Diablo® III

How to connect to US/ANZ servers - UPDATE

(Sticky)

04/08/2014 09:44 AMPosted by Bluspacecow
04/07/2014 08:09 AMPosted by JIMMY
Sorry, Could you do a little bit more detail about it. I don't know if I'm doing the right way. Thank you, it will be very helpful.

Forgot to say those commands you need to run in the terminal.

IE Mac HD -> Applications -> Utilites -> Terminal

then copy & paste one of them then press return

Thanks for the help!

Is there a way to put a shortcut for this command so that every time i open the D3 icon it automatically connects me to the AU server? I'm a new mac user so please bare with me =)

Anybody...?
Edited by Schizer#6179 on 5/18/2014 3:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi,

I followed the instructions to manually launch Diablo for Mac. It worked yesterday but not today. I was stuck at the login page - it's stuck at "Connecting" without any progress.

Here is the message I got from the Terminal window:

/Applications/Diablo\ III/Diablo\ III.app/Contents/MacOS/Diablo\ III -launch OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=AU1
2014-05-20 22:43:41.675 Diablo III[369:1607] Persistent UI failed to open file file://localhost/Users/a/Library/Saved%20Application%20State/com.blizzard.diablo3.savedState/window_2.data: Permission denied (13)

Can someone please help?

I cannot launch Diablo "automatically" now (i.e. launch the application). It gives me an error message (the application Diablo 3 Launcher can't be openeg -10810).
Reply Quote
anybody?? Does anybody still monitor this thread?
Reply Quote
Is there going to be a diablo 2 server as well.. guys please!!

I buy you the hardware .....
Reply Quote
Where exactly can i look to confirm if i am actually connected to the AUS servers?
Reply Quote
04/09/2014 04:28 PMPosted by Narull
No, there is no way to have an Asia account connect to the ANZ server, sorry mate.

Sounds like bad news for me then. When I joined, I thought the Asia servers were closest to NZ where I live because I didn't see an ANZ option.

If I can't join ANZ server to change the language of my profile to English, can I switch it to US server?

I do see America on the drop down list where I log in. Having my profile in Korean is not at all helpful.

Thank you
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Putting this here for my fellow ANZ ingame community members who have asked for a little extra help, pictures to make it as easy as possible, if you still have any issues feel free to add me/msg me ingame Narull#6634 but it is very simple now because blizzard have added an option in the launcher so you don't have to make a new shortcut etc anymore.

1. Close D3 and open the launcher, click the little arrow up the top left and select 'Settings':

http://i.imgur.com/myLrCe5.jpg

2. In the new window select 'Game Settings':

http://i.imgur.com/kQZzvZE.jpg

3. Tick the box for 'Additional command line arguments' and in the new command line put the following:

If you want to always connect to the ANZ Server: OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=AU1

If you want to always connect to the US Server: OnlineService.Matchmaking.ServerPool=Default

SO it should look like this: http://i.imgur.com/2gK1ud3.jpg

Click 'Done' and run D3, BAM done! It's that simple.
Edited by Narull#6634 on 6/22/2014 3:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you NARULL, & thanks to Blizzard for finally putting an Aussie game server online.
20ms ping is soooooo much better than 200ms+ (pity I didn't have 20ms when I did CM wiz)

My question is: can Aussie also have an authentication server for bnet too????

We are victims of bnet authentication DC. This is the main cause of DC & death in HC.
I know many HC players can tell you of being DC every 1hour (exactly, I can time it)
Its not as often as it used to be, but it still happens. bnet DCs & game DCs after it.

We should not have to rely on US bnet for authentication.
Reply Quote
Ive been sittin here for over 3 hours tryin to connect to D3, im on skype with a group of guys from the US and their playin atm, even tho im in Australia, i use US server but it wont let me connect WTF is going on??????????????????????
Reply Quote
I'm having issue with AU1 server too.. keep disconnecting from game
Reply Quote
cant connect when starting a game

There was a problem creating a game. The game servers for your game mode may be unavailable at this time.Pls try again later.(Code 317002)

Im doing season mode. trying to see if I can connect to AUS1 for better latency. US server here.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
09/15/2014 06:45 AMPosted by Hitokiri
cant connect when starting a game

There was a problem creating a game. The game servers for your game mode may be unavailable at this time.Pls try again later.(Code 317002)

Im doing season mode. trying to see if I can connect to AUS1 for better latency. US server here.

Hey mate,

If this is sitll happening it would be best to checkout the tech support forums here for help: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/

I haven't seen that issue before but I'm sure someone on there would be able to help out.
Hello all,

I just started to play D3 yesterday, and after reading the forum posts about connection issues etc, I was quite worried " maybe I just wasted my money or I won't be able to play due the latency issues" I thought...Well... NO!!! Is the first fking time I play in my life with 50-80ms while on an American server and I'm totally loving it. Thank you Blizzard for the ANZ servers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]