http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329703286?page=12#235
For patch 2.0.5.24017 changes, start here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329703286?page=7#132
Updated the spreadsheet with 2.0.5 information - corresponding post:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329703286?page=10#191
Crusader information that I researched so far:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329703286?page=12#222

---

I´ve managed to compile my knowledge of game mechanics into a spreadsheet format for those who are interested in attaining a bit more in-depth information. Put it to good use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Avxzyy5pHlsZdDZoVzNQeVl3XzA3bExpdk5yTVdaV1E&output=html

> share the knowledge with others
> ask game mechanics questions if you don´t find the answer in the spreadsheet
> post spreadsheet-related feedback
> point out data mistakes you may find
> theorycraft and optimize gameplay

Note that I try to update the spreadsheet when something new comes up and I find the time, so check out the "updates" tab every once in a while.

This may not be the best place to ask about item affixes and how they work, because I may not have access to the item in question, so I won´t be able to test its behavior. Also, item affixes haven´t really been the focus of my research so far except for a few chosen ones that are reflected in the damage formula.

Thankfully, there is a great collection of legendary effect information over in the Wiz forums by Kanjihack, which also includes some of my own findings:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12187048616

If you´re interested in Wizard-related game mechanics and other useful information that may not be covered by my spreadsheet, definitely read apo´s amazing compendium (Wiz sticky):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8770117237

If you´re interested in Monk-related game mechanics, check out Druin´s thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12506331470

----------------------------------------------------
-----------TABLE OF CONTENT-----------
----------------------------------------------------

Active Skills
> exact skill weapon damage
> skill proc coefficients
> general skill information
> specific rune information
> main hand / alternates hands
> skill frequency
Passive Skills
Damage Formula
> weapon: base, +damage, average, enhanced, adds to element, +elemental weapon damage
> skill weapon damage, strength
> damage increased by skills: punish, maniac, battle rage, insanity, berserker rage, brawler
> damage increased by skills: skill bonuses on gear, legendary affix bonuses
> separate: ruthless, no escape, elemental skill damage, elite bonus, demon/beast/human bonus
> attack speed formula
Fury Generation
> taking damage, autoswing, mighty weapons master
> animosity, unforgiving, IK3 set, inspire, fury degeneration
> superstition, sword and board
> threatening shout, war cry, reaper´s wraps
Healing
> potion, life regen, life per hit, fury heal (life per fury spent), life after each kill
> pound of flesh, health globes, grim harvest, birthright, swords to ploughshares
Crowd Control
> juggernaut, CC reduction, CC on hit, skull of resonance
> frozen, nightmarish, jailer, knockback
Damage Mitigation
> innate class damage reduction, armor, resistance
> threatening shout, ignore pain, relentless, superstition
> elite, melee, ranged damage reduction, block
Armor
> innate on gear, +armor, strength, nerves of steel
> tough as nails, war cry, iron impact, paragon armor bonus
Area Damage
Experience Formula

Surprising information I came across:
> spear/dagger solo equipped or with a shield shield grants a ~10% multiplicative ASI bonus to non-chain weapon/spear throws
> dragging spear runes have a 1.2x faster base throw frequency than others
> slaughter snapshots damage bonuses upon transformation
> area damage may proc on each DoT tick
> main hand skills don´t affect alternating skills (which weapon was swung)

Gear tab
> level 70 stat rolls on legendary tier gear
> elemental skill damage bonus gear
> specific stats slot list: crit chance, crit damage, attack speed, area damage, cooldown, resource cost, health globe healing bonus, life regeneration, life per hit, life after each kill

Please remember that I´m not all-knowing nor infallible and there might be even undocumented changes occuring under the hood at times. If you find that something doesn´t work in the game as described in the spreadsheed, please report it here with as many specifics as you can and I´ll look into it.

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 6/11/2014 3:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Nice work, thanks for putting this together!
Reply Quote
Ty, much respect.
Reply Quote
View profile
Nubtro = godliness thank you for all your hard work. Come and play on the Americas server and join Aspis. Many familiar faces here :)

"Respect The Shield"
Clan Ασπις http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/passive/sword-and-board

We Are The Banned of Gamers
Reply Quote
There's a mistake :

Diamond in helm doesn't give Ressource Cost Reduction but CDR.

