Diablo® III

Torment Caches drops

04/01/2014 11:19 PMPosted by Tizzy
04/01/2014 08:30 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Difficulty level has no impact on Horadric Cache loot. We recently [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]hotfixed [/url]an issue where gems from Caches were erroneously being impacted by difficulty level, but this was not intended.

There are, however, special Legendaries that only drop from Horadric Caches. The Ring of Royal Grandeur, which reduces the number of items you need to complete a Set bonus by 1 to a minimum of 2, is such an example.

With all due respect, making caches obtained in Normal contain the SAME STUFF as caches obtained in Torment 6 is absurd and pretty much the reason why people are farming Normal. No sense of progression whatsoever, and no reason to play on harder difficulties beyond frustrating yourself.

I believe, as others do, that caches should be tied to the difficulty they're EARNED in. So in Normal you get a Horadric Cache, in Expert you get an Expert Horadric Cache, in Master you get a Master Cache and so on until T6. Please, start making the risk/reward ratio mean something, otherwise people will keep doing normal split runs because, well, no reason to go to higher difficulties or actually play together.

Seriously if you want to stop split farming up your chance for legs and give imperials from caches done in torment plus.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Daemon
04/02/2014 04:36 AMPosted by Kinoh
I just got a Tal Rasha chest part from ACT 4 cube, is this intended? because I know class specific only drops in torment 1.

I was on torment 1 when it drop, if you say its true that "Difficulty level has no impact on Horadric Cache loot." then other people can get class specific loot from normal difficulty?

Sorry, could you clarify a bit more?
You did a T1 bounty set from Act 4, opened the Cache and obtained the Tal Rasha armor from the Cache?

This is the list of TORMENT-ONLY ITEMS:

Class Restricted Item Sets
The Legacy of Raekor (Barbarian Set)
Firebird's Finery (Wizard Set)
Embodiment of the Marauder (Demon Hunter Set)
Raiment of a Thousand Storms (Monk Set)
Armor of Akkhan (Crusader Set)
Helltooth Harness (Witch Doctor Set)

Theme Sets (Non class-restrictive)
Monkey King's Garb
Vyr's Amazing Arcana
Thorns of the Invoker
The Shadow's Mantle
Might of the Earth
Raiment of the Jade Harvester
Bastions of Will
Istavan's Paired Blades

Follower Items
Smoking Thurible (Enchantress)
Hand of the Prophet (Enchantress)
Skeleton Key (Scoundrel)
Ribald Etchings (Scoundrel)
Enchanting Favor (Templar)
Relic of Akarat (Templar)

Legendary Potions
Bottomless Potion of the Tower
Bottomless Potion of the Diamond
Bottomless Potion of Regeneration
Bottomless Potion of the Leech
Bottomless Potion of Mutation
Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid

- NO TAL RASHA OR LEGACY SETS ARE TORMENT-ONLY- ONLY BRAND-NEW Reaper of Souls SETS ARE TORMENT-ONLY

BLUE CONFIRMATION:

None of the listed Legendaries include Legacy items or their remakes.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9582428450#1
Edited by Scourge#1319 on 4/2/2014 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/01/2014 08:40 PMPosted by Airos
I don't think that was the question. Can Cashes only drop exclusive Legendaries? Can they drop any Legendary? Can the drop any legendary except those that are Torment exclusive?

To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries.

Only the gear from monsters, including Rift Guardians, is affected by Difficulty level.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 02:57 PMPosted by Nevalistis
I don't think that was the question. Can Cashes only drop exclusive Legendaries? Can they drop any Legendary? Can the drop any legendary except those that are Torment exclusive?

To clarify: Horadric Caches can drop any type of Legendary (regular or Bounty-exclusive) EXCEPT those that require Torment difficulty on higher. As difficulty has no impact on Horadric Caches, this also includes the ability to drop Torment-only Legendaries. Kadala is similar, as she also cannot generate Torment-only Legendaries.

Only the gear from monsters, including Rift Guardians, is affected by Difficulty level.

Makes sense.

If you want Torment-Only gear, you kill monsters in Torment Difficulty.

/case closed
Edited by Scourge#1319 on 4/2/2014 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Any chance of updating the game guide to include bounty-specific items? Looking at some peoples' profiles I see a lot of items that aren't included on the site :(
Edited by Drasanil#1846 on 4/2/2014 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote

So in other words, the ONLY way to obtain Torment only Legendaries is to kill monsters, ie: the Torment only legendaries don't come from chests? I do feel that the only Chests that should award Torment only legendaries on Torment difficulty would be Radiant chests (from clearing Cursed Shrines/Chests).
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/02/2014 03:00 PMPosted by Drasanil
Any chance of updating the game guide to include bounty-specific items? Looking at some peoples' profiles I see a lot of items that aren't included on the site :(

This feedback has already been forwarded to our web team for updating, though I don't have an ETA at the moment to provide on that. Definitely on the list, though!

