Diablo® III

[DH Info] + CA, STRY, LTNG Build + BiS List.

04/06/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Shuugo
2) Why did you remove the other equipment lists, leaving just Marauder's + Nat's? All the other variations served slightly different purposes / play styles, I think you should put them back =). To be honest, I don't even think Marauder's + Nat's is the strongest possible combination.

3) Have you considered doing this for other builds, such as FoK / Kridershot EA? Your work here is great, I believe this could become a very handy go-to guide for DHs if you can afford going through the trouble of organizing information from the most used / viable builds of the class.

Considered adding the other BiS lists back, but i think clutters the thread up a bit, pretty sure people can figure the combos out themselves just the BiSs listed.

As for other builds, maybe.
Reply Quote
Skyline: IMO, you should try to start using other tools of visual hierarchy to separate things. The boards are sorta limited in terms of visual resources, and that could be contributing to the clutter some people have been complaining about. When the information is well displayed, no matter how much of it you put there, people will be able to read it nicely.

Examples of what could be done:

<<<( TITLES LIKE THIS )>>>

---[ Topics Like This ]---

1. Subtopics with numbers like this

2. And this

And then again, you could also think about moving all of this to a Google Docs file to keep it more tidy, and just link people to it.

As for the other combos, I still think they should be there, but let's see if others have anything to say about that =) I could not be speaking for the majority of players here.

Again, thanks for your efforts!
Reply Quote
I'vce found that my uptime with prides fall has risen to well past 75% on higher torment levels now that ive found a chanon bolter - I recommend this as a bis weapon should anyone else want to maximize the bonus.

I've tweaked my build a bit to work with it as well, and overall kill time has increased - using spike trap:long fuse ( for both the extra 2 seconds of taunt time and the fire damage) instead of mark, bolas: imminent doom (again fire damage and those mobs are sitting still for a few seconds) , and one passive for engineering.

I take the boar along on those difficulties, which also gives me a back up taunt for when an elite manages to slip past the trap (happens every now and again).

I thought at first I was going to give up kill speed for sustaining power, but it ended up allowing me to drop toughness stats for dps ones and increase both in the end. Win Win.

I'm still tweaking gear, but Chanon Bol;ter is bis for a weapon imho, and alllows for this tweaked variation on the standard CA build to survive higher Torment.
Edited by Sanctum#1800 on 4/6/2014 6:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Shuugo, might work in the bis lists back tonight, ill be working on layout throughout the week.

@Added Chanon Bolter to list.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
Found a Harrington Waistguard. Holy cow that thing is good. I misread the legendary affix and almost salvaged it because I thought it was 15% damage increase. Not sure if it is intended, but it's not only chests that trigger it. Corpes on the ground also apply the bonus.
Reply Quote
Is the 4 piece Marauder's set bonus worth giving up Pride's Fall/Andariel's Visage/Hexing Pants? I have the pieces but never bothered rerolling them to be usable as the bonus didn't really appeal to me. They would be quite weak since we stack fire damage and CA, no?
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 06:26 PMPosted by Airutra
Is the 4 piece Marauder's set bonus worth giving up Pride's Fall/Andariel's Visage/Hexing Pants? I have the pieces but never bothered rerolling them to be usable as the bonus didn't really appeal to me. They would be quite weak since we stack fire damage and CA, no?

The 4pce Marauder's set is considered BiS because of all the Ultility- you get the 10% MS from Ferret, the amazing boar tank resists, the wolf cd, the 1hatred per second and 50hatred on activation.
Having the wolf and boar to tank/hug the mobs is also really great. I would highly value of this ultility over using Pride's Fall, Andy's and Hexing pants.

As for Pride's Fall it is a great helm if you can keep the active up, but higher torments can make that extremely difficult.

As for Andy's i would say the ultility will be more useful than the +20percent fire, even though more +fire is always good. The same for hexing pants.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/7/2014 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote

The 4pce Marauder's set is considered BiS because of all the Ultility- you get the 10% MS from Ferret, the amazing boar tank resists, the wolf cd, the 1hatred per second and 50hatred on activation.
Having the wolf and boar to tank/hug the mobs is also really great.