Anyway GJ and thhx a lot.
Reply Quote
View profile
Wb. Surprised at the rate of response. Everyone too busy farming cache.

Damn blizzard must be Damn proud now.. it's finally playing the game more than the forum lolol
Reply Quote
Welcome back. As always, invaluable information.

This forum can't survive without you.
Reply Quote
Nubtro, you are a living ancient. We are blessed to have you! Thank you so much for this!
Reply Quote
View profile
BTW nubtro... is frenzy sidearm coefficient same as others? I always felt it's higher. I'm imagining? Same with hota / devil anvil.

I remember u mentioned it somewhere.... hrm
Reply Quote
Amazing Nubtro! Thanks again for the hard work putting the info together for the masses.
Reply Quote
On Crit effects: Rend doesn´t proc on crit effects.

really?
Reply Quote
Good stuff Nubtro. Glad to see all info in a single sheet. Damn neat!
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks for sharing the knowledge :)
Reply Quote
03/31/2014 01:45 PMPosted by Pipryat
There's a mistake :

Diamond in helm doesn't give Ressource Cost Reduction but CDR.

Anyway GJ and thhx a lot.

Thanks, was an oversight. Fixed it.

03/31/2014 11:21 PMPosted by zapro
On Crit effects: Rend doesn´t proc on crit effects.

really?

Hey man, I´ve spent some quality time on this. I can confirm that there is the visual bloodshed explosion from the initial rend crit tick but I´ve yet to see any actual bloodshed damage done to nearby enemies. I recorded even zoomed in and kept track of monster health bar numbers, all the usual stuff...

I should probably formulate it as "doesn´t proc bloodshed damage despite visually displaying the blood explosion on the intial tick". I´ll look into it again. One of the mechanics that has been bugging me since I tested it.

03/31/2014 05:47 PMPosted by Lightofeast
BTW nubtro... is frenzy sidearm coefficient same as others? I always felt it's higher. I'm imagining? Same with hota / devil anvil.

I remember u mentioned it somewhere.... hrm

I´ve personally tested each coefficient and each skill damage per tick (hit). 0.75 for all Frenzy runes and the piercing axe returned 0 health = 0 proc coefficient.

Devil´s Anvil tremor on the ground doesn´t deal damage, doesn´t return life (per hit) but for some reason it may lower the overpower cooldown twice (well 3 times total including the swing). Here I´m just stating what I saw, the "why" should be targetted at devs. Logically speaking, it should not proc anything without a proc coefficient.

Devil´s Anvil was 0.08 in patch 1.0.8 and Smash was 0.8, both were changed to 0.667. This implies Smash no longer hits a smaller area, but there is no way for me to reliably test the yard radius of skills. Umm I could gather 50 mobs around me and see how many take damage but that´s too much work lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
Anyway good to know u are back again.
Reply Quote
View profile
(>^^)>
Reply Quote
got ur email, haven't had time to look

but I'm sure it's good info as usual

and yea

wb air nubtros
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 02:50 AMPosted by Nubtro
Hey man, I´ve spent some quality time on this. I can confirm that there is the visual bloodshed explosion from the initial rend crit tick but I´ve yet to see any actual bloodshed damage done to nearby enemies. I recorded even zoomed in and kept track of monster health bar numbers, all the usual stuff...

I should probably formulate it as "doesn´t proc bloodshed damage despite visually displaying the blood explosion on the intial tick". I´ll look into it again. One of the mechanics that has been bugging me since I tested it.

Slaughter.
Reply Quote
I've missed you Nubtro. *Bro hug*

Help me with threatening shout and superstition vs elites/rift boss new bag of tricks?
Some hit way harder and it was leading me to believe some where actually physical, similar to i believe it was fire chains and mortar?

I also swear you had a good writeup about threatening shout vs elites ground effects but all i've been able to dig up is here-say and theory .

One day i will master the slow-mo feature and that frame by frame goodness.
One day i'll get more time for it as well >.>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]