Diablo® III

[DH Info] + CA, STRY, LTNG Build + BiS List.

04/02/2014 03:00 AMPosted by Skyline
TL:DR Pride's Fall makes things really efficient when it is up esp with lots of Disc.

i knew this ^.^ but I didn't know this ↓↓↓

04/02/2014 03:00 AMPosted by Skyline
(the buff icon is really helpful)

which makes a biggg difference

04/02/2014 03:58 AMPosted by Myon
I am running Awareness with Pride's Fall as well,

my other concern and this just my stubbornness coming into play, is that I don't have any defensive skills or passives slotted, so I'd be taking a damage hit in some way for PF to be up consistently i think, I'm getting fairly proficient at stepping so it might be enough to deal with things. I would also lose the phys bonus on my andy's and my build doesn't really cost a lot of resources either, I am in the CA build thread though >.< Either way I really need to get my hands on one and try it out.

thanks for the pointers everyone (>^.^)>
Reply Quote
Feel free to add me Soup, i always have time to spare, would be well spent helping people farm!

Also, thanks to all who contributed to the thread, I should have all contributions in and credited.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/2/2014 5:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
All sections edited once more, should be more clear.
Reply Quote
I have questions about re-rolling and when you take %to fire or % to cluster over another stat.

For example I have the following gloves

Magefist
16% Fire Damage
464 Dex
392 Vit
Attack Speed 6%
Crit Chance 10% <-- This was my re-roll

However I also have the following yellow gloves

571 Dex
Attack SPeed 6%
Critical Hit Damage 48%
Crit Chance 9.5%

My yellow gloves give me close to 60k more DPS with my other stats. Is 60k dps worth the 16% fire damage?

Then I have a SOJ
19% lightning Damage
464 dex
434 Vit
28 Against Elites

Do I reroll the lightning to try to get fire or is it trash cause it has no other stats?

Another example is my Helm, what do i reroll on it? Reroll cluster arrow or reroll the area damage?

Helm
636 Dex
6 CC
17 Area Damage
12% Cluster Arrow

If I rerolled the area damage into a socket I could put a diamond into it for resource reduction.

is 97 all resist or 440 vit better to reroll to crit? I need a damn 1 all resist = X vit guide or something.
Edited by Blackedout#1129 on 4/2/2014 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Calamity is nice in a full group, but in all other situations I'd take my 2-pierce Buriza and Emimei's Duffle (Bolas explode instantly) over any of the weapons mentioned in this thread.

Also, don't forget about Harrington Waistguard. It's easily the best belt in the game.
Reply Quote
@Blackedout

What is your sheet DPS with Magefists and how much +fire skill damage do you already have on your other gear?

I think it's worth rerolling the SOJ to fire unless you plan to pick up a lightning spec. It's not easy to farm for SOJs (rings cost 10 shards to gamble).

On your helm--note that diamonds give cooldown reduction not resource reduction. The socket is still nice for an amethyst, or you could shoot for a high vit roll.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 11:45 AMPosted by Vorph
Calamity is nice in a full group, but in all other situations I'd take my 2-pierce Buriza and Emimei's Duffle (Bolas explode instantly) over any of the weapons mentioned in this thread.

Noted and credited Vorph, added a PS note to gear section:"Use whatever weapon you like, the ones listed below are my favorites."
Reply Quote
Amazing guide!

I am loving the CA build, only real thing i am missing is Pride's Fall and Reaper wraps. Even without those i can easily do t2-3 and t4 in a rift group and not feel completely useless!
Reply Quote
@Blackedout

Glove situation: I would personally use Magefist if you have decent CC and CHD. I also have a very similar rolled Magefist.

CHD% or +FIRE%: Having good CC%, CHD% and FIRE% all affect eachother.
I am not too sure about a straight comparison between CHD% and +FIRE%.
I would use the CHD% roll over +FIRE% if I had +50%FIRE.
I would +FIRE% if I had good CC% and CHD% (+50%CC and +500%CHD).
CALLING MATH WIZARDS.
^Recently added section.

I wouldn't reroll the SoJ, unless you just have extra imperials around or really really rich.
You might get a better SoJ drop. +FIRE would be my choice if CC% is over 50.

Helm, i would def shoot for a high vit roll.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/2/2014 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 06:21 PMPosted by AlvarieFrost
Amazing guide!

I am loving the CA build, only real thing i am missing is Pride's Fall and Reaper wraps. Even without those i can easily do t2-3 and t4 in a rift group and not feel completely useless!

Appreciate it! Drops come in time, my Pride's Fall took 2 days of bounty farming. Happy farming!
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 09:03 PMPosted by Pierrot
you can't equip 2 sojs, legendary items are uniques so you can't have more than 1 equipped.

Thnx Pierrot, fixed and credited.
Reply Quote
The things I would do for a sticky.
Reply Quote
Great stuff, none of the gear yet but I just love CA.
One thing, and not about your build but your profile. Is it bugged? You have the ring but not the second set properties of blackthorn. Or does the ring not work on non class specific gear.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 01:44 AMPosted by Aspirine
Great stuff, none of the gear yet but I just love CA.
One thing, and not about your build but your profile. Is it bugged? You have the ring but not the second set properties of blackthorn. Or does the ring not work on non class specific gear.

The Ring reduces the amount of set pieces down by 1, BUT you to have a minimum of 2 set pieces.

Example. You have a Nat's Sight(Helm) piece and a Ring equipped you will not get the 2 SET, however if you have a Nat's Sight and a Nat's Boots you will get the 3 SET.
Reply Quote
@Blackedout Here's a very rough comparison I posted earlier
Point for point, 1% of average base damage dps (not sheet dps affected by attack speed) is worth more than 1% fire damage. So for example
Amulet 1
50-100 dmg
600 Dex
9% Crit
85% Crit dmg

Amulet 2
15% Fire dmg
550 Dex
9% Crit
80% Crit dmg

Amulet 1 will be worth more if the sheet dps between the two differs by 15%. Very barebones example. Just note that attack speed is not valuable as a damage stat when it comes to skill damage.

I kind of follow a rough rule of thumb that 1% sheet dps (no attack speed) is worth about 1.5% elemental. So you'd need +6.6% sheet dps to = 10% fire dmg. Not sure, I don't delve too deep into math.

Just look at it like this
100,000 avg dmg + 10% sheet dps = 110,000 avg dmg + 60% fire dmg = 176,000 dmg
100,000 avg dmg + 75% fire dmg = 175,000 dmg

So in this rough case, 10% sheet dps was worth more than 15% fire dmg
Reply Quote
Thnx for clarifying Ephex, credited!
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 04:33 PMPosted by alienangel
you might mention going for %grenade damage mods on your belt+pants, unless I'm mistaken in believing that boosts the damage of the secondary grenades from CA.

I think its for the skill only. Confirmed skill only. (by blue post)
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/3/2014 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The cindercoat works so good with this build I'm using one that dropped for my wiz. So worth it.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 05:37 PMPosted by Skyline
04/01/2014 04:33 PMPosted by alienangel
you might mention going for %grenade damage mods on your belt+pants, unless I'm mistaken in believing that boosts the damage of the secondary grenades from CA.

I think its for the skill only. Confirmed skill only. (by blue post)

Ah, good to know, thanks!

But the Grenadier passive applies to CA? Or just to CB damage?
Reply Quote
Grenadier passive works for CA, Belt and Pant +Grenade skill does not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]