Diablo® III

Audio Cutting out

Since upgrading to Reaper of Souls, my sounds keep cutting out. When the music reaches a certain point, it just cuts out and all sounds restart. If there a dialog line going on, it gets interrupted.

I have a 2011 iMac:

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Reply Quote
I'm also facing this issue. Regardless what settings I changed, nothing happens
Edited by SledgeHammer#1338 on 4/1/2014 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yep same here.
Reply Quote
I just started getting this issue after upgrading to a new iMac. It was not happening on my old iMac. I have tried doing a Scan and Repair of the game files, but it did not find any issues.

Specs of new computer:
Model: Late 2013 27" iMac
Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Anything appear in console.app when audio cuts out? this is a diff issue than usual memory related freezes and corrupt graphics. I know generally when audio acts up one of the first thing coreaudio does is spits out tons of errors into system.log

I often get audio errors after watching flash videos all day (I'm confident flash has some kind of bug in it with not releasing audio channels, so after a while you start to see audio clip errors, which results in stuttering audio and loss of audio very often in Diablo and world of warcraft i've found).

I want to see if you have these clip errors in console.
Reply Quote
There aren't any errors from CoreAudio at all, and nothing else related that showed up at the same time that the audio was cutting out/restarting.
Reply Quote
I am coming to this thread very late but I had this exact same problem. I just bought D3 and ran it on my Mac for the first time and the audio constantly cut out.

My mac is Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013, i7 with the Nvidia GT 750M. Using the console I saw this reoccurring error popping up related to LogMeIn, which has a sound driver as part of the software. I closed LMI using the icon in the finder bar at the top and my audio is now no longer cutting out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]