Diablo® III

[BUG] Reapers Fear (Reapers Wraps) FAQ

Since the only blizzard post about the reapers fear bug is a wrong and misleading CM post in the "Bug" section, here is an FAQ about the Reapers Fear Issue :

What is Reapers Fear ?
Reapers Fear is a legendary crafting material. Its used by the blacksmith to craft the legendary item Reapers Wraps

What is Reapers Wraps ? Is it usefull
Reapers Wraps are legendary bracers. Reapers Wraps follow the boring 4/2 system like every single legendary in this game but they have a unique legendary affix that makes them very good for some classes/builds : Health globes restore 25–30% of your primary resource.
The "8 properties" in game guide is a typo

Cool ! How do i get the plans ?
Its a 100% drop : Malthael's first kill. There is no problem with the plans.

What is the problem then ?
The crafting material "Reapers Fear" can only drop drom Malthael if :

- You are lvl 60+ and its the first time you kill malthael with this character
OR
- You are lvl 60+ and you kill Malthael after a "Quest Reset" (remove all story progress and replay the story mode from act 1)

IF you are in case 1 or 2 you have ~10% chance to get a Reapers Fear along your guaranteed legendary item.

But a CM post said the drop rate was "too low". Can i get it if i farm A LOT without "First Kill" or "Reset Kill"
No. The CM is clueless and this information is misleading. If its not a first kill or reset kill you have 0% chance to get it no matter how hard you try.

Are you telling me that i have to play the whole campain for 3 to 6 hours for a 10% shot ?
Until its fixed. Yes.

Any information about a Fix ?
Its Diablo 3 dude, not Path of Exile.
Edited by Shin#1720 on 3/31/2014 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Has this been hotfixed? I saw it listed somewhere as a priority fix a few days back
Reply Quote
No, its been stated that it is on their "to-do list"
It will be hotfixed soon (tm)
Reply Quote
good to know, i was just farming him 25 times. got a leg from it though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got the Reapers Fear* legendary crafting mat on my THIRD kill on Malthael while in adventure mode. Just saying.
Reply Quote
I have been killing maltheal for 12 hrs on t1 and still no reapers fear. Killed him over 200 times. Thank you blizzard for misleading information that drop is too low actually it's zero!! I'm so pissed you can't fix so simple thing as drop chance.
Reply Quote
it will be fixed soon guys
just like resplandescent chests, 2 handers, pvp, etc.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 06:25 AMPosted by jotacekm
it will be fixed soon guys
just like resplandescent chests, 2 handers, pvp, etc.

How about legendary shield block amounts? and the extremely elusive Ascendent Shield which has a near 0% chance to drop from weapon stands/armor stands.. Also required in crafting said broken shields?
Reply Quote
Cr#P... I just spend approx. 4-5 hours doing all the quests again after a reset - and Malth. only dropped a set item, which is useless to me. No wraps what so ever. :(
Reply Quote
I've killed Malthael 8 times under the circumstances of case 1 and 2, and still not a single drop.
I refuse to use 3 hours for another chance to get those blasted bracers. It's simply not worth the time.
Reply Quote
I did a reset as well over past fews days and still no fear, I am assuming this is not fixed yet?
Reply Quote
they fix "exploits" and the runs everyone is doing in an instant but they cant fix a dammed drop rate...
Reply Quote
So i think i was very lucky to get one. :)
Reply Quote
guess i dont have to go kill him again again again :D thx for info
Reply Quote
thank god i found this.... i assumed it was fixed with the buff they did to legendary materials, but i guess not!
Reply Quote
Hey Lylirra,
Is the drop rate on the legendary from Malthael fixed now? or is that one still bugged?
Reply Quote
03/31/2014 10:55 AMPosted by Shin

Cool ! How do i get the plans ?
Its a 100% drop : Malthael's first kill. There is no problem with the plans.

This is not true. My first time through was my Crusader playthrough, from Act 1 all the way through Act 5, to unlock adventure mode. Malthael didn't drop the plans, OR the material. I Didn't get the plans until I went through a second time, on my Demon Hunter, in which case, I got the plans and a set of bracers, but no material.
Edited by Mediave#1416 on 4/7/2014 6:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I get the material 3 times the 3 times I get a "first kill" , reset 2 times plus the first time.

You can do all acts in normal difficulty in 1 hour dude.
Reply Quote
You're apparently missing how many people have stated that even on first kills and resets, they still aren't getting their drops.
Reply Quote
Well, actualy they said they are gonna fix mat rates. I guess this tuesday maintenance it gonna be fixed, hope that. gl
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]