Diablo® III

Legacy Triumvrate is still your friend

The 3 elements from Triumvrate (if you're using a black dmg weapon of course) trigger 3 elements from Elemental Exposure. If you use a cold spell that's a 20% buff instantly. GG
Reply Quote
Unless legacy Triumvirate somehow behaves differently than legacy Frostburns, this is not true.
Reply Quote
Elemental Exposure procs from even your weapon damage element, so wouldn't it make sense that elements applied to your attacks also proc it?
Reply Quote
03/29/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Pwn
Elemental Exposure procs from even your weapon damage element, so wouldn't it make sense that elements applied to your attacks also proc it?

Skills convert your weapon's element to that skill's element. This conversion fix was done to physical damage skills, and it applies to other element skills as well.
Reply Quote
Maybe it would make sense, but it's not how it works.
The elements are not actually applied anyways (unless you use wand attack, in which case you will get the EE stacks) because all skills convert the element(s) of your gear to the one they are inherently dealing.
This "Elemental damage from your weapon" thing is a special case they implemented. And it just happens to not include the legacy elemental affixes.
Reply Quote
Wrong, I tested this using my tal rasha set using black weapon with legacy triumvate throw my FO on a mob only ice comet fell. if this was true all meteor will drop.
Reply Quote
It won't proc the tal's set, I know this, but it seems to proc the elemental exposure. I suppose I should test it further. Tal's set doesn't proc from your weapon dmg so it's not a good test.
Edited by Pwn#1595 on 3/29/2014 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/29/2014 11:58 AMPosted by apo
This "Elemental damage from your weapon" thing is a special case they implemented. And it just happens to not include the legacy elemental affixes.

Is there a blue post on this? Would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
I don't think there is a blue post.
If you don't believe me, just try it out for yourself. The EE symbol gets brighter with more stacks.
Reply Quote
Symbol? Where?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
When you use EE there will be a debuff icon hovering above affected monsters.
Reply Quote
This does not display for me ever, does it need to be enabled?
Reply Quote
Lol ok health bars were covering it up. That's the most retarded icon ever, why not use the actual icon for the passive? Each ele could light up with the type applied. Come on Blizz...
Reply Quote
Ok so yeah maybe it doesn't work, my bad. I was all excited lol. Still a good source though.
Reply Quote
I agree, the effect is really lackluster in giving you an idea of how many stacks you have a monster.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]