Diablo® III

[DH Info] + CA, STRY, LTNG Build + BiS List.

a lot of DH's say IAS is the least valuable stat. I think it's a very important stat bc it helps generate hatred faster. Any opinions? I have tried many builds, and the ias build seems most effecitve
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 04:18 AMPosted by London
a lot of DH's say IAS is the least valuable stat. I think it's a very important stat bc it helps generate hatred faster. Any opinions? I have tried many builds, and the ias build seems most effecitve

With Blood Vengeance, Reaper's wraps and Punishment your resource is almost infinite if mobs die quick with globe drops.
With MultiShot:Suppressive Fire to replace the generator slot for a cycle build with Punishment it makes it so both resources never run out, unless you really get bad mob density for Multishot to regain your disc back.

AS is also least valued because most of the gear that can roll AS can roll Resource reduction, which is the stat this build depends on.
AS isnt bad if you can sustain your resource with full time CA spamming.
AS is wanted only for builds that require an AS breakpoint.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/11/2014 3:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 03:49 AMPosted by Bamboocha
doesnt using the quiver archfiend arrows (8%elite dmg + 15%CA dmg) beat dualwielding?
because everybody seems to dualwield

shameless selfbump
Reply Quote
damn skyline your build is sexy :)
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 06:13 AMPosted by Scholtnutz
damn skyline your build is sexy :)

Say that to Philos, he is the genius behind this build. :P
Reply Quote
I know I am changing a lot of things looking at this thread! I'm not happy the server is down, but in a way I am, because I would not have looked over this forum otherwise. I actually just got the mats last night to make my reapers wraps, so I'm looking forward to crafting those once I am in game! I just wish some upgrades would drops ffs!!!
Reply Quote
Hey great guide first of all. I had a question.. would you recommend Aughild's Helm+Shoulders or taking Pride's Fall helm + shoulder? I really want that 15% bonus to elites but im not sure if its worth losing Pride's Fall. Opinions?
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 10:48 AMPosted by x3dl33
Hey great guide first of all. I had a question.. would you recommend Aughild's Helm+Shoulders or taking Pride's Fall helm + shoulder? I really want that 15% bonus to elites but im not sure if its worth losing Pride's Fall. Opinions?

I would sooner drop Reaper's Wraps to get Aughild's bracers + shoulders than lose the glorious Pride's Fall buff
Reply Quote
Do other people agree Pride's Fall is more beneficial than Reaper's Wrap? I've been really enjoying the Blood Vengeance+Reapers combo but I have yet to get Prides Fall to test it out.
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 04:45 AMPosted by Skyline
04/10/2014 04:18 AMPosted by London

With Blood Vengeance, Reaper's wraps and Punishment your resource is almost infinite if mobs die quick with globe drops.
With MultiShot:Suppressive Fire to replace the generator slot for a cycle build with Punishment it makes it so both resources never run out, unless you really get bad mob density for Multishot to regain your disc back.

AS is also least valued because most of the gear that can roll AS can roll Resource reduction, which is the stat this build depends on.
AS isnt bad if you can sustain your resource with full time CA spamming.

But, you're dependent on globes. When you run T5+ you need to spam your skills on even normal monsters. Don't think that build is sustainable.
Reply Quote
Thanks Skyline and everyone who contributed to making this guide. It has totally turned around my enjoyment of playing DH for the better. I do have one question, I don't see any reference to having Life per Hit on any of the items. Should the healing stats be limited solely to the secondary stats like life after kill ,etc?

Thank you again for putting this together!
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 12:33 PMPosted by London
But, you're dependent on globes. When you run T5+ you need to spam your skills on even normal monsters. Don't think that build is sustainable.

Yup, Torments 3-4 seems to be the most efficient for this build because everything will die in less than 10seconds.

The health scaling from 4 to 5 is pretty huge, 5 to 6 even more, may take some variations with the build/gear to make it doable, but it will still be hard to efficiently clear T5-6.
Reply Quote
04/10/2014 08:09 PMPosted by Zimms
Thanks Skyline and everyone who contributed to making this guide. It has totally turned around my enjoyment of playing DH for the better. I do have one question, I don't see any reference to having Life per Hit on any of the items. Should the healing stats be limited solely to the secondary stats like life after kill ,etc?

Thank you again for putting this together!

Well, I think at the rate monsters will be dying with this build/gear (t1-t4), globes should be sufficient enough and the secondary health stuff shouldn't matter, otherwise Healing Vapors will come in. I'll cook up a "Health Sustain/Secondary Stats" section within the week!

As for secondary stats that you want to help with health sustain, pickup radius would be preferred then +health globe life and life after kill.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/10/2014 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The layout update really helped the readability of the topic. Nice work there!

Couple more suggestions:

1) use Quotes as a resource for separating topics, it'll be even easier to read through the thread. Example: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11986398637#1;

2) create a "Credits" section at the beginning (or end?) of the guide, and keep the contributions / who said what there. I personally don't really mind about being mentioned for what I could help with, but I think that in general, people will feel more compelled to share information if credit is given where it's due. It gives more of a "community effort" feeling to the guide I believe, plus it helps with clutter.

These things are just small details though. Keep up the great work. This is definitely one of the most valuable resources in this board right now - I hope you can gather enough motivation to start a similar thing with other builds =).
Reply Quote
@Shuugo

Great tips, I will surely do more editing this weekend.
Reply Quote
Hey Skyline I'm a bit confused, you say to socket all resist or vitality, yet you have some dexterity gems. Is there a rule of thumb of how much HP and all resist you are supposed to have for each torment? Great guide by the way, thank you for putting it all together and of course to those who contributed.
Edited by Artryafe#1967 on 4/11/2014 2:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/11/2014 01:56 AMPosted by Artryafe
Hey Skyline I'm a bit confused, you say to socket all resist or vitality, yet you have some dexterity gems. Is there a rule of thumb of how much HP and all resist you are supposed to have for each torment? Great guide by the way, thank you for putting it all together and of course to those who contributed.

You will be aiming for at about 4 rolls of All resist on gear and with perfectionist you will have around 700 which is pretty good, stack Vit in sockets with life% modifiers for more eHP. Should be good for T4 farming.

Around 7mill toughness.
Edited by Skyline#1952 on 4/11/2014 3:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
layout updating in progress along with some wording updates.
Reply Quote
I'd suggest creating update notes inside of a spoiler tag at the top of the guide to keep track of what has been updated and when. It'll be nice for reference and so I don't have to reread the entire guide to see what has been updated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]