Diablo® III

Wow I just played Path of Exile for a week before RoS

04/03/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Illkhan
The story is also really bad. I can't believe anyone who likes that game would have the stones to mock D3's story.

yeah, archdemons that tell you their every single motive and plan is much better storyline than poe! gr8 taste
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:53 AMPosted by MrPig
Everybody loves PoE. Until they hit the "end game" and realize it's 100 times worse than D3's end game, and D3 had pretty lack luster end game.

Not like blizz is borrowing ideas from poe for endgame right?
Reply Quote
Everybody loves PoE. Until they hit the "end game" and realize it's 100 times worse than D3's end game, and D3 had pretty lack luster end game.

they are far better than Rifts. At least with maps you can customize them to your liking. You can add difficulty to scale up the drops. In PoE you can reroll maps to increase density. How do I do that with Rifts again so I can stop running 3 screens until I see a group of 4 mobs, then 2 screens for a group of 4 mobs?
Edited by Dabrixmgp#1694 on 4/3/2014 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I play both POE and Diablo 3 (and have succeeded in end game content). POE is for extremely hardcore gamers with no-life. Diablo 3 is for normal/casual players. Both are great games and both serve their purpose very well. POE players bash Diablo3 because it is too easy to get great gear, etc. Diablo 3 players bash POE because of it's insanely difficult learning curve, dysync, and insanely rare drop rate.

Most Diablo 3 players would cry at POE's difficulty and drop rates (I want a mirror and I want it now)!!
Most POE players would quit Diablo 3 in 2 weeks when they all had BIS and ran T6 with their eyes closed and had no ladders to run.

Different games with different purposes. Neither is better than the other...they just cater to different audiences.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 05:06 AMPosted by NewZodiac
I tried PoE. Didn't like it.

To each their own, there's no need to make a big rant about it.

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
Edited by vardon098#1440 on 4/3/2014 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:55 AMPosted by Tarzan23

Different games with different purposes. Neither is better than the other...they just cater to different audiences.

dont try and pass that off on Blizzard forums. Entitlement kiddies think they are the only audience that matters.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Dabrixmgp
Lol, PoE. All the hipsters love that large skill tree. It's a shame 90% of it is bad and all that choice is an illusion. When you add clunky gameplay, a ridiculous grind and 90's graphics it just becomes embarrassing. The story is also really bad. I can't believe anyone who likes that game would have the stones to mock D3's story.

even if it is still 90% bloat theres far more build diversity in the game. For example in PoE i can play a non crit build. Please tell me how you can play a build in D3 that isnt based on crit chance and crit damage but can still be a viable end game farmer.
I can stack health/regen/thorns and kill the last boss on the highest difficulty while afk in PoE. Not my cup of tea. Plus the gameplay itself is straight up boring and unengaging. It's like a 90's game but worse, I have more fun playing Neverwinter Nights 2 than PoE.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Jorkfriend
The story is also really bad. I can't believe anyone who likes that game would have the stones to mock D3's story.

yeah, archdemons that tell you their every single motive and plan is much better storyline than poe! gr8 taste
PoE's story is so bad I don't even remember what it is to make fun of it accurately. If I can't even remember the storyline the writers failed miserably. I found myself skipping dialogue/cutscenes before even finishing the game once, that's pretty sad.
Reply Quote

they are far better than Rifts. At least with maps you can customize them to your liking. You can add difficulty to scale up the drops. There isnt even an option to turn off bad Rifts with horrible density. In PoE you can reroll maps to increase density. How do I do that with Rifts again?

You spend hours upon hours of grinding the same 3 areas to first even get those maps to drop. Then you spend hours upon hours grinding said maps only to spend thousands upon thousands of orbs rerolling (unless you're super lucky. I never was) that loot so you can finally get that 6 link. Only now you have to spend thousands upon thousands of orbs to get the right colours. Or you can spend hundreds upon hundreds of hours sitting in trade trying to get that loot spending essentially the same amount of orbs.

I've played PoE since closed beta, I've given them money. It's the same crap with a different, crappier coat of paint. Yeah, I'll admit it's my personal opinion (as well as my previous post) and for those that (for whatever reason) loved the D2 formula will probably love PoE. To me? It's a collosal waste of time, more so than D3RoS. Their god awful desync issue that has been there for over 2 years doesn't help either. It's infinitely worse than the occasional lag spikes on Bliz's servers.
Edited by MrPig#1875 on 4/3/2014 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I tried PoE but I did not like the sphere skill system.
Reply Quote
Played PoE...was fun for 1 day.

