Diablo® III

How to connect to US/ANZ servers - UPDATE

(Sticky)

Ping is good. Turns out that everyone in the US was playing adventure mode. Over 4000 games there.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 08:23 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
04/01/2014 07:05 AMPosted by Chunks
Any tips on how to do this on a mac?

Sorry guys have been really sick all day. Some form of proto-virus thingy.

Anyways to do this on a Mac :

US Servers

/Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo\ III -launch OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default

AU servers

/Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo\ III -launch OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=AU1

*warning*

Since you are launching things manually you'll need to type in your user name , password and authenticator code.

Also you may see a string of error codes go up the screen when launching manually. I had a ton of stuff on Audio stuff. Given my sound was working fine I ignored it.

I also tried TW1 but couldn't get it to log into a game at all.

Sorry, Could you do a little bit more detail about it. I don't know if I'm doing the right way. Thank you, it will be very helpful.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I was thing how to send my poor ping screenshots to Blizzard.
Well they are useless now n connection to Anz servers improve the gameplay experience.
Reply Quote
AU1 meas ANZ and Default of NA means USA.

Then what are the codes for other regions like Korea and Taiwan in Asia server?

Could you please tell me?

THX
Reply Quote
what are the codes for other regions like Korea and Taiwan in Asia server?

please tell us, thanks
Reply Quote
I'm interested in these region codes for Asia server. For Default i get linked to Korea server. May you please tell us what is the code for Taiwan servers?
Reply Quote
This method may change the situation about high delay of Chinese players. If we want to connect Korea servers, how we should change the code?
Reply Quote
hi, I have tried this, but everytime when I start my game with that shortcut and tried to log in, it said that I need to update my game which actually is already done. Any idea to fix this?
Reply Quote
good job blizzard. well done!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Draenei Mage
04/07/2014 08:09 AMPosted by JIMMY
Sorry, Could you do a little bit more detail about it. I don't know if I'm doing the right way. Thank you, it will be very helpful.

Forgot to say those commands you need to run in the terminal.

IE Mac HD -> Applications -> Utilites -> Terminal

then copy & paste one of them then press return
Edited by Bluespacecow#1139 on 4/8/2014 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
。。。。。。。
Reply Quote
I'm one of the millions pathetic D3 players in Mainland China。

We are playing this game with ping in hundreds - thousands, and the only solution is using proxy. However, the greedy proxy sellers are setting the price for D3 at a ridiculous high price. Please help us!

Recently, all of our D3 fourms in China, gives a solution which quotes this post. But this post is talking about ANZ and US server. Our English is not so good, so we didn't give tons of post to ask how to manually connect to TW or Korea server to lower our ping. Otherwise this post will be stick at the top manually for a very long time until you answered us.

However, please don't ignore my compatriots' post, they are asking for help. I know our gov is !@#$% that don't allow you to sell D3 publicly, but we still have our ways to buy this game, bcos we love Diablo. It's a Blizzard's game.

Please don't let us down. Even you don't have solution, at least you can tell us that there's nothing you can do to help us rather than ignore our posts.

Thank you and best regards,
Edison#1620 Asia
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'm confused by this answer. The poster was mentioning that in the instructions it says "OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool". This implies that the command changes the server used for matchmaking, not for private games. Is this correct? For example, I'm having trouble getting connected to the Australian servers (I live in Australia) so I want to use these instructions. But when I created a game I still had terrible ping?

If I add the command to connect to Australian servers and then log into D3 and start a new private game, should I then be playing on Australian servers? Because it doesn't appear to be working - my ping is around 400 - 800.

It doesn't just change the matchmaking it changes your private games as well.

Are you sure you are being connected to the ANZ server? if so you will need to hitup this thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12186888744#19 and post the info Blizz requested so it can be looked into.

How rude, you took the time to reply and I never came back with an answer. It turns out the problem was on my end, I'm sorry. The connection is nice and smooth now.

By the way, Blizzard should take note that I actually bought Diablo 3 at launch, then refunded it when I found how bad the server latency was, and have now repurchased with the introduction of Aus servers. Supporting your Australian customers does matter! Thanks :)
Edited by Gnack#6118 on 4/8/2014 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
04/08/2014 09:22 PMPosted by Gnack
How rude, you took the time to reply and I never came back with an answer. It turns out the problem was on my end, I'm sorry. The connection is nice and smooth now.

By the way, Blizzard should take note that I actually bought Diablo 3 at launch, then refunded it when I found how bad the server latency was, and have now repurchased with the introduction of Aus servers. Supporting your Australian customers does matter! Thanks :)

Thanks for replying mate and great to hear it works now/you rebaught the game. Hope to cya ingame sometime. =D
Reply Quote
So how to switch manually between Korean and Taiwan servers? What are the command lines I should apply?
Reply Quote
the Taiwan code is TW3
Reply Quote
I live in Australia, but I play Asia server with my friends, now I known we have ANZ server, however only work for live in ANZ and play US server. Have any ways let me play Asia server but have low latency?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]