04/02/2014 03:01 PMPosted by Arilith
So in other words, the ONLY way to obtain Torment only Legendaries is to kill monsters, ie: the Torment only legendaries don't come from chests?

I *think* chests might use a similar type of loot table as monsters (which would mean difficulty should affect them). Let me double check on that first, I'll update here if I get a chance to find out.
Reply Quote

Players are going to read into this.

I'm pretty sure I found a Torment-only set item from destroying an object. I suppose that a destructible can belong to the "monster" category.
Reply Quote
So farming caches on normal difficulty yields the same results from caches obtained in Torment difficulties? Or do you just mean it makes no difference where you open them?

One more: So the only way to find class-specific set items is from drops off monsters in Torment difficulties?
Reply Quote

Well, that actually explains a lot.

So basically, there's no incentive to running bounties on any difficulty higher than normal and since progress to Rifts is gated through bounties, your "intended" route goes like this.

Split Farm rift key fragments in normal, up the difficulty to Torment to run rifts, then lower the difficulty back to normal and Split Farm again.

Very diversity
Such excite
Much good design
Many fun tiems

=/
Posted by Drasanil

04/02/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Nevalistis
This feedback has already been forwarded to our web team for updating, though I don't have an ETA at the moment to provide on that. Definitely on the list, though!

Can we get the game guide to indicate Torment only legendary/set items too?
Edited by Myxlstyx#1739 on 4/2/2014 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It would be interesting to see difficulty specific items. I actually really liked that about the old game. More legendaries would be interesting and the higher up the difficulty better items, lower the difficulty the worse the items, but more chests and more choices.

So basically
Normal - (current amount of chests) 1-2 - item potential
Hard - (Less chests than normal but not by much) 2-3 item potiential
Expert (Less Chests than hard) - 3-4 items
Master (Alot less chests than expert) 4-5 Items
Torment 1-6 (Alot less chests than master, but each chest according the slider is increased by 1. So torment 1 would 5-6, but torment 2 would 6-7 etc etc.)

But maybe that is just me!

But to add to the caches. There should be differing levels of caches. The higher the difficulty the better the loot. :P
Edited by Calnor#1766 on 4/2/2014 3:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Nevalistis

I *think* chests might use a similar type of loot table as monsters (which would mean difficulty should affect them). Let me double check on that first, I'll update here if I get a chance to find out.

Isn't the answer rather obvious?

People are farming chests in T6 right now and getting legs.

It's not like they are farming them on normal, right?
Reply Quote
I've found the marauder gloves piece from a resplendent chest today. So I think it doesn't just count towards monsters for the Torment Only Gear.
Reply Quote

The question was answered. No, the caches can not drop torment only legs. If there are torment only legs, and the caches can only drop non difficulty specific items, then common sense dictates that, no, caches can not drop torment only items.
Reply Quote
You misunderstand Apathy, they are talking about torment specific legendaries.

Legs can drop from chests in normal - t6, but the question is can you get a class set piece which has a torment only requirement from a chest in t1-6?

I think the answer is yes, because I was playing last night did a few core runs on T6 and a DH got the set MH wep.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 03:21 PMPosted by Drothvader
So basically, there's no incentive to running bounties on any difficulty higher than normal and since progress to Rifts is gated through bounties, your "intended" route goes like this.

Split Farm rift key fragments in normal, up the difficulty to Torment to run rifts, then lower the difficulty back to normal and Split Farm again.

Very diversity
Such excite
Much good design
Many fun tiems

=/

I'm not seeing the issue here. Is it that the added EXP, MF, chance for gems, etc. isn't enough incentive to do bounties on higher difficulties? Is it that split farming isn't fun? The former I'd like to hear your suggestions for, the latter anyone can fix by not doing it.
Reply Quote
Well, that actually explains a lot.So basically, there's no incentive to running bounties on any difficulty higher than normal and since progress to Rifts is gated through bounties, your "intended" route goes like this.Split Farm rift key fragments in normal, up the difficulty to Torment to run rifts, then lower the difficulty back to normal and Split Farm again.Very diversitySuch exciteMuch good designMany fun tiems

What if the made keystone fragments difficulty specific. Normal earned keystones can only open normal rifts. Would that make you happy?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
So is the chance of getting ring of royal grandeur from a normal cache the same as the chance to get the ring from a t6 cache? Very ambiguous wording in these blue posts. Not sure if blue is saying all caches have same drop rate or not, all I can draw from the posts is that gems and gold are only affected by difficulty the cache was obtained in.
Reply Quote
04/02/2014 03:46 PMPosted by TEHvomit
Well, that actually explains a lot.So basically, there's no incentive to running bounties on any difficulty higher than normal and since progress to Rifts is gated through bounties, your "intended" route goes like this.Split Farm rift key fragments in normal, up the difficulty to Torment to run rifts, then lower the difficulty back to normal and Split Farm again.Very diversitySuch exciteMuch good designMany fun tiems

What if the made keystone fragments difficulty specific. Normal earned keystones can only open normal rifts. Would that make you happy?

yup
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]