Diablo® III

Cheap laptop for D3 RoS?

Can anyone recommend a laptop that will run D3 on minimum settings? Been on the road a lot lately for work and my work laptop won't run it, and it would be nice to be able to play on the road.. Thx
Reply Quote
It cannot.

Recommended requirements is a Radeon HD 4870/ GTX 260 and desktop Dual core Core 2 duo.

A laptop i5 may be able to get away but you have to factor in the GPU

Most sub $1000 USD laptops have a hard time just catching up with a HD 4870 desktop GPU for the last 4 years they have been re branding laptop GPU. Same garbage over and over.

Cheap gaming laptops have the issue of overheating also Asus ROG has big complaints on over heating and dying. So far only Alienware seem to have a good track record but then again look how thick their laptops are. If you are willing to run it on low resolution with all effects turn down and off you can get away with a cheap laptop with just an i5 alone and no GPU

However the FPS will drop to 5 FPS in big fights just make sure you are prepared for that. a cheap video card laptop like a GT 730m should bring you to 15 FPS in rift elite packs. These fps numbers I am quoting are minimum there are times you will cross 60 but thats in town.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]