Then it was terribad, and man is it an ugly game.
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 11:01 AMPosted by Illkhan
04/03/2014 10:54 AMPosted by Jorkfriend
PoE's story is so bad I don't even remember what it is to make fun of it accurately. If I can't even remember the storyline the writers failed miserably. I found myself skipping dialogue/cutscenes before even finishing the game once, that's pretty sad.

if poe was as bad as diablo 3's story, you'd be remembering why it was so bad

poe's story is forgettable but it's sure as hell not worse than diablo 3's, ugh
Reply Quote
I played PoE for quite a long time. Hundreds of exalts worth of currency and gear. Honestly it's nothing but a trade simulator. New players will never get legacies. They'll never be the best. Either flip or farm 24/7 or you'll really never get all that great and powerful.

I actually moved from PoE back to D3 because simply put it's near impossible to play self found and level to 100 solo.

Also, they nerf dozens of builds every time there's a major content update, and I hate rerolling.
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated">...</span>

PoE doesn't have a "story." It's pretty minimalist, with NPCs providing some background detail and hints at dark happenings in the past. And I think it's exponentially better to go this route than the !@#$%^-*!ory (EDIT: apparently "master baiting" is a bad word)hero worship that the D3 narrative has slipped into. Also PoE's voice acting is on some next level ish. Seriously, you skipped the Gemling queen's dialogue? You've done yourself a disservice!
Edited by Taganov#1343 on 4/3/2014 11:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 11:05 AMPosted by Garandhero
Played PoE...was fun for 1 day.

Then it was terribad, and man is it an ugly game.

so basically you never got far enough for skills and abilities to level up and never got very far into the skill system.

Thats like saying "I played Diablo 3 up until I rescued Cain but then quit because the game was horrible." You can say you didnt enjoy the game and thats why you quit but to say the game was terribad without even really playing it just makes you look stupid. If you never really played the game or did end game then you cant say it was terribad.
Reply Quote
PoE has awesome game system. Then again every arpg ive played recently has better game systems than d3.

The only thing d3 does better than the competition is the smooth gameplay and combat. It gets slaughtered from a design perspective.
Edited by Watties#1689 on 4/3/2014 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I could never really get into POE. I haven't played it in a while though. I do like D3 ROS a lot better than D3. D3 felt like one long @SS beta test that I had to pay for. The only thing I can say that need to be fixed in ROS is 2 handers and trading. I just can't wrap my head around not being able to trade gems. =8-)
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 05:08 AMPosted by shipit
POE with D3's fluid combat (no desync!!) would be the perfect game
^this, so much this. like honestly, all the developers have to do is go play poe and BOOM get soo many basic ideas that would dramatically make d3 so much better that poe would just lose all their player base for d3.

i really don't like poe at all but i can't deny that there're a lot of basic gameplay mechanics/ideas that i feel if blizz even took a peak at and "borrowed" ideas from, d3 would evolve and just massacre poe in every way.

what needs to happen is blizz needs to stop catering the game to awful casuals (there's already hearthstone and hots for them) who want to play the game for a week and then be satisfied with the experience, and rather cater to the diablo player fanbase and actually create a legitimately GOOD game which will trigger EVERYONE to come play it instead of just bliz consumers who throw there money away at everything.

completely agree with op, it's so disappointing not because PoE is a better game, but because D3 has so much potential but blizzard is just falling over on their asses ruining what could be amazing.
Edited by preslee#1841 on 4/3/2014 11:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/03/2014 11:09 AMPosted by zalsrevenge
Hundreds of exalts worth of currency and gear.

.......lol well you're a liar.

plain and simple.

After reading this whole thread, I'm super glad the average D3 crowd doesn't play POE.

Really to be good at POE, you need to play around with more than a few characters, accumulate a variety of skill gems and always make sure your base stats of str, dex and int are at least at 100. Sure some builds aren't viable until you get a certain gem.

The same people who find the skill tree daunting in POE also find the menu at McDonalds equally frustrating.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]