Diablo® III

How to connect to US/ANZ servers - UPDATE

(Sticky)

04/08/2014 09:44 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
04/07/2014 08:09 AMPosted by JIMMY
Sorry, Could you do a little bit more detail about it. I don't know if I'm doing the right way. Thank you, it will be very helpful.

Forgot to say those commands you need to run in the terminal.

IE Mac HD -> Applications -> Utilites -> Terminal

then copy & paste one of them then press return

Thanks for the help!

Is there a way to put a shortcut for this command so that every time i open the D3 icon it automatically connects me to the AU server? I'm a new mac user so please bare with me =)

Anybody...?
Edited by Schizer#6179 on 5/18/2014 3:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi,

I followed the instructions to manually launch Diablo for Mac. It worked yesterday but not today. I was stuck at the login page - it's stuck at "Connecting" without any progress.

Here is the message I got from the Terminal window:

/Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo\ III -launch OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=AU1
2014-05-20 22:43:41.675 Diablo III[369:1607] Persistent UI failed to open file file://localhost/Users/a/Library/Saved%20Application%20State/com.blizzard.diablo3.savedState/window_2.data: Permission denied (13)

Can someone please help?

I cannot launch Diablo "automatically" now (i.e. launch the application). It gives me an error message (the application Diablo 3 Launcher can't be openeg -10810).
Reply Quote
anybody?? Does anybody still monitor this thread?
Reply Quote
Is there going to be a diablo 2 server as well.. guys please!!

I buy you the hardware .....
Reply Quote
Where exactly can i look to confirm if i am actually connected to the AUS servers?
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Narull
No, there is no way to have an Asia account connect to the ANZ server, sorry mate.

Sounds like bad news for me then. When I joined, I thought the Asia servers were closest to NZ where I live because I didn't see an ANZ option.

If I can't join ANZ server to change the language of my profile to English, can I switch it to US server?

I do see America on the drop down list where I log in. Having my profile in Korean is not at all helpful.

Thank you
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Putting this here for my fellow ANZ ingame community members who have asked for a little extra help, pictures to make it as easy as possible, if you still have any issues feel free to add me/msg me ingame Narull#6634 but it is very simple now because blizzard have added an option in the launcher so you don't have to make a new shortcut etc anymore.

1. Close D3 and open the launcher, click the little arrow up the top left and select 'Settings':

http://i.imgur.com/myLrCe5.jpg

2. In the new window select 'Game Settings':

http://i.imgur.com/kQZzvZE.jpg

3. Tick the box for 'Additional command line arguments' and in the new command line put the following:

If you want to always connect to the ANZ Server: OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=AU1

If you want to always connect to the US Server: OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default

SO it should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/2gK1ud3.jpg

Click 'Done' and run D3, BAM done! It's that simple.
Edited by Narull#6634 on 6/22/2014 3:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you NARULL, & thanks to Blizzard for finally putting an Aussie game server online.
20ms ping is soooooo much better than 200ms+ (pity I didn't have 20ms when I did CM wiz)

My question is: can Aussie also have an authentication server for bnet too????

We are victims of bnet authentication DC. This is the main cause of DC & death in HC.
I know many HC players can tell you of being DC every 1hour (exactly, I can time it)
Its not as often as it used to be, but it still happens. bnet DCs & game DCs after it.

We should not have to rely on US bnet for authentication.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]