Diablo® III

Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Ed. PS4 Release Date

Blizzard, June and July are completely empty for releases on the PS4. Capitalize on this and give us a release date during these two months. My Vita is ready for Kormac's cheesy dialogue and adventure mode. Lead the way to glory!
Reply Quote
Not true, The Elder Scrolls Online PS4 version comes out in June. Not sure about other titles, but I know that was dated for June. Regardless, I'd also like to see it release that early :D
Reply Quote
Game Informer did not have it on their release window, but Diablo 3 can beat that. ESO was not fun during beta and unless they made some sweeping changes, I doubt it's any better.
Reply Quote
Highly debatable. You may have not liked it, but many others love it.
Reply Quote
To clarify, I played in almost all of the beta events. At first it was pretty bad, but every beta I participated in, it progressed greatly every time. The starting zones are bland and sort of lame, but if you adventured further, the game begins to get better and better the higher level and further you get.

So at first, especially starter and early areas, it was 'meh' at best. Now, however, it is far better and very cool. If you were not a fan of Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, or anything of that sort to begin with, then of course you won't like it. As for the fans of the series and as an MMO-type game, it's actually pretty awesome.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 07:41 AMPosted by AceBro
To clarify, I played in almost all of the beta events. At first it was pretty bad, but every beta I participated in, it progressed greatly every time. The starting zones are bland and sort of lame, but if you adventured further, the game begins to get better and better the higher level and further you get.

So at first, especially starter and early areas, it was 'meh' at best. Now, however, it is far better and very cool. If you were not a fan of Elder Scrolls, Skyrim, or anything of that sort to begin with, then of course you won't like it. As for the fans of the series and as an MMO-type game, it's actually pretty awesome.

Yeah I enjoy the series. I'm glad that they give you the option to skip the training island now.
Reply Quote
I just wish they had a far better beginning. The judgement of a game is highly dependant of the first few hours of gameplay. Many people quit and judge based on that first impression. If the first few hours suck and the end game is the best in the world, it doesn't matter because people tasted the suck first and prematurely quit.

They should have made cold harbor (or whatever the starter tutorial zone was) a far better more scripted event. For those of you that played WoW and the Death Knight starter zone - remember near the end of the quest chain? Where you charged in to fight with tons of other undead / Death Knights to fight the Argent Dawn? That battle was epic and fun to participate in, best of all, rememberable. Even if it was just you alone, all the NPCs and the event alone was epic!

Cold harbor (I think) pales in comparrison. You bash 3 bad guys, avoid some spike traps, kill one mini boss near the end that is super weak, then the "event" and tutorial new player zone is all over with. I almost fell asleep just thinking about it, let alone playing it. Thank the divines it can be skipped after the first character!

I have yet to experience the end game on it though, I hope you're right and it does get better - only level 6 right now and it slowly is getting better, but at a really slow pace, lower than I like.

Something to hold me over until RoS comes out though on PS4. So hurry it up Blizzard!
Edited by SoulStrykar#1292 on 4/3/2014 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The more I read these forums, the more I'm convinced that AceBro & SoulStrykar are the same person.
Reply Quote
I'll take that as a compliment! Lol :D

I do have two accounts, but both are AceBro with a different # after the ID. That way I don't have to take my Authenticator with me everywhere I go. I think Soul just played beta though, not as progressed as me in the actual release. I guess we'll find out though if we get a reply :)

Edit: To refute that claim though, I will gladly request her to send you a friend request and talk with her on her mic if you'd like, lol. Trust me, I am not like Melvin / Wishincoin / Pandakisses / Kitty / Slicer / Kaitsja / etc.
Edited by AceBro#1602 on 4/3/2014 7:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Haha Ace. It's not that serious, Soul wouldn't play with me anyways, I'm a Noobcake.
Reply Quote
I could be wrong, but I don't think she cares if you are in a guild or not and which guild you may be in. Based on what I've heard and seen in other threads, she just gets her jollies trolling record. My word of advise, don't give her a reason to troll, she's relentless. You should see some of the non-guild troll threads she posts if you haven't yet. Like throwing gas on a fire, I swear. She's borderline insane. (If you read this Soul, I mean that in the best possible way lol)

As for me, I played with and will gladly again play with any legit mature people - no matter what "guild" they are in. I don't judge people based on that or what others say. I like to make my own judgements towards people through getting to know them. But that's me. :D
Reply Quote
I hope we don't have to wait until June/July.....lol.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 02:29 PMPosted by Beasthunt

It's already April. If it was to release sooner than June, we more than likely would have heard something by now. We heard about D3 release on PS3/Failbox several months prior to that release.
Reply Quote
04/04/2014 02:32 PMPosted by AceBro
04/04/2014 02:29 PMPosted by Beasthunt

It's already April. If it was to release sooner than June, we more than likely would have heard something by now. We heard about D3 release on PS3/Failbox several months prior to that release.

I'm hoping for a summer release. Hopefully we'll hear more at PAX East next week. Blizzard better not be holding out on a release date because of the Xbox One version. There was an article on IGN that stated they were developing the console versions alongside the PC version, so it should be soon, not Blizzard soon!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
According to the official PS4 release video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4aBSBlgK98

Diablo 3 for PS4 is slated to release Winter 2014, so disappointing.

I hope Sony is wrong
Reply Quote
I hope it's not true. I've read articles that say that the PS4 version's release date is sooner than one might think. I hope it's at least around the summer. The wishful in me is hoping for May.
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 11:03 PMPosted by Ultrasoul
According to the official PS4 release video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4aBSBlgK98

Diablo 3 for PS4 is slated to release Winter 2014, so disappointing.

I hope Sony is wrong

It's actually in the TBA column of the list.

That video does not make that clear, however if you look at the list which the video is based on:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/26/ps4-games-in-2014-the-ultimate-list/
Reply Quote
i like diablo better that eldar scrolls not gona lie
Reply Quote
I think May/June would be great for Activision Blizzard. Destiny comes out in September, new WoW expension in winter.
Reply Quote
04/06/2014 03:01 AMPosted by Incarmine
I hope it's not true. I've read articles that say that the PS4 version's release date is sooner than one might think. I hope it's at least around the summer. The wishful in me is hoping for May.

I hope you are right.

It would be cool if they give us some official news U_U
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]