Diablo® III

[DH Info] + CA, STRY, LTNG Build + BiS List.

would someone mind sharing with me all the short forms.

no idea whats CA to begin with
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 11:57 PMPosted by Snotplugs
would someone mind sharing with me all the short forms.

no idea whats CA to begin with

Errr mind listing the terms that confuse you?

BiS = Best in slot
CA = Cluster Arrow
LfB = Loaded for Bear rune variant of Cluster Arrow
SoJ = Stone of Jordan
CC = Critical Hit Chance
ChD = Critical Hit Damage
AS = Attack speed
Reply Quote
adding to thread!
Reply Quote
Request for sticky!
Reply Quote
massive massive update to thread, if there are mistakes please kindly point them out for me to update. remember, i am spending my farm time adding to the thread! :)
Reply Quote
I plan on using 2-piece of the Aughild Set, 2-piece of the blackthorn set and 2-piece of the nat's set with the royal ring from act 1. This will give me a lot of +damage to elites and -damage from them as well.

On top of that I want to have a 3rd piece of blackthorns and nat's sitting around to hit the 4-piece bonus from them as needed in higher difficulties. Depending on how well it does (if I even get it) I may even swap out my danetta's for Nats/Calamity for the nats 4-piece full time. Never seen any Nat's drops however.
Reply Quote
Can you help me with your knowledge lol.
Recently i dropped this Calamity :
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img24/643/n1ue.jpg

I am really in a dilemma what stat to roll for the socket..?!
Vit or Hatred regen? ( i got 372k hp, and 5.23 hatred regen without it equipped and my current xbow doesnt use any of these stats so its safe to judge).
Edited by Heldor#2282 on 4/5/2014 1:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sockets
You will get more stat value from DEX Gems.
Vit/Life% if you need the life.
All resists gem ONLY if you have less than 500 All Resist.
All Resists suffers from diminishing returns starting at around 500.
Resists preferred roll on items that can roll sockets, socket Vit if you need more hp.

i disagree here.
i dont know of any diminishing returns for all resist. all resist increases your toughness by the factor : 1 + AllResist / 350. so if your toughness with 0 allresist was 1m, then every 350 allresist will increase ur toughness by another 1million.
also i wouldn't socket vit. most 70 legs can get up to 500 vit (some slots even 750) or 100 allresist. max sockets are 78 allresist vs 280 vit. so for more toughness id rather socket allresist and replace some allresist affixes with vitality.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 01:37 AMPosted by Vaynard
i disagree here.
i dont know of any diminishing returns for all resist. all resist increases your toughness by the factor : 1 + AllResist / 350. so if your toughness with 0 allresist was 1m, then every 350 allresist will increase ur toughness by another 1million.
also i wouldn't socket vit. most 70 legs can get up to 500 vit (some slots even 750) or 100 allresist. max sockets are 78 allresist vs 280 vit. so for more toughness id rather socket allresist and replace some allresist affixes with vitality.

AR DOES SUFFER FROM DR.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/5/2014 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
pride's fall uptime tip, try using Fan of Knifes runed with Fan of Daggers, combined with strongarm bracers mine has 29% DMG taken on knockback. I have Danetta's set so vaulting into a pack then stun + knockback with Fan of Knifes and blow stuff up taking no DMG!
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 11:59 AMPosted by Tetra
This is unreadable. You really need to consolidate this information into easy to read paragraphs that are well thought out and move from topic to topic in a logical sense.

This seems more like a list of random thoughts, and is not a "guide". It does not "guide" me anywhere, or how to do anything with my character. It is random and incoherent.

I will take some time to make further improvements to the thread. editing takes time.

I am also sorry for mentioning guide, this should have been, from the very beginning, a resource thread.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/5/2014 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 12:10 PMPosted by DeynaSilaqui
Having a sticky for a FotM build is beyond retardation and cluttering.

Can't make everyone happy, im doing what i can-editing every day, slow improvements.

I am requesting the sticky, not for the build, but for the returning/new players that need a place to get started on a simple, cookie-cutter, build.

It does not matter if most of this information can be considered basic and easy to figure out.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 02:10 AMPosted by Skyline
04/05/2014 01:37 AMPosted by Vaynard
i disagree here.

AR DOES SUFFER FROM DR.

AR does not suffer from any diminshing return. The function returns the same EHP value per point at any amount of AR. The % mitigation goes down per point because as % mitigation increases each increment becomes more effective.
Reply Quote
redid the socket topic, should be no more argument over this topic!
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/23/2014 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Lots of updates coming in today, doing as much clutter cleanup as I can.
Reply Quote
Windforce + Strongarm?
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Resonare
Windforce + Strongarm?

added and credited.
Reply Quote
Skyline: first of all, congratulations on the awesome work you've done with this thread. Do not listen to the retarded idiots saying this is a waste of time - it most definitely isn't. If people don't want to benefit from the advice in the thread, they can just stay away and click elsewhere =).

Some quick comments:

1) I have seen people using Unity ring and equipping their followers with another Unity. They claim this guarantees almost 100% up time on Pride's Fall's bonus. Apparently, only freezing skills / ground area skills remove the bonus if you use Unity Ring. This needs confirmation (I only have one piece, so I can't do it), but I believe it could be something worth mentioning in the guide.

2) Why did you remove the other equipment lists, leaving just Marauder's + Nat's? All the other variations served slightly different purposes / play styles, I think you should put them back =). To be honest, I don't even think Marauder's + Nat's is the strongest possible combination.

3) Have you considered doing this for other builds, such as FoK / Kridershot EA? Your work here is great, I believe this could become a very handy go-to guide for DHs if you can afford going through the trouble of organizing information from the most used / viable builds of the class.

Anyway, thank you for everything so far!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]