struggling with for the past few days. I only recently started playing my Demon Hunter, and based on this thread it appears that the absolute best in slot gear for CA spam contains some legacy items. For instance, Angelstar is using an absolutely beautiful Dead Man's Legacy with perfect Cluster Arrow reduction:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Angelstar3-1466/hero/941433

Which I cannot ever see being replaced. And of course, there is the legacy SoJ with CA reduction. I cannot really see a way to replace these two items, and am having to come to terms with never having an end-game Demon Hunter. Is anyone else concerned by this?

It's a nice little 'perk' for people who stuck around with DH before RoS came out, as well as were informed enough to do their research and predict upcoming build trends and prepare items accordingly. They are getting justly rewarded, I see no problem with this.

Anyway, it's not like infinite CA is literally impossible without legacy items as well. I had the full set and have since phased all but the legacy SoJ out (it's still best in slot), and still maintain infinite CA just fine. Pride's Fall, Reaper's Wraps, run Blood Vengeance if you have to, there are many avenues to arrive at the same outcome.
Reply Quote
View profile

I just got one, and it synergizes pretty well with Awareness. I have pretty much 100% uptime on it barring reflect/thunderstorm. The fact that it reduces the cost of non-fire skills as well, including vault, punishment, and smokescreen is a very nice perk also.
Reply Quote

I do T3 Solo /T3 Group Rift speed clears almost always when I can, I know most Affixes timings pretty well and preemptively use Smoke Screen to dodge/drop aggro at the start, which is dirt cheap with pride's fall active. After 3-10seconds CAspam on elites/champs things usually die anyway. I get at least 80% uptime in all my runs(the buff icon is really helpful). Stuff like reflect and whatnot are just not avoidable, esp if you just want to nuke down stuff quick. I rarely ever run out of hatred when Pride's Fall is active, even after spamming about 10CAs, 1 Punishment gets you going again.

TL:DR Pride's Fall makes things really efficient when it is up esp with lots of Disc.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/2/2014 3:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 02:44 AMPosted by SSmashedBros

I just got one, and it synergizes pretty well with Awareness. I have pretty much 100% uptime on it barring reflect/thunderstorm. The fact that it reduces the cost of non-fire skills as well, including vault, punishment, and smokescreen is a very nice perk also.

I am running Awareness with Pride's Fall as well, if I wasn't using Pride's Fall I would have to use a regen passive like Blood Vengeance so it's not like I'm losing a passive slot that would be for dps or something - plus you get the defensive benefit from Awareness as well.

It's really not that hard to avoid getting hit I feel, it does make you pay a bit more attention to how you engage mobs and I think it's an interesting thing to have to deal with. Similar to hexing pants which gives you a disproportionately good buff but you have to pay the tax of having to move constantly, haha.

It will fall off immediately if you hit something with Reflect Damage though, since reflected damage counts - and instant affixes that can't be dodged like Frozen are annoying as well, but generally I have enough of a buffer with prep/bat/seethe that I can coast through such situations without any loss of efficiency. On a plus side, there are some ground effects that don't knock the buff off despite doing damage to you, desecrator is one and so is molten - plague however will remove the buff.
Edited by Myon#1319 on 4/2/2014 3:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]