Diablo® III

Wow I just played Path of Exile for a week before RoS

04/03/2014 05:14 AMPosted by matt62868
Path of Entitlement.

how? did u read the post about people demanding they be carried in high Torment because they also paid $40. Blizzard games are the king of entitlement losers who will never make it in the real world.
Reply Quote
PoE is a good game? yes, it is.

Better than D3? in some aspects, terrible !@#$ing bad in many others.

Why do you are making a post to say you are going to play it? not a clue.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 05:13 AMPosted by Balla
PoE is awful C grade movie whereas D3 is the War and Peace of arpg's.

Have fun slumming it!

so its long and boring? I kid I kid about war and peace not about d3 feels like running on a treadmill towards the 2 to 3 hour mark and the next forgotten soul.
Reply Quote
Give Marvel Heroes a whirl. It's far and away the best ARPG out now. Was junk when it was released, but king now.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Dabrixmgp
04/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by chasa619
POE is a game only a blind person could love.

That !@#$s ugly as sin. straight up N64 graphics.

If graphics are #1 then why did beautiful games like Aion or Tera do so badly compared to WoW with its cartoony graphics? Oh wait maybe its because people only care about game play and could give a rat's !@# about how it looks.

because of a thing called STYLE.

POe is going for an HD look, and its an UGLY UGLY original Mortal kombat "hd" look.

WOW has a cartoony style, just like windwaker is a cell shaded style.
Reply Quote
PoE should not even exist. nobody should even know about it.

D3 should have been and could have been so good that them other games don't even register...

but they do. Google trends shows for a time PoE was more searched for and discussed than Diablo 3 which is fascinating because one is the product of arguably the most reputable video game studios on ever created and the other was cooked up by 19 hillbillies in New Zealand.

The other ARPGs having success is partly due to the void left by Diablo 3's failure.

role playing games are not about the best graphics or the most chilren playing them.

unfortunately the gamers of today are making it so...
Reply Quote
View profile
What I couldn't stand is how the warrior just was staring at the sky like he was in some sort of comatose state, like wtf you staring at dude.
Edited by EdgeOfThorns#1171 on 4/3/2014 10:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I played D3 on release for 9 months. Then I switched to PoE and played that until RoS came out. Now I will play RoS until I want to start playing PoE again.

My point is--It's all about personal preference. What makes a game great to you may make it horrible for someone else. There's no point in arguing it. The only thing we can all agree upon is the fact that USA > Rest of World.

lol, sorry about the last line, I couldn't resist.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:09 AMPosted by grayfox
04/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by chasa619
POE is a game only a blind person could love.

That !@#$s ugly as sin. straight up N64 graphics.

You're being far too generous.

Clearly, neither of you have played or owned a N64.

Any more invalid video game comments or is the well dry?
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 06:09 AMPosted by Ashleigh
I find POE to be fun, but yeah, the skill tree is intimidating as hell.

Until you realize 90% of it is bloat.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 04:33 AMPosted by PonyKiller

I highly suggest you go back and play Diablo 2, and go play this very fantastic game and get an idea of what gamers actually want vs what you think we want. Go play Witcher 3, go play Final Fantasy 14 Realm Reborn. Go play Torchlight 2. Let these games show you what we want as gamers. These are the games getting the fanbases of 2014.

You left out Marvel Heroes
Edited by Cyxe#1887 on 4/3/2014 10:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:19 AMPosted by Verno71
I played D3 on release for 9 months. Then I switched to PoE and played that until RoS came out. Now I will play RoS until I want to start playing PoE again.

My point is--It's all about personal preference. What makes a game great to you may make it horrible for someone else. There's no point in arguing it. The only thing we can all agree upon is the fact that USA > Rest of World.

lol, sorry about the last line, I couldn't resist.

I laughed
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 05:11 AMPosted by SaVaGeOnE
the old blizzard would have thought of this... new blizzard just lost touch with gamers

No, it seems like they only found a new audience.
Reply Quote
PoE has all the potential in the world if it wasnt so catered to MP and streamers.

I love the skill tree and diversity in builds, though there are still cookie cutter builds and nerfs there galor, I have no idea what the OP is talking about. I cant play any of my old characters as all their builds have been nerfed into the ground. You constantly have to start over. ANd many of these builds REQUIRE a specific leg or two, and you can forget about getting them as a new player. I couldnt get them after months of playing.

The biggest problem with that game is the loot drops arent much better than D3V. In maybe 300 hours, I never once got a legendary item that was worth a !@#$. Most of my rares were trash. The only way I ever got a really good item was to buy it from another player. Currency drop rates are abysmal. You have to stand in town for hours on end spamming your items, but there are 100 other players doing the same thing.

Because of all that, you will always hit a wall int he last act of the last difficulty. It just gets miserable. And each death costs xp This leads to night after night of farming nothing but the docks, which gets to be way lower level than you are, which makes progress grind to a halt.

You can join a group which ups the loot GREATLY, but the systems in place of who gets what is terrible. You can either go free for all, which leads to the ranged players always getting screwed, or you just get people who only pay attention to drops. Or you can go the reserved loot route, but its no round robin, its rng for who gets the loot. So ive watched awesome legs and super rare currency go to the same people time and time again. Its a garbage system.

Streamers rule the market too. They have legions of fans of give them tons of currency and items, and they play all day every day. So you can bet any of the better items are going to be so far out of your price range youll never see it. You have a better chance of getting that 1 perfect item you want in d3 right now with no trade system,

The way they justify all this....hardcore. They love that word.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 05:11 AMPosted by Nw0rb
POE is terrible.

what didnt you like about the game that made it terrible? What league did you play in? What classes and builds did you try? Did you not like the map system being end game? Did you not like the crafting and currency system?
Reply Quote
Lol, PoE. All the hipsters love that large skill tree. It's a shame 90% of it is bad and all that choice is an illusion. When you add clunky gameplay, a ridiculous grind and 90's graphics it just becomes embarrassing. The story is also really bad. I can't believe anyone who likes that game would have the stones to mock D3's story.
Reply Quote
Well poe is the best arpg currently available.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Illkhan
Lol, PoE. All the hipsters love that large skill tree. It's a shame 90% of it is bad and all that choice is an illusion. When you add clunky gameplay, a ridiculous grind and 90's graphics it just becomes embarrassing. The story is also really bad. I can't believe anyone who likes that game would have the stones to mock D3's story.

even if it is still 90% bloat theres far more build diversity in the game. For example in PoE i can play a non crit build. Please tell me how you can play a build in D3 that isnt based on crit chance and crit damage but can still be a viable end game farmer.
Reply Quote
Everybody loves PoE. Until they hit the "end game" and realize it's 100 times worse than D3's end game, and D3 had pretty lack luster end game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]