Diablo® III

So I've read about endless dungeons ...

my own topic ...

/open rant

nephalim rift where suppose to be "endless" dungeons, ever changing ( the preview post even tease you : "How deep can you reach ? " .. they got me to bought the expension and start back playing ...

what a load of crap this is ... 4 level =/= endless dungeon ...

/end rant

aside from that, fun end game boss.
Edited by Zeb#1642 on 4/1/2014 4:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah fun ....rift boss is copy pasted butcher..... cool nothing new.

maybe ill get lucky...

rift boss is giant titan hammerfist guy from act 4.... copy pasted.... sweet....

maybe ill get lucky..

rift boss is a generic snake elite boss..... awesome... copy paste again.
Reply Quote
they could've just set the "endless" dungeon to be some kind of diablo1 ... and everyone wouldve love it ... now its just a random non interesting place. They couldve set this up to be a wonderfull challenge
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We're actually looking to expand upon Nephalem Rifts in our upcoming 2.1.0 patch, creating what we're internally calling "Tiered Rifts." In a way, Tiered Rifts are similar to an endless dungeon (or "topless tower," as Wyatt likes to call it) in that as you complete different tiers of Rifts, you can unlock more tiers. Another goal with Tiered Rifts is to provide a way for players to test and challenge themselves, and also compare their progression against the progress of other players.

Wyatt gave a sneak peek during our Live Q&A on March 24: http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1830-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-release-party

Q: Are there plans to add new end-game challenges in the months to come, similar to the Infernal Machine event?
Wyatt Cheng: New end game challenges... Josh mentioned that the first content patch is going to have Seasons. I'm happy to announce that there is another major feature coming in the patch 2.1, which is going to be what we're internally calling Tiered Rifts. The idea behind that is an actual challenge scenario, where players do increasingly hard Rifts, to try and see who can get the farthest.

The basic mechanics that we have working right now is: you go through the game in Adventure Mode, you do your Bounties, you do a Nephalem Rift. If you clear the Nephalem Rift, there's a chance to get what's called a Greater Rift Token. If you successfully clear the Greater Rift in a certain time limit, then you unlock a Greater Rift Key (Rank 2). If you clear that one, you get Rank 3, etc. Each one is harder than the previous one. Much like Seasons, we're looking at having a leaderboard as well, so you'll be able to compare your progress to the people on your Friends List, your Clan, and the whole region. You'll be able to see who got to the highest Tiered Rift, and what time were they able to obtain on that.

Tiered Rifts are still in development, so there aren't many additional details to share right now. We hope to provide more information in the coming weeks, though--so stay tuned!

Note: Since we experienced sound issues during the live recording, we don't yet have a VOD to share. We hope to be able to resolve the sound issues first and are troubleshooting that right now. If can't fix the audio, we'll provide a full transcript and maybe even re-record the Q&A in our own studio and answer some extra questions when we do! Sincere apologies for the delay on that. :)
Edited by Lylirra on 4/3/2014 2:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hopefully this is not like pvp and actually gets implemented
Reply Quote
Sounds cool.
Would it be possible to "expand" the loot as well? Maybe better rolled items or a noticable increase in set item drops. For Rifts only obviously.

Set items are a pet peeve of mine, I've gotten 5 on my strength characters and 4 have been intel.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're actually looking to expand upon Nephalem Rifts in our upcoming 2.1.0 patch

Hello Lylirra,

I had heard about this, and I do have a question/concern.

I pretty exclusively play HC these days and the idea of a dungeon that is ever increasing in difficulty sounds fun, but also sounds like it will be prohbitive for HC players in a sense.

When playing HC, you gauge your character vs. the difficulty you choose very carefully to determine what is right. the idea of a completely random dungeon with an undefined difficulty is really not something that sounds appealing to me as a HC player. I am sure that many other HC players will disagree, but I am sure that many others would like to see content that they can participate in on an even level.

Will there be different leaderboards for HC vs. Normal players?

I am assuming that death in these rifts would still be permanent for HC players?

Is there any way to gauge what difficulty of monster will actually be in the tiers of rifts?

If I do a tier 2 rift and I get a tier 3 key, do I have to go back to Tier 1 rifts to get a new tier 2 key? If so, doesn't that seem disadvantageous to the HC players who do not want to take on the next tier based on their gear/comfort level?

Is it possible to use a Tier 3 key to instead open a lower leve tier rift than 3 (backwards compatibility)?

What, if any, are the tangible rewards for completing a higher tier rift (other than leaderboard progression)?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
The rifts are an endless dungeon in some sense. I mean after you kill the rift boss you can instantly make another rift with random dungeons and just keep going on and on until you get board or run out of those rift tokens.

I like what Zeb said about having endless dungeons from previous Diablo games. Even if the dungeons were copy and pasted into D3 with no major graphical changes I would still love that idea. Almost take us back into a nostalgic feeling. Here the dungeon just goes deeper and harder for however long you want.