As for Pride's Fall it is a great helm if you can keep the active up, but higher torments can make that extremely difficult.

As for Andy's i would say the ultility will be more useful than the +20percent fire, even though more +fire is always good. The same for hexing pants.

Yeah I understand that but.. having the ferret just allows you to spend a less paragon points on MS, bat passive is underwhelming compared to Hexing Pants generation, so I feel like the only bonus to it is the boar and the 50 hatred activation (although... usually would be at full hatred when using wolf companion, personally anyways) and some insignificant damage. I guess it would be probably "better" than Andariel's or Pride's Fall.

Though I have a question to those who actually have the Hexing Pants... the 25% bonus damage is an extra *1.25 that doesn't stack with anything else? If so, wouldn't it be like having a permanent Wolf activation?
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 06:43 PMPosted by Airutra
Yeah I understand that but.. having the ferret just allows you to spend a less paragon points on MS, bat passive is underwhelming compared to Hexing Pants generation, so I feel like the only bonus to it is the boar and the 50 hatred activation (although... usually would be at full hatred when using wolf companion, personally anyways) and some insignificant damage. I guess it would be probably "better" than Andariel's or Pride's Fall.

Though I have a question to those who actually have the Hexing Pants... the 25% bonus damage is an extra *1.25 that doesn't stack with anything else? If so, wouldn't it be like having a permanent Wolf activation?

Use whatever you are comfortable with, having gear being Best in Slot doesn't particular mean you HAVE to use them. BiS just means they are generally the more balanced route to go.

Also.. updated skills section, should be more detailed and helpful :D
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/7/2014 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 01:46 PMPosted by Shuugo
1) I have seen people using Unity ring and equipping their followers with another Unity. They claim this guarantees almost 100% up time on Pride's Fall's bonus. Apparently, only freezing skills / ground area skills remove the bonus if you use Unity Ring. This needs confirmation (I only have one piece, so I can't do it), but I believe it could be something worth mentioning in the guide.

Confirmed to work. adding to thread soon.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/7/2014 9:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Major Layout update done. Refinement will come within the upcoming days.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/7/2014 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Really informative thread. Thanks so much for putting this together.
I was looking at the neck slots and I think the Rakoff's Glass of Life (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/rakoffs-glass-of-life) has a lot of good synergy with Blood Vengeance and Reaper's Wraps for spawning more health globes. And the best part is the effect is secondary so you can still roll all the great stats on the neck slot we want.
Edited by Eisenefaust#1936 on 4/8/2014 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Thnx Eisenefaust, totally forgot about that ammy, adding to thread!
Reply Quote
Any layout mistakes regarding spacing between topics and subtopics should be cleaned up by tonight. More topics/details will be added the instant I receive more info.

If any question comes unanswered from thread, please post if you feel it is a topic that should be in the thread.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/8/2014 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a lvl 60 hexing pants but from my experience, any frame that you stand still makes your damage go down so I don't think it's really that good, only for Strafe builds.
Reply Quote
Layout updated, should be better to find topics and subtopics.

Spacing update in progress.
Removing some underlines as well.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/9/2014 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just popped in to say that this guide is by far the most useful and well written I have seen in a very long time, I tip my cap to you good sir.
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 03:03 PMPosted by Tubz0rz
Just popped in to say that this guide is by far the most useful and well written I have seen in a very long time, I tip my cap to you good sir.

My many thanks kind sir, glad I could help!
Reply Quote
doesnt using the quiver archfiend arrows (8%elite dmg + 15%CA dmg) beat dualwielding?
because everybody seems to dualwield
Edited by Bamboocha#2648 on 4/10/2014 3:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice! I am aiming for a good CA setup. But I am a bit low on CC and I need Maruders pants.

Also looking for any ways to improve from you experts ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]