Diablo® III

ENCHANTING A SOCKET TO WAND....

90 Pandaren Priest
Alright, I rarely post on forums when i have an issue in game such as this. But it is absolutely out of hand if I am truly able to add a socket to my Chantodo's Will Wand. As of now I have wasted over 25+ forgotten souls on this.

Now i am aware of RNG, I play wow too. But I am starting to feel as though the "possible properties" tab is incorrect in stating i can add a socket to my wand. I actually am NEVER even getting any other properties apart from + xxx-xxx DMG. No AOE Damage, No Fear on Hit, nothing at all. JUST + DAMAGE...

Why is this. is the proc chance on a socket just incredibly low or am I wasting mats due to an incorrect tooltip

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Reply Quote
You have to pay attention to WHICH stat you are trying to swap. Not all stats give a possibility of a socket. click the ? next to the stat you wish to reroll to see the possible outcomes.

That being said, I know 100% it's possible to Enchant a socket on a Chantodo's Wand, cuse I have one and got the socket roll on my first try, :P
Reply Quote
Took me 11 rolls to get the socket on my Skycutter, RNG sucks sometimes and other times you get it first go, it just hurts a lot more with legendaries.
Reply Quote
Took me about 10 times to get a socket on my Shard of Hate. Took me 3 times to get it on my Butchers Sickle.

You win some, you lose some.
Reply Quote
I am still tryin to reroll my amulet, 30++ goin ...

and yes, it can roll crit hit dmg instead of vit!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I am looking at the possible stats, I just don't understand how it can give me

+ xxx-xxx DAMAGE over and over and over again with no other variables. I feel like it's bugged. This screenshot is from attempt 30 now, i have seen absolutely nothing but

+ xxx-xxx DMG
+ xxx-xxx Frost DMG

That can't be right.....

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/jellis8686/media/Untitled.png.html
Reply Quote
Because for some reason the randomizer seems to get stuck on streaks of offering nothing but different values of the same option over and over again. It's happened to me a couple times too.

Don't fall for the sunk cost fallacy, though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Well, if that's the case. How do i kick the loop?

It's been *stuck*, a lot longer than it should, i have rolled sockets in offhands and helms in 1-2
Reply Quote
you cant roll your "damage" to a socket, then the wand wouldnt have any damage....other than the base wich is very bad.
Edited by Arstiks#2404 on 3/28/2014 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I wish it was possible to make it painfully clear that no matter how many times you roll, it doesn't bring you close to getting the one property you want. Every attempt you make grants you 2 options, yes? The first option has a 1/14 chance of getting a socket. The second option has a 1/14 chance of getting the socket.

1/14
that's less than 10% chance each time
p = 0.0714

You have about a 7% chance of a socket occering per each of the two given option if ... IF there is an even weight among those 14 options. I suppose there is.

But what I mean to say that for every failure, the chance of less failure on your next try is not reduced. It is probable that you NEVER

nnever never neve nven nver
never
ever
see the socet roll

Granted that would be HIGHLY improbable, but not impossible. Understanding probability may be as impossible as understanding infinitely.

summation(9/10^(n), n = 1 to infinity) = 1? How can that be? There's an infinite number of nines to the right. That means it's always less than one. No. False. It is one. When you can understand that, maybe you can understand probabilty. There is no defined limit on how many times you can fail at getting that one socket.

03/28/2014 07:41 PMPosted by Pandapánts
I am looking at the possible stats, I just don't understand how it can give me

+ xxx-xxx DAMAGE over and over and over again with no other variables. I feel like it's bugged. This screenshot is from attempt 30 now, i have seen absolutely nothing but

+ xxx-xxx DMG
+ xxx-xxx Frost DMG

That can't be right.....

http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/jellis8686/media/Untitled.png.html

03/28/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Pandapánts

It's been *stuck*, a lot longer than it should, i have rolled sockets in offhands and helms in 1-2
Edited by Lykos#1124 on 3/28/2014 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
To be fair, if you consider the entire set of thirty rolls, it is unlikely to fail to get that result at least once (too lazy to work out how unlikely it is, started to, but gave up four rolls in because it involves more repetition than I want to bother with and I can't recall a shortcut). However, you're correct that since the rolls have already been done, future rolls remain at the same odds.
Reply Quote
03/28/2014 07:52 PMPosted by Pandapánts

If you have a backup-item you could try to just accept one of the options and hope that that helps. Or you could just wait and hope that it's indeed something that needs to be fixed.. which it might be, as you're not the only one who's reporting that to happen.
Reply Quote
One simple answer: You can not get the socket from swapping XXX - XXX dam, because your weap no longer have enough average dam. Just imagine if you can get the socket, how much the weapon's dps? It could go very low like 10xx dps. You've just wasted your mats and that weap. I think the tooltip gets wrong when it shows that the socket is an option. My opinion.
Reply Quote
Yeah the tooltip is probably wrong but I have to wonder why in the !@#$ anybody would remove the damage mod from their weapon.
Reply Quote
RIP wand =(

Edit: It is interesting to learn that if you *do* have a perfectly rolled weapon with a socket already, you can put the element of your choice on there.

So... good job for science >.<
Edited by Yukionna#1136 on 3/28/2014 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Any blue able to post on this?
Reply Quote
I would like clarification on this matter as well. I think I'm in the same boat :(
Allowing you to remove a weapons damage type and getting stuck in that loop sounds like a pretty big ugly bug to me.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 04:46 AMPosted by Maefix
I would like clarification on this matter as well. I think I'm in the same boat :(
Allowing you to remove a weapons damage type and getting stuck in that loop sounds like a pretty big ugly bug to me.

How?

It's fairly obvious if you would just learn what the possibilities are.

Takes about 10 seconds.
Reply Quote
40 rolls on an amulett to never ever even get the crit hit damage category sounds to me like it is very very unlikely, especially since I got only 10 possible affixes to roll from. But I am mostly stuck on vit rolls ...

Would be nice to get a blue response to this, whether either it is just rng and we can keep rolling, or whether indeed there is a problem and if we get stuck, we should not waste our ressources.
Reply Quote
And yet, I rolled a socket on my new Danetta's Spite in like... 6 tries.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]