Another cool thing would be to get special town portals after you get so far so you can continue where you left off if you have to take a break from playing. Now this is something that would be pretty neat! :)

I am pretty happy though with D3 and RoS now. All the changes have made the game insanely fun and added a lot of re-playability. So I am happy with it as is. it is fun coming up with some of these ideas though.
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 05:43 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're actually looking to expand upon Nephalem Rifts in our upcoming 2.1.0 patch, creating what we're internally calling "Tiered Rifts." In a way, Tiered Rifts are similar to an endless dungeon (or "topless tower," as Wyatt likes to call it) in that as you complete different tiers of Rifts, you can unlock more tiers. Another goal with Tiered Rifts is to provide a way for players to test and challenge themselves, and also compare their progression against the progress of other players.

Wyatt gave a sneak peek during our Live Q&A on March 24: http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1830-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-release-party

Wyatt Cheng: There is another major feature in the patch 2.1, which is going to be what we're internally calling Tiered Rifts. The idea is a challenge scenario, where players do increasingly hard Rifts, to see who can get the farthest. The way it works is: You do your Bounties and get the tokens, then you do a Nephalem Rift. If you clear it, there's a chance to get a Greater Rift Token. If you successfully do that, you'll get a Greater Rift Key (Rank 2); if you clear that one, you get Rank 3, etc. Much like seasons, we're going to have a leaderboard as well, so you can see who got to the highest tier Rift, and what time were they able to obtain on that.

Tiered Rifts are still in development, so there aren't many additional details to share right now. We hope to provide more information in the coming weeks, though--so stay tuned!

Note: Since we experienced sound issues during the live recording, we don't yet have a VOD to share. We hope to be able to resolve the sound issues first and are troubleshooting that right now. If can't fix the audio, we'll provide a full transcript and maybe even re-record the Q&A in our own studio and answer some extra questions when we do! Sincere apologies for the delay on that. :)

Holy dickwaffles. I have to admit, I like rifts but they feel a little lacking. This just made my day.
Reply Quote
wait a minute.. is this april fools?
Reply Quote
This sounds like a fantastic idea

+1
Reply Quote
Just make sure you get the classes all balanced out before doing leaderboards.
Reply Quote
Sounds like something a ladder would track...
Reply Quote
View profile
04/01/2014 06:21 PMPosted by Dave
wait a minute.. is this april fools?

No way, april fools is only in the morning of April 1, it is over the moment the clock strikes 12, this is legit and sounds awesome!
Reply Quote
04/01/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Cochise

They are adding ladders.
Edited by Kilzjhen#1967 on 4/1/2014 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/01/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Cochise

I hear they're fun to climb. ;)

Q: Any new content you wanted to include in RoS, but didn't have enough time?

Josh Mosqueira: That's a really good question. One of the features you guys have asked about a lot, that we have done a lot of research for, is something called ladders. I'm happy to say that as part of our first big content patch in a couple of month, we will be releasing seasons, which will include a ladder-like aspect to them. We're still working on them, but the general gist is that you'll level up a new character, we'll have specific ladders for seasons, and also some goodies that will drop along the way. There's more information of that to come, and we're not making an announcement of when, but that's coming in the first major content patch.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
04/01/2014 05:58 PMPosted by Nickamus
Will there be different leaderboards for HC vs. Normal players?

I am assuming that death in these rifts would still be permanent for HC players?

Is there any way to gauge what difficulty of monster will actually be in the tiers of rifts?

If I do a tier 2 rift and I get a tier 3 key, do I have to go back to Tier 1 rifts to get a new tier 2 key? If so, doesn't that seem disadvantageous to the HC players who do not want to take on the next tier based on their gear/comfort level?

Is it possible to use a Tier 3 key to instead open a lower leve tier rift than 3 (backwards compatibility)?

What, if any, are the tangible rewards for completing a higher tier rift (other than leaderboard progression)?

I don't have any of these specifics for you at this point, I'm afraid. Definitely something I can bring up with the dev team, though, to discuss during further development.
Reply Quote
-.-
Reply Quote
View profile
Good news is its slated for patch 2.1

Bad news is patch 2.1 will come soon™
Reply Quote
View profile
04/01/2014 05:48 PMPosted by Sneakydays
hopefully this is not like pvp and actually gets implemented

It is hard to trust info like this, isn't it? Even with ladders.

What is really funny is that this was suggested (they did it in Torchlight and it was awesome) way way back when D3 was pretty new because the box of course said "randomly generated levels blah blah......" and of course we all know that nothing in Act 1-4 is really random except the spawn of dungeons.

Of course it would be nice if it was something to add to D3V as well as the game is lacking in end game without RoS and I am not convinced I want to buy it just yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]